[BUG] Lancer Still doing 3-5X more damage to aircraft than other AV launchers

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Trebb, Oct 12, 2018.

1. Trebb

Can we please find and move that errant decimal place that lets the Lancer do absurd damage to all aircraft? It's currently doing almost double damage compared to other launchers, sometimes more than that, especially to libs/gals. I mean it's almost hitscan speed, you don't get to use skill to avoid it in large aircraft.
  2. asmodraxus

And yet the striker generates more kills?
    • Up x 3
  3. FateJH

It's probably not an errant decimal point. The resistances for the Infantry Rocket Launchers group, of which Lancer is now a member, against air targets are -225%, -70%, -40%, -40% for ESF's, Liberators, Galaxies, Valkyrie's, respectively. In real multipliers, that's 3.25x, 1.70x, and 1.4x (unless resistance multipliers no longer use a 1 - (x / 100) calculation).

A Charge 3 Lancer shot should do 2275@150m and 1137@300m against ESF's. The default ML-7 should do 2356@all ranges against ESF's.
    • Up x 1
  4. Blam320

If you're going to nerf the Lancer (again), I expect some sort of compensatory buff. Maybe get some of our projectile speed back? Maybe let us rapid-fire several uncharged shots so we're not helpless in close range?
  5. NXR1

Can we remove the anti armor modifer on the phoenix that lets it 2 shot an MBT? Oh right you dont want balance you want an easy win so only nerf the other guys thing.

You realize after the nerf the lancer is complete trash and has a laughably slow speed, at one time it was nearly hitscan but that changed years ago so if you're getting hit by it that is entirely a matter of your inability to fly.
  6. Sazukata

The Phoenix deals the listed direct damage (875) to TR/VS MBTs (5000 HP) and obviously requires more than 2 shots to kill.

At least try to be informed.
  7. frozen north

Because it's supposed to. All aircraft have a massive vulnerability against AV infantry rockets. Libs have a -70% resistance, and the galaxy has a -40% resistance. Lancer does up to 700 direct damage.

Lock on launchers deal damage to air not with their impact damage, but their splash damage. The resistance against flak detonation is actually worse ( -75% and -50% respectively), but the initial per shot damage is much lower. For example, the ASP-30 grounder only deals 400 base flak damage. So 700 total to a liberator, and 600 to a galaxy.

Conversely, the lancer will deal up to 1190 to a liberator, and 980 to a galaxy. That it's absolute maximums. Which means it actually isn't performing as crazy highly as you think.
  8. Thardus

*Cries in Nerfed Lancer.*
  9. ridicOne

That one flew right over your head...
  10. Trigga

[IMG]
    • Up x 2
  11. Sazukata

If a ball was thrown way off course, you can't blame me for not catching it. ;)

But go on, explain what I apparently missed.
  12. ridicOne

And it gets better and better...
  13. Sazukata

Now you're just being mean. :p