Servers are annoying

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sneakles, Oct 3, 2018.

1. Sneakles

Last night I had no trouble hitting at all this night I couldnt hit anything. And I got kill around corners and cover like never before way behind those corners and cover. Nope not my pc.

This is a server issue, last night my ping was 20 better than tonight, but that shouldnt make a huge difference. It could be that DBG has some odd login servers that are bad and I got a bad slot.

But this needs to be fixed I had no fun no change this night.
  2. AlcyoneSerene

Creating a game of this scale and then failing to account for the effects of ping differences, cheaters who exploit stuff with packet loss, etc., is really strange.

I'm also getting really fed up with going against players that insta-jib you when popping around a corner since they see you before you see them, and their actions on your own screen take place many milliseconds behind when they initiated them.

It is playing in the past. To call Planetside2 competitive is like calling a sparring match fair when one of the fighters is blindfolded.
  3. JDS999

yeah i think some are using some type of lag cheat... but servers maybe are lagging too. i just started hacking turrets again with special implant..... 4 times yesterday i hacked them the guy popped out and killed me before he even rendered on my screen. i stopped hacking them because after that it wasnt even fun.... and even when i know a guy is coming around a corner i lay suppressive fire and the hits still dont register.