Hunter-QCX with explosive bolt is a "better Archer" -- if you intend to hunt Harassers.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gustavo M, Oct 9, 2018.

1. Gustavo M

You can even considerably reduce a lighting hp if you get all 4 bolts on its back! Hell, you can even -KILL- a Harasser if you get the help of a few pubs shooting at it while at the same time you pop your bolts on it. "Harasser mains" like to roadkill; just bait em into hitting a wall, and when they do... you start shooting w/ it. Worst case scenario, you'll hit it twice, leaving it with a little over 60% hp left while it runs away.
    Why I'm saying this? Because **** harassers.
    So if you were looking for a reason to unlock sidearm primaries... now you have it. Double explo. bolts Hunter-QCX w/ Deci HA squad anyone? ;)
  2. Trephanation

Yeah, it’s absolutely ridiculous. I tell everyone about it but nobody believes me. It takes 6 shots to take out a harasser (didnt check which side armor, just from observations from playing. And you can 1v1 lightnings with it if you have some cover, switch back and forth from a launcher, and run Response Jacket. It’s very OP.
  3. adamts01

I really wish they showed better descriptions for damage. I've been lugging around an Archer on my Engi for anti-Max duty, but I hate getting stuck with a shotgun secondary. I still don't know if I'm better off with the Commissioner or Baron. I need to see how the crossbow does against Maxes and maybe go back to my beloved NS11-C. I also wish TR had better carbines. I'd kill for a GD7-F. I'd kill for most NC guns actually.

Fun Fact: I started on NC around 2 years ago because I heard everywhere that they were hard mode. When I was in a drunk division platoon and the lead asked for a bunch of Lightnings, I had a little forethought and pulled a lone ammo bus. I got TKd for that and deleted my NC account. VS was crushing the server, so that wasn't an option, so I mained TR.
  4. adamts01

I love Response Jacket. I think you and I are the only two. It's my go to for monster fights and point holds.
  5. Trigga

All sides will be the same, including the front.
    Harasser doesnt have directional armour.
    (well it does actualy, but its just the same % all around)
  6. Sazukata

Someone learned my secret! You better bet I'm also a fan of explosive bolts. So much utility.
    -Pretty dang good against rear or even side armor on tanks at close range
    -Lets you solo a sundy if you're a medic or engineer with C4
    -Saves you a c4 on abandoned/unaware tanks by putting in 4 rear hits first

That said, the Archer is still pretty good against Harassers, especially outside of dumbfire range.

It's an 8 shot kill vs MAXs (by default). Still an okay peek weapon if they have ordnance armor and are paying attention to you, but chaining headshots with your primary gets more DPS if you have the opportunity.

For anti-infantry: Compared to the Archer, the explosive crossbow deals more damage but has much much less applicable range. I can probably count on two hands the amount of times I've successfully used it as a backup sidearm since it has a ~1s equip time and notable travel time even in CQC. It does a ton of damage (2 shot kill), it's just a matter of making it connect. Some utility includes dealing 90% damage on spitfires and pressuring an enemy out of thin cover (splash is small but strong).
  7. SixNineFour

Does pretty heavy damage to ESF and considerable damage to liberators and Valkyres as well

Good for clearing mines or detonating them under enemies as well with splash damage.

Stalker Infiltrator with explosive Xbow and Renegade Wraith Flash is actually my go to when I wanna hunt harassers.
    You can get the harasser down to about half hp with the flash shotgun quite easily and when they turn to retaliate you can easily finish them off with xbow as they go for the flash.
  8. Sazukata

^ Ah yes, forgot to mention it does about 25% damage to ESFs. Worth it if they get close enough.
  9. JibbaJabba

Harasser drivers should carry one.

When a dual ends in a "loss" your opponent is going to be: 1. Nearby. 2. Hurt. 3. Tempted to try to charge the guy that just bailed from his opponent harasser.

The explosive bolt is an awesome finisher.
  10. Doc Jim

Yup, explosive bolts seem to have higher DPS than the Archer on certain targets. But for plinking at Harassers when they're outside the effective range of the bolts, I'll still take the Archer.