Clientside: Bullets don't connect!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Crash Bandicoot, Oct 6, 2018.

1. Crash Bandicoot

I've been playing in Cobalt today and while I was using my trusty Tsar, I noticed that many of my shots would not hit the target when they should've. At first, I thought that I was just missing these shots, but as time went by I knew it wasn't me. I was assured that it was not me when I was shooting enemies point-blank not only with Tsar but also with my Pilot pistol and Jackal.

Also, I was being killed a lot behind walls, but that is not rare in PS2.

As for my connection, it was completely fine.

This is a vital problem for the game and I had to address it because it is very frustrating when it happens.
    • Up x 2
  2. HippoCryties

The game has a lot of problems with connectivity right now, especially on Cobalt. If you’ve got a spare character slot I’d recommend making a character on emerald , sure ping is higher but it’s much more consistent.
  3. Towie

Same here - very weird, I put tons of Tengu shots into someone at close range who killed me without taking any damage at all. Strange indeed.
  4. OneShadowWarrior

I’ve actually noticed that on Connery Server as well, the shots don’t register in big fights or when there is lots of movement in small fights.

High rate of fire weapons also really feel the sting in the big Zerg fights, many of the shots are not registering and in worst cases you don’t even know your being hit.

I have also noticed this with sound as well where my weapon goes silent or my opponents weapon can’t be heard.

I want to say server lag, latency and bad connections.
    • Up x 1
  5. AlcyoneSerene

I get this on Emerald as well, and it's the closest server, and I have good stable ping.

Some players always tank way more than average, all of their actions are as in fast-forward mode, they even move-teleport around fast, you can't see their incoming damage (a stalker with an SMG walks up a staircase, while firing at him, he pauses looks, 1 headshot register, drop dead).

Planetside2 would have been a great game, sadly in a few recurring cases it's Clientside2.
  6. adamts01

Exact same thing. Guys are taking half a mag to the face and the kill screen shows them at full or close to full health. The sound problem lasts till I restart the game. It's like only 2 or 4 sound sources work at a time. It sucks when there's 45 minutes left of an alert and you have to finish without sound because if you restart you can't get back in.

On a side note, now that I know you're on Connery I'll start watching out for friendly fire my spawn beacons.

On a side side note. You can turn off particles which will hide that flare from beacons if they bother you that much.
  7. grazr

Oh man, i'm not glad this is happening to you, but glad i'm no the only one. I was literally about to post a thread about any settings that could be adjusted to improve performance because it is becoming a common experience running into another player, dropping half a clip into their chest, getting killed by 2-4 enemy rounds in less than a second and seeing the enemy player only took 50% damage to their shields.

In fact just an hour ago i was playing and dropped 5 mauler rounds into another players chest at about 10m and i didn't even drop their shields.

Also playing Cobalt.
  8. The Shady Engineer

Long sessions make hit registration even worse. Try doing a full client restart every hour and a half or so. Won't solve it completely but it sure will help.