FFS, Nerf The Vulcan Already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BamaRage, Sep 23, 2018.

1. adamts01

NC happens to be my favorite faction. I just call bull **** where I see it.
  2. VeryCoolMiller

mjonir is crap at AI , this is sure.

But in real game vulcan is crap vs infantry. Bullet speed is extremely slow.
  3. Campagne

Doing so would have likely only lengthened the TTK. Especially so when the fact that the Mjolnir blooms mid-burst is taken into consideration.
  4. Rydenan

Does the burst spread change? I would imagine it works like a shotgun, where the CoF affects a centerpoint, and then the shots are spread around that centerpoint. Either way, it's very unclear to the average player.
  5. LodeTria

It works much like saron, with an expanding CoF the more it shoots. You can see the reticle expand even in the video as you hold the trigger, and settle back once it stops shooting.
  6. grazr

When the Vulcan was first released as an AV weapon it was killing more infantry than anti-infantry weapons. It was so powerful across the board that the TR population boomed as people left the other factions and they [TR] won pretty much every alert for months. It was a certifiable joke that was made only more offensive by how long it took to get resolved. The first nerfs came 3 months after release, but the weapon wasn't anywhere close to being reasonable for another 2 years. Long story short, be thankful it is where it is now because as far as weapons go this one nearly single handedly killed the game in 2013.
    • Up x 1
  7. VeryCoolMiller

and indeed they nerfed it to the ground his accuracy, bullet speed and dmg speed... you are talking about something that has 0 relevance with the current weapon.

Sorry but this isn't true. Vulcan was fine until the release of the harrasser, when they had to create specific weapons for harrasser bcs the harrasser with a mbt top gun was simply too strong. Anyway you are talking about ages ago. When the vulcan was op magrider had the an op super sniper saron with 0 bullet drop hitscan and crazy dmg... liberators were tanky as ****, max aa were scary as well and vaguard had the I-win button shield with no weak points.

In the current meta Vulcan is strong vs armored vehicles , is crap vs air and infantry. You can try and realize how bad it is... or continue to complain without real arguments. Aphelion is way better vs infantry, canister too.
  8. Campagne

You'd be surprised, especially given the history of both weapons. :p

But honestly I think I would prefer the Vulcan against infantry over the Canister.
  9. VeryCoolMiller

Canister is the equivalent of vulcan and saron. At release there was only 1 faction specific weapon for mbt: vulcan canister saron. Anyway watch your language... you are not supposed to insult someone with a different point of view.
  10. JibbaJabba

Just wanted to point out. I think what he was saying is that he was USING hyperbole in stating the two were equal just to highlight that the Vulcan is indeed good at infantry. If the speaker knows the listener wont be accidentally deceived then they can safely use a misrepresentation in the form of hyperbole to illustrate a point.

Anywhoo, carry on. Didn't want anyone to bicker on accident. :p
    • Up x 1
  11. That_One_Kane_Guy

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  12. Trigga

The game released with an ES AI top gun, an ES AV top gun, and the NS trimmings.

Canister - PPA - Marauder
    ^Those were the AI weapons available to the tanks on release.

Enforcer - Saron - Vulcan
    ^Those were the AV weapons available to the tanks on release.

The critique to this was that the Enforcer and Saron were longer ranged weapons, while the Vulcan was a close range weapon.
    To remedy this the developers introduced:
    Mjolnir - Aphelion - Gatekeeper
    This gave NC and VS a close ranged weapon with similar characteristics as the Vulcan, while also giving the TR a long ranged weapon that better meshed with lockdown.

So the weapon catergories now are:
    AI Weapons:
    Canister - PPA - Marauder
    Short Range AV:
    Mjolnir - Aphelion - Vulcan
    Long Range AV:
    Enforcer - Saron - Gatekeeper
    • Up x 1
  13. VeryCoolMiller

you are right... confused the enforcer with the canister .
  14. grazr

...It's supposed to be; and the canister is an AI weapon so it's supposed to be better at AI. Why are you complaining about an AI weapon being better at AI than an AP weapon?

edit: I see you later realised you meant Enforcer. Also that you should be comparing like for like.
  15. VeryCoolMiller

I'm not complaining. I'm fine with the current balance.