FFS, Nerf The Vulcan Already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BamaRage, Sep 23, 2018.

1. JibbaJabba

On topic:
    There is a good discussion on reddit where data is provided that shows the Vulcan outperforming the other faction weapons by an almost game breaking amount. It's clear as day.

Dev listened. The upcoming patch is going to nerf the max and min range on it while keeping spread and base damage the same.

It will still be a deadly weapon but it will be higher risk now.
  2. Daigons

The question was for the OP. When I reviewed the OP's public record for today's game play, I didn't see anything that would support their argument of the Vulcan's current state of having any impact on their game session. Where is the OP getting their data to support this post? By the tone of this post and replies, I was expecting to see 15%-30% death rate caused by the Vulcan but we're only seeing a 1% death rate.
  3. HippoCryties

“Into the real world” haha I’ve got 3k hours on this game I think I’ve seen enough of it. But I haven’t tanked in around 2 years which is before CAI. So I’m probs wrong xD
  4. VeryCoolMiller

c
    can you link it ?
  5. BamaRage

Lol, wow. What I have been doing today has nothing to do with the fact the Vulcan is OP as F****. But thanks for your input....
  6. BamaRage

You assume to much. Oh and my game play activities change often so one small slice tells you little...
  7. Armcross

Vulcan got already Nurfed alot. they even give other faction their own version. Maybe us as TR players are OP and not the tools we have.
    • Up x 1
  8. iller

Vulcan has less instant on-demand Burst Damage than Skyfall ... I fail to see how this is such a Priority when it's already been Nerfed before
  9. BamaRage

It has been shown to be so brokenly OP that the devs have agreed to nerf it so I understand. So yea, you would be wrong if that is true....
  10. Trigga

Yes unfortunately the rule of thumb for vehicle v vehicle after CAI is:
    • Everything takes longer to kill
    Thats pretty much all the update did, apparantly fights are more enjoyable when they last longer or something reasoned by the devs.

I suppose this thread is proof it wasnt enough, people really wont be happy till we are pillow fighting.
    The nerf circle continues...
  11. BamaRage

12. BamaRage

• Up x 2
  13. HippoCryties

And will continue till the game dies xD
  14. Kcalehc

Something is being done. Just wait longer...
    • Up x 1
  15. JibbaJabba

His death rate by one gun vs another has nothing at all to do with the gun being OP or not. One kill from said weapon could mean:
    1. It's UP as heck and that's why it only killed once.
    2. It's OP as heck and the player hid indoors

It's useless information. Completely irrelevant. Means nothing. (repeat in lots of ways.... )

This is an attempt to make this about the OP (the person) rather than the OP (the post).

Also as mentioned: There IS consensus that it's OP. Dev has agreed and is making a change to it in the upcoming patch. We'll see how things are after that.
    • Up x 4
  16. Armcross

17. BamaRage

Try the Boom Box against a vulcan and get back to me....
  18. Rydenan

My main problem with the Vulcan is that it's as effective as the Mjolnir at AV, while also being nearly as effective at AI as the Kobalt (at least it feels that way on the receiving end.) The Mjolnir makes up for its AV damage by being completely useless against infantry, but the Vulcan has no such trade-off? How is that balanced?
    And that's not even taking into account Vulcan's point-n-click simplicity of use and its ability to deliver consistent damage in bursts of any interval. By comparison, the Mjolnir is one of the most difficult AV weapons to use, with its huge drop and massive RNG spread, and it fires in 4-round bursts, meaning it's easier to lose effective DPS if, for example, the target drives behind cover.
    • Up x 1
  19. adamts01

Not even close. It's better than the MJ, at everything, but it doesn't hold a candle to the Kobalt when killing infantry.
    • Up x 3
  20. Rydenan

Hyperbole to illustrate how it is far, far, far too good at killing infantry. As an infantryman, the TTK is so fast that it's usually impossible to make it to cover even a few feet away before I'm dead.