[BUG] Aurax does not mean 1160 kills?????

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BamaRage, Oct 3, 2018.

1. BamaRage

Until I hit 1160 kills the number to next medal is correct but once I reach 1160 it changes. It does this with every weapon I aurax....Any ideas?

2. Campagne

Apparently it has to do with the number of shots fired compared to the kills, or something. At least, that's what I've been told.

Had the exact same issue with the Gladius too. Had to go twenty kills over. :confused:

I don't think there is anything to do about it but keep killing. Made it most of the way, the end it near at least.
  3. csvfr

Might also have something to do with vehicle / item kills not counting as human kills, the latter being the only one counting towards auraxium medal.
  4. BamaRage

Well its happened to me with every single weapon I aurax. Do not know but it doesn't seam right.
  5. ObiVanuKenobi

Never happened to me and i have auraxed 50+ weapons across all of my characters.
    Hard to say what causes this bug but it's not the 1st time i hear about it.
  6. Oleker2

If i remember correctly, some instances don't count to the aurax, but still count as a kill on the weapon chart, stuff like killing a vehicle (last hit on a flash/harrasser with people in it), maxes some times don't count too... That's DBG programming noodles instead of a game. :D
  7. BamaRage

I dint buy it cause there is no way I killed 3 vehicles with the gladius let alone 38
  8. TheSunlikeOne

Look at this in another way: You'll aurax the weapon when you'll get 116 Ribbons. In the video it clearly shows that you have 112. My guess is that those few "pseudo-kills" come from the destruction of deployables that don't go towards auraxing the weapon.
    • Up x 2
  9. BamaRage

as far as I know deploy-able destruction dont register as player kills. Its a bug already.....
  10. BamaRage

Can you Aurax a weapon with 1155 kills? 919 + 236 = 1155. But I assure you when I hit 1155 it will not Aurax but the numbers will change just like when other weapons hit 1160 the numbers to next metal will reset and be 15 to 50 more kills required. Now I have killed a few BB turrets with this weapon but no vehicles. And I wonder how it is now showing I need less than 1160 to Aurax?

[IMG]
  11. JibbaJabba

For some reason I had 1180 in my mind.

Anywhoo. I've never noticed if this happens or not. I'm usually gleefully just shooting faces and only notice later that I got the medal.

At least its always just like 10-30 kills more, not much. That might have been a lot of kills when you started but it's just a quarter session of playtime by the time you're near Aurax.
  12. Luicanus

This happens a lot, the number of kills on some weapons is displayed differently in different places. As a general rule, I take the number shown by the ribbons as gospel as it's the one that counts for Auraxium.

My MANA Infantry turret was recently showing 517 Kills but 519 Ribbon Kills.

What they should do is just sync them all to the Ribbon stat. No one cares if the stat is a little out so long as it's not obviously got errors because it displays differently from location to location.

EDIT: I may have misread the original post so feel free to disregard my comment.
  13. Luicanus

Vehicles do count towards the Ribbon Kills though so they shouldn't be an issue even if you did. I honestly don't know why it happens but you'll find a lot of weapons end up a smidgen out one way or the other. The best option I can offer is to shrug and carry on.
  14. BamaRage

Agree, but I contacted support and to be honest the answer I got was nonsensical at best. So while it irritates me especially seeing as the Gladius sucks so bad after the nerf. But I already had 900 kills so I went on and have now killed the additional 38 and auraxed the weapon never to use it again!
  15. NXR1

If you shoot someone and they die of fall damage it counts as a kill but not towards Aurax, there are other cases of a natural death counting as kills but not Aurax but falling is the most common for me.
    • Up x 1