Some of us are still getting disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. JibbaJabba

Regarding the ICMP error. It has squat to do with anything. It's a symptom, not a cause.

Client is talking back and forth with the live server. UDP, stuff going both ways.
    Client gets in a few packets with a 2byte payload (00 1D ... The G29 error??? dunno). After one of the first ones the client appears to close down that UDP connection.
    When the subsequent packet arrives the client responds with the ICMP "Destination Unreachable, Port Unreachable" message.
  2. Mepps Sr. Community Manager

We are still working around the clock to resolve the disconnect issue. We expect to have another speculative fix out to test today, and as soon as we have a successful fix we will get it out to live.

We are deeply sorry for the issue and the delay.
  3. Damz49

Thanks for the message and the information.
  4. Lycan2

Bonsoir je confirme , certain peuvent jouer mais d'autres n'arrivent pas a resté connecté depuis la mise a jour d'halloween , et ca fais maintenant 24 heures que PS2 pour moi ne sert a rien comme a certain de mes gars ...
    Allez vous faire quelques choses rapidement ou pas ? sinon je pense que le temps de l'evenement va etre long pour beaucoup de joueurs.
    Amicalement
    Lycan2 (NC)
  5. Damz49

Lycan, moi et beaucoup beaucoup d'autres ça fait 12 jours que tout est en rade.

Mepps vient de dire à l'instant qu'ils espèrent sortir un nouveau patch dans la journée (à cause du décalage horaire pour nous).

Là non plus aucune certitude sur la résolution du soucis par ce futur patch, mais ils y travaillent.
  6. Atarax

@Mepps: Thank you to keep us informed about the situation. Good luck, we on this side can just waiting you're successful. (sorry for my english)

PS: Lycan2, essaye "Cordialement" plutôt que "Amicalement" je trouve personnellement que c'est plus adapté nan? ;) (sorry for my french)
  7. NeuroDamage

And me again:confused:!!!I can congratulate you! NOTHING CHANGED !! as latency the server was not shown and does not appear! ping was 60 became 100! how could you So break the game, that even the new patch themselves worsened it even more! HOW YOU DO IT! It was so difficult just to return everything as it was before ******* event:mad::confused:nobody needs your booster handouts! Return as it was and all the people are waiting for two weeks just to play with friends and not to wait for the departure from the game or for ping in 9999 .... PLEASE RETURN AS WAS TO Hallowen !!!
    • Up x 1
  8. NeuroDamage

9. Scroffel5

Ok guys stop it. Do not complain anymore about DBG and the disconnect thing. If you are still disconnecting or you are giving what you were doing before the disconnect or whatever else pertaining to the disconnect, post it, but if you scream at Daybreak about them not fixing it, they are trying their best! Do you really think they wouldn't try to fix their game? If they don't fix it, they lose players, and when they lose players, they lose MONEY!!! Now for my actual post:

I can connect now every time, but after I play for 30 minutes or so, the latency goes really high, then I disconnect. Everyone is still moving around, zig zagging, and shooting, but soon they stop and I disconnect. That's all the info I have to add.
  10. frogman4949

No people will continue to complain as they should this has been an absolute display of incompetence by dbg. I don't care how hard they are trying they should have restored the game to the hotfix on 9/11 once they realized this wasn't a simple problem. this pathetic company will never get another dollar from me. I have tried everything everyone has posted and i havent been able to play once in 13 days absolutely ********.
    • Up x 1
  11. Atarax

WE HAVE NEWS ON TWITTER!
    Please stay tuned to the @planetside2 twitter for an updates, we are deploying a fix to PTS right now. It would be great if you can check again after the patch deployment is completed.

I've just try to connect but there is no patch yet, I'm waiting :p.

Sadly I don't have a Twitter account and I don't want it...(and I have no phone). So, exept reporting bugs (in theory), I don't know how to provide my results to the devs . :p
  12. omygash

Thanks for the reply i will try again tomorrow and see if i can play i really miss my flash trolling gameplay ... And please if you got time restore dalton damage to esf like it was 2 years later (lol) thanks in advance Kappa
  13. XLAX

After 13 days of disconnect my problem is SOLVED:) I was finally able to get faster internet where I live today with download speed of 10 Mbps and upload of 5. My previous speed was only 2 Mbps down and .8 up. So I am thinking DBG new stuff does not like slow client speeds even though it worked for 4 years previously. Anyways that's my guess. Gtta go get some double XP woopee
  14. FulcrumDraft

You know... this could simply be DBG playing 'Trick or Treat' on their customers. Some get the double experience 'Treat'. The others? Weeeelllll.... :p
  15. omygash

OMFG WTF XLAX is a genius i switched to my phone 4g and it works now ... wtf db how many mb/s you need to launch this game seriously ? my home connexion is not bad at all ... now it works well ... your game need 45/10mb/s to launch really ? ...

and its not a ping problem on my home i have 50 and on my 4g i have 150 ...
  16. omygash

If anyone can twitter to db this "temporary" fix it could be cool, it works with more internet speed until they fix their broken game, it worked instantly after i switched to 4g ...
  17. XLAX

Well I guess I spoke too quick. It lets me connect alright but after 10 or 15 minutes it DISCONNECTS me
    Done been disconnected 4 times already. May have something to do with large amounts of players in one zone because it is laggy as all heck
  18. omygash

I cant even stay logged 2 min on my ADSL, i cant interact with terminals, cant speak in chat, cant move before 30-40 seconds after login, cant visit pause menu or map, cant redeploy, and on my 4g i tested i can do all these things but i didnt tested in battleground atm yes, but at least we can see with more mb/s its better. it can probably help db to fix

there is like 50 total people on my server atm i cant really test in a big fight ... lol lets do tmr
  19. Atarax

20. 0xdeadbabe

I just tried the latest update on the test server as well - it doesn't work..

13 days now.