Let's share the specs to identify the cause of the disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by TheSunlikeOne, Oct 14, 2018.

1. TheSunlikeOne

Greetings. I'd like to start this thread to find the cause of the disconnects faster. Maybe even find the workaround. So...

I'm the one who gets disconnected every time. My specs are:
    - i7 2600
    - 8 GB DDR3 RAM
    - GTX 750ti
    - Windows 7 x64

My friend doesn't get disconnects. His specs are:
    - i5 7500
    - 16 GB DDR4 RAM
    - GTX 1060
    - Windows 10 x64

I've tried different methods to fix the problem myself, and reached the following conclusions:

1) Modified useroptions.ini (the file with settings) isn't the cause.
    2) Outdated Visual C++ isn't the cause.
    3) Outdated drivers isn't the cause.
    4) Run as administrator (for both launcher's and game's .exe files) won't help.
    5) Changing DNS servers won't help.
    6) The game disconnects with every server, even PTS.
    7) The server successfuly registers logging in (Recursion says "session started"), but any interactions between client and server is blocked (no hitmarkers, unable to interact with the teminals, can't see what's available in the depot, etc.)
    8) The account itself isn't the cause. I've tried to play with my friend's without any success.

Possible causes:
    1) BattlEye blocks all comms
    2) The game became incompatable with Win 7.
    3) Firewall settings block some ISPs.
    4) New anti-DDoS, maybe?

I hope some additional data would shed the light on the real cause.
  2. Magma52

Also getting the disconnects.
    My specs:

i7 8700k
    16GB DDR4 RAM
    GTX 980
    Windows 10 x64
    Nvidia version: 416.34

Which Nvidia driver is your friend using?
  3. Towie

I have total success with Windows 7 so it's not that - no disconnects whatsoever (played for two hours solid last night).

i5 2500k
    8GB
    GTX 1060
    Windows 7 x64
    Cobalt
    Based in UK

Maybe it's something else ? I have very high speed fibre - maybe people with slower connections or pings having issues ?

(Have to add that I was in the same full platoon for the period too so many others are not having any issues)
  4. HippoCryties

No disconnects
    AMD Ryzen 5 2500u with vega 8 graphics
    8 GB
    Windows 10
    Cobalt
    In UK too

Seems like a problem with the i7 CPU?
  5. tommyrocket

i5 4690k
    16 GB corsair vengeance 1600MHz
    GTX 750Ti
    Windows 7 x64
    NVidia Driver version: 411.63
    Connery, playing from west coast USA

No disconnects so far, but only played one time post-patch on the 12th.
  6. BattGuano

These disconnects have nothing, zero, to do with your hardware, internet provider, DNS, etc, etc, etc - this was caused by their october update and is strictly code related. Don't waste your time providing all this unnecessary information - you can see from just the few posts here that people are from all over with all different sorts of rigs. It's the software - please fix it daybreak!
  7. tommyrocket

According to Nick Silva on his twitter, the issue may fix itself. Unsure if he was serious about that, but maybe. Other than that, you may send in a ticket.
  8. BattGuano

I have a ticket in since thursday - and how in the world will it fix itself?
  9. tommyrocket

Not sure. My personal assumption was that he means to say their support team may come across an affected account and fix it for you at some random point in time, so it would just seem like it fixed itself. That's what I gathered from it, anyway.

At any rate, there's quite a bit of server latency issues going on right now. Being in-game right now may not yield the best experience even if you guys could play, so... yeah. Supposedly multiple servers affected, but I dunno all the details. I'm one of the lucky ones who doesn't get disconnected, but I feel for you guys. I can tell it must be frustrating.

-edit-in:
    An idea just popped into my head, as to a potential cause. Firstly, I don't know if these disconnects happened to players immediately after the first patch or not. If they only started happening after the hotfix after the big update, then I suppose it's possible that anyone online right before the hotfix (or forcefully disconnected for not logging out early) downtime happened might've been the ones affected. This is only a theory of course, and may be completely wrong. Just thought I'd share before I forgot.
  10. BattGuano

i managed to get in friday a couple of times and the latency and ping was just fine - i played a couple of hours but sure as heck, once i dropped out it was a chore to get back in. I must've closed and restarted the game a dozen times before i finally managed to warp to another planet and then could play. I need my PS2 fix!
  11. TheSunlikeOne

397.31/ Although I asked him to update it now to see if the results will differ, but nope - still can play. So the driver is not the cause/

This got me thinking. I had my cores unparked with Unpark-CPU utility. I just parked them again and... MIRACLE - I can play again after a small hickup.
    Maybe coincedence, but we'll see.

UPD: Restarted the game just to be sure. It was a coincedence - still disconnects.
  12. Beerbeerbeer

I would spare yourself the pain of trying to solve it on your end in my opinion. I’m fairly certain it’s on their end and database related.

These issues always seemingly crop up during major patch events. For example, the forthcoming Christmas/Winter event will likely have the same dang issues. This happened to me as well for a previous event.

Eventually, it will get fixed. I would just submit a ticket and keep trying to periodically log in.
  13. Atarax

Configuration:
    - CPU Intel I7 4770k not overcloaked (3.5Ghz)
    - RAM Gskill F3 1600C9D-16GXM (16Go)
    - GPU Geforce GTX 770 GV-N770OC 2GD (overclocked factory) (2Go)
    - Windows 7 integral edition 64bit (service pack 1)
    - Planetside 2 install folder not in C:/Programfiles but on other Hard disk.

Information ask by the support (not sensible informations):
    1. Who is your ISP? SFR (France)
    2. Make and model of the modem and router? Box NB6
    3. Are you at home/school/office? At home
    4. Type of connection (Wireless/Wired)? Wireless
    5. DSL, Cable or Fiber? DSL ADSL2+ (for you it's G.992.5)
    6. Do you have the game installed through Steam? Game installed not on STEAM (and in other install location too, on another internal hard Drive)
    7. What server do you play on? Servers I play are Miller, Cobalt, Emerald and PTS (same issue on the fourth servers)
    I tried:
    Restart my computer (normal).
    Updating Nvidia driver.
    Using a VPN.
    Changing my DNS (why not? XD).
    Delete some games files to reupload it (useroption.ini etc...).
    Not try to reinstall because it's boring!
    Try the administrator mode.
    try to change the compatibility mode to vista etc...
    And I think I forgot a lot of things but... nothing change :(

Starcraft 2, paladins are working for me, it's really an internal issue from daybreak, I'm totaly sure of this.

PS: I regret to not having reported the issue because I have notice it on the PTS since 2 weeks ago...
    (sry for my english)
  14. BattGuano

Hey DGB, just in case you haven't been told or whether it makes a difference but I can tell you that if you open the world map and choose a world to warp to, if that's the only thing you do and the timeout eventually occurs, the next time you go in game you are in the world that you tried to warp to previous to your disconnect. It certainly seems to be related to the time that the data is getting to the server. I've also read on the forums of many people complaining about LAG since the patch. While I don't have any issues with ping when logged in, this long time senior network engineer's LAN radar is pinging.
  15. CaptCran

Glad it's not the medical field, "Sir, the chest pain you've felt for the last couple hours will just go away." :eek:
  16. frozen north

No disconnects.

Configuartion:
    CPU: AMD FX-6300, 3.5 GHZ
    RAM: 8 GB.
    Graphics: GTX 1050Ti.

I am also running the game through steam, and using a wireless 50mbs internet connection.

However, I have noticed the occasional massive spike in server latency when I play. The issue is almost guaranteed to be rooted in the server or client code at this point. Personal systems should only at most have a minimal impact on the likelihood of disconnects.
  17. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're still investigating. It seems like things are a bit of a mixed bag as to who is and who is not being disconnected. The reports and details from players have been incredibly helpful though, so thank you!
  18. CaparzoX

My God, the apocalypse for many of us has arrived.
  19. XLAX

"Glad it's not the medical field, "Sir, the chest pain you've felt for the last couple hours will just go away." :eek:"

Now that's funny. I also haven't been able to play since Thursday after the Halloween update. None of the hotfixes have worked for me either. Have tried someones suggestion of not moving and try to redeloy over and over to no avail. Put in a ticket and replied with the info they wanted. This is the longest time with not being able to play in the last 4 years that I have been playing. Hope they get it fixed pretty soon.
  20. BattGuano

yeah, the redeploy is the trick - every once in a while if you are ever able to redeploy you're good after that but hitting that spot where it actually works is pure luck - i'm with you, i want to PLAY!