Connery vs pop

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by VSSSSSSSSFTW, Sep 26, 2018.

1. VSSSSSSSSFTW

2. Trigga

Any chance you could provide:
    1. the global population numbers
    2. whether this was the main or off continent
    3. time of day (prime time or dead of night)
    Without context this is just a colourful picture.
    • Up x 3
  3. VSSSSSSSSFTW

Peak hours range from 25-28% but most of the time it's at 25% during peak and 17%-22% during off peak.
  4. Efraim

quite a few moved off Connery to Emerald, they were tired of the cheaters
  5. Towie

You can check populations on all continents here - https://ps2.fisu.pw/population/?world=1

So for peak last night:

NC: 308 players, 41% pop
    TR: 300 players, 40% pop
    VS: 140 players, 19% pop

...which seems to be quite common. I guess it isn't just a colourful picture.

The two major issues of population imbalance and double-teaming have been reported time and time again.
  6. VSSSSSSSSFTW

[IMG]
    • Up x 1
  7. strikearrow

This is what happens when cheaters are allowed to run free on a server - people quit the game. The post above shows the only continent unlocked at about 12 noon US CT time. Connery is rapidly going the way of Briggs - in fact we might as well combine the two servers.
    • Up x 1
  8. strikearrow

I just checked Briggs and the pop is more balanced, but only about 35 people playing at all.
  9. adamts01

TR and NC are just as tired of the cheaters.

The real problem with VS is that their Korean outfit FPSK fell apart. They were absolutely carrying that faction for quite a long time. Combine that with the absolute air superiority VS enjoyed for years, and it's no longer the easy button faction. The population drop is mostly the people who left once VS was no longer an easy ride, and it looks like they moved to NC.
    • Up x 5
  10. frozen north

Yeah, this is true.
    • Up x 1
  11. Blam320

I can equally blame some of the bigger outfits (TWC2 is an outstanding example) for actively maintaining a "we go where the farm goes" mentality that encourages blindly zerging a single lattice and redeploying across the continent when so much as a little stiff resistance comes up. Both kept players from truly learning the game and improving themselves.
    • Up x 2
  12. Cyropaedia

FPSK (formerly VTGne1, now JackNeo) now plays on NC. DonAlfrago seems semi-retired/casual.

I feel like VS Connery represents a pattern that could mirror the eventual collapse of the game. Key outfits or people going casual or losing interest. Not to be alarmist, but it is strange on how fast things have changed.

I also have a theory that quite a bit of VS Connery players may be pursuing educations and careers. Education is evident with the faction's strategic and tactical edge when at full strength. :p
    • Up x 1
  13. adamts01

It looks more like talent has shifted. Either that or the Chinese on TR and NC have really stepped up. Either way, I still think the majority of pop loss on VS is from people leaving for greener pastures after they lost their easy ride.
    • Up x 3
  14. Cyropaedia

The problem with the "easy ride" statement is people often complain about the VS inventory being inherently easy (no bullet drop, hitscan, whatever). If just playing VS is easy, then the faction should sustain population. So our statements proves that it is more about organization or key people* (air superiority with DonAlfrago or shock troops with VTGne1) than it is about the faction's inventory or traits.

*Even Rumbletough is on infrequently.
    • Up x 3
  15. strikearrow

As much as TWC2 zergs, there leader Morris just led the 25% VS cont. pop to lock Amerish during Friday night prime time. Winning an alert with 25% pop is no mean feat.
  16. adamts01

100% agree.
  17. Blam320

The problem with that is they probably steamrolled several bases uncontested. One of two things usually happens: NC and TR focus each other while VS steals territory from them uncontested, or NC and TR relentlessly focus Vanu while not bothering to actually push their shared front.
  18. strikearrow

The TR was ahead until the last 2mins xD, but he moved the pop. around 3x in those 2mins and took enough to win by 1pt.
  19. Blam320

2 minutes is too short to capture any base. Captures were probably initiated, but not completed.
  20. ridicOne

Biolabs can be capped in 2 mins and Amp stations with 3 points.