Does Daybreak really doesnt care about hackers?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Licurici, Oct 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Licurici

hello community,

seeing lately lots of hackers and people yelling in chat hacker arround, i google it and the first response was this:
    wich is an active hacking/scripting forum, updated to the day i write this. this means u can get the hacks quite easy.

SO WTF Daybreak?
  2. Movoza

Wait a minute... you share cheat sites right here on the forum to decrease it? In addition, how can you know these things are working? Finally, as anti cheat, you don't want to curb every attempt right away. Some you let them put in the works, have cheaters put in the money and time for those cheats and ban them then. This prevents many cheaters from getting truly indefensible cheat codes and discourages other people from buying these programs.
    As an example; You see a bug appearing in certain situations that can be taken advantage of. You start building a cheat program. First it's rough, but you get it to work. You flesh it out and start selling it. Now the anti cheat program kicks in and bans all exploits. People are mad and you've wasted time as well as the money of people who bought it.
    Example 2. You find a bug and try to exploit it. Immediately you get a ban. You start on the next bug, and the next, being thwarted every step of the way untill suddenly you aren't. You've found something unprotected that can take a long time to find and fix for the developers.

In the second situation you have not many cheat programs, but they are effective, it's spreading quickly and takes time to patch it and ban people.

In the first situation you have many kinds of cheat programs, of which many are unreliable, can lead to unexpected bans and closing of the cheat software and wasting both time and money of cheaters. They run a higher risk and perceive unreliability. In total the active cheaters go down, as there are less people still trying as well as more people thwarted in cheating. So the cheating group will overall be smaller.

There will always be cheaters and cheats. Stuff like operating systems, which have years and years of security advances in place, are still regularly targeted and broken. If you think you can fix that in a game you're delusional, especially when many things have to be organised from clientside and not serverside.

Then what is effective? Cheat management. Let them know cheats are unreliable. Finding something isn't a holy grail that'll take months to patch, but might already have been fixed but left there to keep the cheating population fall for it again, ready to show the unreliability. The bug might even be reopened for this pupose.

TL: DR
    cheats will always be there. Best is management, showing it's unreliable. That way you can reduce the cheating population as much as possible.
  3. Eternaloptimist

I was killed through a spawn room window I was shooting out of a couple of days ago by someone using an SMG with unstable ammo. I guess my weapon or something could have been pointing through the shield although I was not perched on the window ledge or anything. Other than that, I haven't seen anything questionable (or blatant) on the EU servers for ages.

On the other hand, I get more accusations of being a cheat from planetmans I just killed than actual or probable cheats I have seen myself (no, I'm not a cheater, exploiter or hacker), usually it is someone who got head-shot at long range.

On the balance of probability there are cheaters or exploiters from time to time but the number of people who can only explain their failure or bad luck by "seeing" a cheat must lead to some exaggeration. I've even had people claim they have video evidence of my supposed aimbot hack or hit box hack!
  4. AtckAtck

I really don't know where you are getting at, if you did read a bit on the site YOU posted, you would clearly see that the last open hack release is from 2015 and has a big detected in the Title. All post after that are simply necros and kiddy requests.

There are currently no open and free hack in the wild.
    There are only private and maybe some paid hacks, but this is pure speculation as these sites are very reclusive to non-members.
    You ridicule yourself by posting a link to detected free hack from 2015...

There are however still a lot of exploits. Gamedata can still be modified and the detection mechanism can be fooled. This includes the no-limit engagemant radar for everthing and increased, decreased or misplaced hitboxes.

And the lagswitching is running wild, even without the server problems we currently have. It is just too easy.
    It takes two minutes to make a powershell script that cuts the connection or even modifies firewall rules on the fly.
    If they would finally implement a decent ping limit, this would be gone for good.
  5. Towie

Pretty much true - although you'll see very recent posts where people clearly understand the internal structures and are trying to 'assist' others in writing their own - private hacks are very likely.

Well it does look like there is one. However the majority old bulk-produced super hacks are pretty much dead, despite them reaching dizzying levels of sophistication.

Yes i'd agree with all of this. Cheaters gotta cheat after all. I'd say the majority of what else is possible can be stamped out with a little effort.
  6. ..:::FLASHBACK:::..

Send the site directly message to the support, maybe they will do to close it (usually they close these sites once reported).
  7. adamts01

We really, really need a ping limit, especially with Soltech up and running. At a bare minimum they could reduce all damage to zero on the client side when latency is above 250 or 300.
    • Up x 1
  8. Licurici

like i said in the title i saw players warping and use hacking these past days, maybe they use hack maybe they use some bug exploit dunno im not a programmer or anything close but in this thread:

if u go to the last pages u can see people adapt to changes as of october patch.

what im sayng is that i found that site very easy, i just google it "planetside 2 hacks" and its the 1st or 2nd result in google searches, wanted to see if its hard finiding anything related to cheating in ps2, it seems it is. Thats why im doing this thread for a headsup for daybreak.
  9. Roxxlyy Community Relations

One way to make sure cheats don't get spread is to not share them on the forums, so I've removed all links :)

That being said, we can't really control what other parties share on the internet unless we see it and pursue legal action. If you find something like this, please send it in to CS so that we can take a look at it and make sure we can work to prevent it from being used in the game.
    • Up x 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.