Some of us are still getting disconnects.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Alexander Chadwick, Oct 11, 2018.

1. Mr. Thoughtful

Still a problem for me also on Cobalt.
  2. Mr. Thoughtful

Alright i'll check it out, thanks.
  3. Magma52

I don't understand this "fix". I am already on Koltry every time I log in, so I have nowhere to warp to. So then what?
  4. Mr. Thoughtful

Doesn't work. I could see the Store depot and chat box texts, but terminals still didn't work and i still got disconnected.
  5. BattGuano

if you spawn on koltyr try either redploy or instant action - i think the trick is not to move your character, not sure, but i was able to stay connected by not moving and eventually i was able to redeploy or instant action
  6. SashsaACIII

Yes it works !!!

...N7® .
  7. Ragnarock

Except I'm already on there, so how does this help me again?
  8. Kristan

Didn't work for me. Probably because I logged already at Koltyr. Doesn't allow to teleport to VR as well.
  9. BattGuano

back to the same thing now - i think it's just totally random - doesn't matter if you move or not, you have about 30 seconds - what i've found is that if the world map actually shows players fighting on whatever world then if you can redeploy to VR or wherever, once you do that then you can join. If you pull up the world map and all the locations don't show any players then you're screwed and you'll have to retry. I played for about 2 hours and when i tried to get back in nada - i kept trying and eventually it worked so it's luck of the draw.
  10. Zizoubaba

Basically, (I guess its too late by now cause its fixed), but for future reference, when you log in, you need to change continent ASAP. If you do so before being disconnected, then (in my experience) you won't get disconnected.

KOLTYR is a great solution cause there won't be a queue to go there, but more importantly (this is speculation) whatever process is managing the continents, if it's overloaded, you want to avoid it until the whole game manages to load, including confirm connection etc.

Once you've "survived" for more than 1 minute without being disconnected, it's probably safe to say that you're good to go and you can try warping to the main continent(s).

It doesn't matter if you can't use terminals, or some map options, what matters is that you don't disconnect long enough before finally warping to where you want to play. (if warping buttons don't work on map, try using "redeploy" button)
  11. Perks

same happening here. I've logged in so many times and keep getting disconnected. no matter what i try, i still get disconnected
  12. Bekar

True, still unplayable cause of dc's
  13. CHANCELLOR MARTOK

Well here we are again, some stupid update and bam back to 30 second disconnects. Let me guess you dont know why how bout rool the damn thing back to before todays fix. Really sick and tired of trying to enjoy this game and the devs seems to take great pleasure in screwing it up.
  14. ReGris

Same.
    Can't play.
    I'm from Emerald.
  15. 33fanatik33

16. 33fanatik33

Your way seems to work.
  17. Bekar

And btw guys , check player site. No friends on a list and everybody in outfit shows online
  18. Lord-General Creed

So I have three characters on Emerald, all three can spawn in and I see people moving, but I cannot redeploy, interact with any terminals, or alter my loadout.
    I managed to unbreak it at least for my NC profile by jumping around until everything committed heresy and caught up, but this is some kind of netcode problem that NEEDS a proper, not class-dependent fix. I don't know if my main profile, my TR medic, is gonna be able to unbreak the problem
  19. Trigga

Try warping to VR instead
    • Up x 1
  20. Mr. Thoughtful

*Don't move your character until it's safe. Mouse movement can begin on the map, not before(Be safe!)

1. Your character logs in.
    2. Press the redeploy key and let it count down.
    3. Bring up the map with your default key and select world map.
    4. Press WARP on Koltyr one time. Wait like 5 seconds and do it again. And again.
    After that just do 3 quick clicks on Koltyr WARP about every 10 seconds or so.
    5. It took me over 1 minute for redeploy to work and then i had to go to world map and again press on Koltyr WARP and this time it goes through with just 1 click and i'm there. Then for the final time i choose WARP from world map on Indar, which was open for me at the time.

*Getting through to Koltyr is an absolute must, even if your chat box and messages and anything else starts to function. You MUST use the WARP!

So yeah it does work. It's as if something to do with latency issues. I saw latency was like 226633785 (not entirely accurate, but it was more than six figures.)

It's a bandaid and for the moment it works.

So big thanks to you BattGuano!