Today Performance

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by MUTALISKUS, Oct 26, 2018.

1. MUTALISKUS

Very good. The performance of the game. After today's fixation. There is no drop in FPS in battles. You can when you want !! thank
  2. csvfr

Still lagged during prime time on my end. ~ 10 sec disconnects every 5-10 minutes where people start floating around in the air and such.
    • Up x 1
  3. Lord_Mogul

What ever got reverted to fix the disconnect/crash issue, it took the performance with it.
    • Up x 1
  4. MUTALISKUS

I have never been disconnects . over the past two weeks. But there were terrible drawdowns of FPS. and minimum fps. was very small
  5. adamts01

Connery is currently unplayable. Half the time the server latency was in the thousands.
    • Up x 1
  6. tommyrocket

Whoever gets more or less performance from this patch I'm guessing is on a case-by-case basis, since I did notice what seemed to be a significant improvement. Should note that it requires more testing to be sure..

Played for a while last night after the maintenance- noticed that there seemed to be less input lag regardless of the framerate I had. I'm unsure about the firerate as I wasn't concerned at the time, but it was easier to play the game over all. Server latency, etc. wasn't jumping all over the place from what I could tell, but the audio didn't take long to glitch out.

No matter what went on, the audio was limited to what seemed like 10 channels all on its own. Restarting the game fixes it, though only temporarily. I shudder to increase the audio channels above 96 or whatever the default is, as last time I did that, lag went up by quite a bit when there's several hundred people around the same hex. Might still try it again, despite past issues.

The hitching on death and on kill / hit seemed to be gone for the most part, though I don't have enough computer restart/game restart tests done to pin it as 100% stable yet. Here's hoping it is!

Really? Haven't logged in since the morning at least..(was fine this morning) would be a shame to have lag hamper the ability to play during 4x XP. Would kinda like to use what's left of my boosts, y' know?
  7. LostMyHead

Still massive (1000s) in server latency - varies from normal 50ms with random spikes. Live am a few miles from the servers, and seeing stable 18ms networks latency but the rollback proves the issue was not part of the new code. Its fairly unplayable, and I think even with the massive XP boost today, there are not that many people playing due to the issues.
    Please find the issue, its aparently not in the old or new code base - something else changed.
  8. chayne

Just logged out, Esamir locked on Connery, last 5 minutes before it locked the game was basically unplayable.
    • Up x 1
  9. adamts01

Yeah. My whole platoon just spent the last hour of the alert warping around. This latest patch sounds like it was just a rollback to the game's previous trashy state. All I can say is I'm glad I fought the urge to renew my membership for this weekend.

Edit: And there goes a disconnect. Funny thing is that I hardly had any problems for the two weeks that people couldn't log on. DB definitely doesn't have an easy job.
  10. OgreMarkX

Planetside 2 players on Connery (once again) lagged so hard tonight that we all found ourselves suddenly in H1Z1.

GAMING NEWS: DBG announces upward player spike in it's survival game: H1Z1.

"Our design philosophy is paying off", stated DBG's new design and marketing lead, Patrick Soderlund. "We're excited to also announce that, next week, we're releasing MEGA LOTTO LOOT BOXES* to all Planetside 2 players. Each MEGA LOTTO LOOT BOX* has a 1/1024 chance to drop a LAG REDUCER** implant.

*available in the Cash Shop for $10/Box
    **lag reducer implants decay overtime, even when not online, and last 30 minutes
  11. Crash Bandicoot

I was playing on Cobalt after the supposed fix and got serious lag spikes at times. When battles got heated server latency would go up and down and had fps drops ofc.
  12. The Shady Engineer

Played a lot during the weekend on Emerald and I have to say the performance was outstanding. No disconnect issues, ping spikes or FPS drops. Quadruple xp for members was also a nice touch. :D
  13. adamts01

After this patch, I get crazy chippiness in big fights, even when pulling 80 frames. For the first time in the history of this game I've had to turn on smoothing.
  14. MUTALISKUS

in 2016, optimization and graphics were better. Today we have what we have. It was originally a game about war with its history. and idiology today is a pumpkin-headed freak show. But I will still love and play Planetside2. !!