[Suggestion] Encourage more Teamplay

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Taris26, Oct 24, 2018.

1. Taris26

Hello Guys

Most likely it has already been mentioned some time ago. If not i want to give some ideas out that came into my mind to encourage more Teamplay and make the classes more interesting to Play. This is mostly from a infantry Player perspective.

We all know most ppl tend to Play as Heavy Assault because it's the strongest class for a one on one Encounter (because of their Shield) AND it's also strong against tanks AND Aircraft. It also can heal itself with medkits and has Unlimited ammo with vs weapons like the betelgeuse. Don't Forget the combination of Adrenalin Shield and Assimilate Implant. This does attract lots of kdr oriented Players i get that. Just run and gun heal and continue. Now this should not be a rant or hate to all ha Player. I myself Play HA most of the time but i ask myself the question why is that and would it not be more fun to Play the game different.
    What i want to say is and many ppl may know this already. Betelgeuse makes Engis useless. Medkits, Regen Implant makes Medics less usefull. Imagine you don't Regenerate anymore at all. You would now really Need a medic and are more grateful when you get healed.
    Moving such Things out of the game would e
    ncourages Teamplay much more than the current state.
    I know it's would be a massive change to the gameplay but i think it would be positive. These changes Need to come with a meta game change that encourage to actually take bases and defend bases. Why take a Tech Plant? Why take a AMP Station? Taking a Biolab should give you someting which impact the gameplay same as locking a continent. Now i switch to a whole different topic that I even don't want to start.

Back to some Problems of curren class system. Outfits / Squads or Platoons mostly prefer to have Medics and Heavy Assault Maybe one Engineer but few if not none Infiltrators and light assaults. These classes are not relevant enough to Play with most Squads which is bad. I also want to adress the MAX. The MAX can be an absolute killer machines in the right hands. Sure you Need engineers beside you thats good but the max is able to kill Targets at close, medium and sometimes even longer ranges, which would be fine if it's would not have so much Health. I know this has been mentioned before and since beta i just want to put it in here because this is about classes. Im definatly agreeing with a MAX rework that has been announced in the last dev twitch stream.

Most of ppl in this game are runniing around for kills and to get directives myself included but is this really the point? Should we not Play this game together to win? Is everyone now just running around with recursion stat tracker targeting a kdr 5+? Is this how the game is meant to be played?
    What would the game be without Regen? Without giant Magazin Size which you never run out of before you die?
    Would it be more depending on teammates? Answer is YES. Medics and Engis are now acutally NEEDED and it makes suadplay a lot more important. Which i think will help the game Overall. Attract more ppl makes ppl staying and not leaving.
  2. ColonelChingles

I think the new Battlefield 5 is (or was) attempting to encourage more teamplay through limiting mechanisms, some of which are similar to what you mention. Ammunition counts were drastically decreased (2 extra magazines per soldier) to encourage getting ammunition from other players. Under certain situations players would spawn in with less health and couldn't autoregenerate, meaning that they needed to find medics quickly.

Of course because every player wants to be a hero, there were lots of complaints and it seems these systems have been rolled back. That's probably the biggest barrier to teamplay... some of the players themselves want to be lone wolves.

But had they worked or if they were implemented in PS2, it would likely have achieved the goal of at least slightly more teamplay.
  3. Eternaloptimist

The smallish number of heat weapons do not make engie resupply useless yet (it is still my biggest source of income). There is also the repair (Max and vehicles), mines, auto turrets, mana turrets, deployables shields.... and sticky 'nades have a niches role.

Apart from all that I happen to find carbines the most versatile primary weapons, which is why I run engie main. But I do think that medkits should be more limited e.g. having heal over time rather than insta heal or maybe a lower limit than the four that can be carried atm. After all, he regen implant is now a thing...........
  4. Taris26

They also added the auto regen if you are defending a base. Which makes medic even less useful.
    so we have now:
    - 4 x medkits
    - 4 x regenkits
    - regen implant
    - auto regen in friendly territory
    and don't Forget there is an Special implant who can revive you if you got a lot of exp. (seen very rarely but i want to mention)

For getting ammo we have
    - ammo printer implant
    - overheat mechanic on vanu
    - generally lmg's have lots of ammo especially the harder hitting, considerung the amount of shots you Need to kill
    Yes the Engineer has lots of stuff but most of them is very situational. Let's be real here ammo resupply is really the main purpuse to take an engi with you besides repairing maxes. Though i have to say the made a great addition with depoyable shields, they really help defending a point. But it's is careful direction to give every class regen and ammo. Just want to point that out. Who knows whats coming next.
    Possible buff to the engi -> make archer secondary weapon like the rocket launcher on heavy and the rocket rifle on la.
    Then we basically would have 3 anti Vehicle infantry choices, which may seem not very different class setup if you go like that but the anti Vehicle weapon differ a lot from each other and the classes still have their main puruse. HA has Shield to tank extra damage, LA can fly which gives him good position and Intel, Engi has ammo resupply and can now also effectivly deal with vehicles, Medic heal and revive, Infiltrator hack terminals to get near spawnpoints and of corse give Intel to the Squad. Maxes should be used to enter a room. they can tank lots of damage but only should have melee weapons.
  5. Scroffel5

I like what you are saying. Every class is in the game for a reason. When I am ingame as another class other than infil (cuz I usually play infil), I understand how helpful an infil is. I am always calling out stuff like "Hey I need an infil to get some recon over here." One does, and I can see so much better. And its the same for every class. They are in the game for a reason, yet most people overlook them and try to solo it. In a squad, you should have at least one of every class in my opinion. That provides better variety, which can add to more possibilities for coordination. For instance:

Medic, you cover the flank.
    Infil, give us some eyes on the area.
    Heavy Assault, you get to front and help us push in.
    Engi, provide us ammo and backup from your turrets.
    Light Assault, get ontop of that building, spot em, and take em down.
    MAX Unit, cover us!
    We are going in. Throw the nades on point and stand back. If they detonate on impact, run across the door and throw it in.
    3, 2, 1, GO.
    Infil, sneak in and get them.
    MEDIC, MAN DOWN!
    LA, flank the other side and enter through their!
    Engi, we need some more ammo.
    HA, absorb some bullets and spray em down.

It works a whole lot better when you have everyone to fulfill their roles.