[Suggestion] Esamir needs a serious rework.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Luicanus, Oct 4, 2018.

1. grazr

I agree with your assessment of Indar, i just think a balanced variation of terrain would prevent the need to re-haul the AA system. I didn't mean to imply open skies is universally good. Simply that it was balanced as far as G>A and A>G is concerned and thus not a power grievance. A liberator will almost always beat a skygaurd, most lock-on's have atrocious max distance and flak requires a lot of leading. Taking out aircraft is about as hard, i find, as taking out ground with it. With the exception of some really annoying ace ESF pilots or the TR explosive round nose gun i don't really "feel" the grievance unless the issue is simply getting focus fired (which is a universal threat) or that air pilots refuse to adapt their loadout for a given situation or threat (most pilots swear by fire suppression and refuse to take flares/radar dep). ESF and liberators also have the capacity to out-run missiles given they react to them quick enough. So i'm not really sure air have that much of a hard time.

My only real issue as an ESF on Esamir as far as cover is concerned is getting spotted by other ESF from quarter of the map away and having them b-line for me while i target fire someone else. Mostly because i main NC and the Reaver is shocking at dog fighting without the initiative.

But really that's just how i feel as a casual, playing casually. It could be more problematic the more coordinated a fight becomes.