Harassers are overpowered.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by karlooo, Sep 10, 2018.

1. Pacster3

The halbert is not just a jack of all trades...it OHKs infantry(doesn't get better than that!) and has similar damage to vehicles as other guns...and a better range than some. A jack of all trades is clearly worse than others but can fight against everything.
    You mostly see Basilisks cause they are stock and the other guns are VERY niche(and you still need to invest like 3k certs to make them even viable). If you could place a Saron on a sunderer then there would be no Basilisks left...at least not for players above BR100.
    Some versatile guns in this game need to be way weaker than they currently are...so the niche guns can actually shine. A Ranger is great vs air...but I still go with a Walker on my ant becauce that at least leaves me a chance to fight infantry and other vehicles...and it is still good enough to scare air away. But that is the only situation where I go for versatility...cause I do not know what I hit on and cause I'm not actively searching for a fight with it.On a sundy I would always go for ranger(cause I got a second gun to complete the setup)...same on a harasser(cause there I'm searching for a fight and I know what fights I want to pick).
    Bursters are incredible niche...and really bad against anything but air...still hardly anyone is using Gorgons(and they are real jack of all trades) because Gorgons are rather crappy.
    An Aphelion is not really good against anything(especially compared to it's counterparts in other factions)...so people prefer the Saron.
  2. adamts01

Despite the Halberd's OHK, the Kobalt is a much better farmer, especially considering its ease of use and its speed of easily dropping multiple targets. It's not as good as the MJ against armor, but people pull the Halberd because it can be used against air in a pinch, and it's good against infantry. It really is just a more effective but harder to use Basilisk, not the best at anything but very well balanced. You see it the most on NC because their top guns are so rock-paper-scissors that it's the best safe choice if you don't know exactly what you'll be facing. Much less so on TR and VS because their guns are much more versatile.

People also don't use the Saron because the Aphelion is crap, they use it because it's OP. I'd use it over anything even if I had access to other faction guns, with the current Vulcan being a close 2nd.
  3. ObiVanuKenobi

Try to drive a harasser, you will quickly realize how wrong you are.
    • Up x 1
  4. Daigons

While working on roadkills for my Harasser yesterday, it was really amusing seeing how many players tried to lure me in with C4 on the ground trick. I would race up to them, hit my breaks and jump into my Kobalt to gun them down and sweep the C4. Too bad Kobalt doesn't count towards the Harasser aurax.
    • Up x 1
  5. OldMaster80

Someone said fights have to last longer top be fun. Which is crazy because it's the same person stating there is nothing wrong with the Starfall.

And consider the Harasser has already been toned down, it used to even tougher. Its resistance against an AP Lightning is rather depressing.
  6. adamts01

No. I much prefer pre-CAI vehicle combat.

I really wish they'd crank up Harasser dps and lower the health. Let it quickly sneak in and 1-clip an unaware tank like it used to be able to. Everything is just so boring now.
  7. OldMaster80

I meant Wrel :D
  8. adamts01

I know you weren't talking to me. I just speak up on this topic whenever I get a chance.
  9. f0p5

harasser was OP back in the days but not anymore..
  10. Daigons

It's almost obscene seeing how vulnerable Harassers are to small arms fire.
  11. CplRDaWiggy

Movies have taught me that if shot with enough bullets, cars blow up. We should just be grateful that their wheels cant be blown out (or off) and there is no petrol tank to snipe.