Some of us are still getting disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Tr34

Is it worth the effort to unlock?
  2. CaparzoX

I hope they work. I have so much time playing, that it would be unfair that those who can not enter are left aside.
  3. Ge0mancer

The two times I've redirected to Paypal the game crashed later that session. Otherwise I've more or less been stable.

GeForce 1080
    32 Gigs of RAM
    i5 (ivy bridge or the gen after that)
  4. Mr. Thoughtful

Since it looks and acts like no other it's worth owning.
  5. XcachoX

6. 0xdeadbabe

Unable to play for 7 days
    • Up x 1
  7. Tr34

Tried playing with my 4G LTE connection, I can join the game without any problem.
    But I could play without any problem with my current network as well. I think they changed something about routing of servers and it
    causes problems to specific ISPs all over the world.
  8. XLAX

So I haven't been able to play for 7 days and went to support and put in a ticket after a couple days of not being able to play due to disconnects and this is their answer.

We have marked the requests regarding this issue as solved as we have been able to gather all the necessary information to troubleshoot this issue (thanks to your help). For further updates we ask that you monitor out twitter page as all future announcements regarding this issue will be announced there.

Please let us know if you have any other questions!
    Regards,
    Michael S.
    Daybreak Game

How is it solved if I still can't play? Just monitor twitter to see when "speculative fix" will be released in a patch with other updates that may or may not mess something else up! They must get paid by the number of tickets they close!
    • Up x 1
  9. Humusak

day 8 after patch - ticket is solved and i am disconnected
  10. Vanguard=skycancer

List of possible causes:
    * ISP's being broken
    * Something is wrong with the game
    * Daybreak has no idea and made it "worse"
    * I misread my calendar and it's April 1st
    * It's my computer
    * It's assets 114
    * The Vanu have returned
  11. CaparzoX

I must come to the conclusion that the patch will implement it until the end of the event ???????????????????????????
  12. Mr. Thoughtful

Well they said the event will be extended, so the patch should arrive before that.
  13. Ragnarock

Thanks for keeping us updated. I can't wait to get back to the game.
    • Up x 2
  14. Roxxlyy Community Relations

The ticket being "solved" simply means that it has been received and reviewed, and that there is nothing else customer service can do at this time. It doesn't mean that the bug itself has been fixed, it just means that CS has done all they can do while we wait for the patch with the actual fix to go out.
    • Up x 2
  15. AlltGarOFixa

Want to play but you get disconnected after 30 seconds?

This works for me every time:
    1. Start game and login with your character.
    2. Press "U" immediately and redeploy when you character is visible. YES! Nothing happen but it is OK! Relax!
    3. Press "M" and click on "Show World" and click VR Training. YES! Nothing happen but it is OK! Relax!
    4. Wait about 1-2 minutes, do nothing!
    5. After a while the World map began to be updated.
    6. Wait about 1-2 minutes again.
    7. Try to respawn now. If you see "black" world. Show world map (press "M") again and redeploy.
    8. Warp to Indar, Hossin or other world.
    9. Happy gaming!

I guess the game "freezes" or "bad lag", similar with bad network connection, some minutes and then it works 100%.
    • Up x 1
  16. Lusterburn

I appreciate players trying to help eachother with anecdotal workarounds. It's nice to see.
    Unfortunately, my DC happens right when I click LogIn after choosing my character.
    The faction song plays a time and a half and it just hard DCs.
    Still waiting to play.
  17. SmittyJensen

I have been doing this for a couple of days now and it has worked for me as well.. ahh well mostly. Sometimes when I 'J' key over to another battle, the Server latency shoots wayyyyyy up again and eventually disconnects me.

As a (non game) programmer, I am shocked this error made it to production. This is what happens when your company doesn't value Testing and QA. They could really use a dedicated QA lead to coordinate actual tests (even if using the end users as testers) and to communicate issues with the dev team.

Or, at the very least, incentivize end users playing on PTR a lot more and lengthening test cycles awhile also not bundling network or other potentially risky patches in with other things. Big patches mean big problems.
  18. Lusterburn

19. VeryCoolMiller

I'm just curious... are people that get disconnected running some bandwidth manager or other stuff to control the bandwidth of the pc with ps2 installed ?
  20. Damz49

Nothing special, Antivirus (tried to disable it) + windows firewall (tried to disable it too) + router default firewall.