I think infantry needs a slightly better counter to esf!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Sep 12, 2018.

1. LodeTria

It's a carapace medic.
  2. Skraggz

And resistance. Like I said, I have banshee araxium and never have I killed a bursters sub 2 seconds, or for that matter I have probably 20 kills max on busters vs bansher... I guess I'm just bad, could be likely.
  3. MonnyMoony

Ok thanks - if anything that is a better comparison to Max - since carapace replaces overshield with health, just like a Max.
  4. MonnyMoony

Have you ever one clipped them? Even with resistances applied - the Banshee can still theoretically one clip a max, even without having the extended ammo clip attachment.

I have certainly been one clipped by Banshee mossies.
  5. LodeTria

Yes, back when it was stronger. It takes a very sedentary & bad max for it it happen though. They have to stay in the same general spot for it to happen and not be looking at your approach to do it. You can't just charge them and win.
    • Up x 1
  6. Skraggz

No its usually a game of cat and mouse and does he have a engi or spawn room. Anymore I just run 70/80 tanks and when I catch flak I dip out the fight... it's really risky fighting flak. That's why I suggested you try it.
    • Up x 1
  7. adamts01

Here's a video of a Burster Max insta-killing a Lib.

And a video of a Burster Max insta-killing an ESF. Sorry for the dogs and keyboard noise. I was a super noob at recording.

Please tell me how an aircraft is supposed to face tank that and dominate.
  8. MonnyMoony

Eh! Both of those videos must be lag-switch or some other cheat. Dual bursters cannot possibly damage aircraft like that legitimately.

Even at optimal damage range - a full health ESF can absorb almost 2 full clips of buster fire - which even if dual weilded takes at least 6 seconds to dispense. Bursters simply cannot instagib like that and certainly not on a Liberator.
  9. FateJH

Your killer was HKFish both times?

Edit:
    The top of his player killboard contains six Bolt Driver kills; and, three sequential ones and two other sequential ones occur within one second of each other. Hiccup or hijinks, I don't think he's a good example in terms of demonstrating the power disparity between ESF's and ground-based AA.

That could also be the joke.
  10. adamts01

Yeah. He was clearly lag switching. And still doing the same exact **** 4 months later. Why Daybreak hasn't coded damage while disconnected from the server to be discounted is beyond me. It's so easy to exploit.
  11. Exileant

;) To me the splash is fine, the issue I am having is the weapons velocity over power. If it is going to be as meek as it is now, it needs to hit harder or move way faster so we can get the hits quickly. o_O And it needs to have next to no spray. It is supposed to be a multi-role weapon a perfect gun usable in any situation with 2 main drawbacks: :eek: It attracts attention so you cannot just sit there and abuse it without getting your tail torn, and it's slow round speed so you have to be good enough to track moving targets. Almost every game has one. :( Sadly when they tried to balance it, it seems like they forgot to take into account what made the weapon balanced for the power it had and that ruined it. :D As long as the P.P.C. has ANY splash damage, those who were complaining are still going to complain. Honestly as I said before, with all they ways you can destroy a jet in this game, they should just put it back to the way it was. :p Heck It is not like the plane will survive long enough to really make a difference with A.S.P.s on the field. what made the thing lethal to infantry was not the gun itself but the fact that Thermal used to pick up humans LIKE ALL THERMAL IMAGING CAN..... Another example of people crying over things that work as they should...
  12. CNR4806

I agree completely.

How dare any vehicle not melt in the face of a lone infantry?
  13. Exileant

:D You got hit by a Tank round first more than likely. A standard tank shell will not destroy a fighter, but set it on fire with like .9% health, the burster seems like it simply started in at the last second. :p That is what happens when I nail a fighter with a standard Supernova, Some random burster or my gunner gets the last shot. I am like: :eek: "YOU COULD NOT HAVE BUMPED INTO A TREE A LITTLE OR SOMETHING FOR ME!?!?"

;) But to answer your question. :p You don't. o_O You got that tank and payed the price.

:D But you did help my point. All that time you had to hang there to target him. o_O If he had a ranger you would not have been able to do that. He practically ignored you until he couldn't any longer. :D And that is the main reason most tanks die to fighters. o_O They misjudge them.

:p Now the Liberator one? I call lag or a cheat of some sort. Hahaha!
  14. Demigan

Yeah! How dare they for a slightly increased capability against aircraft while they secretly want to melt vehicles!

Hey wait they didn't ask for that. In fact the most "ludicrous" suggestion (aside from people like you who think they suggest what other players want by asking for basically OHK weapons) is to have a nanite-based launcher that takes as much nanites to destroy an enemy vehicle as the cost of that vehicle, but with a 50/50 chance of either winning.
    • Up x 1
  15. adamts01

That was the old Banshee. Too many people cried that it was too good at everything. They've nerfed it with the direct intention of making it a gun for infantry-only. Daybreak really ****** up. Relatively no one was complaining about the Banshee's A2A ability, but it's anti-infantry ability. Now they nerfed it so hard as to make it useless against anything but infantry, that it has to be OP in that role, same as with the Ranger, and to a lesser extent the Skyguard. Too much rock-paper-scissors is a bad thing.

It's the same guy. He'd been lag switching like that on me for quite some time so I started recording. I did **** up my angle in that tank attack like a noob with my mossy, and did deserve a tank shell, but that was 100% flak.
  16. Exileant

:eek: Well dang. I went back and noticed that was the same guy. o_O That is naughty of him.... You know, people cheat doing the stupidest thing? You were into that Vanguard hard core, a Burster could have screamed: "HEEEEEEEEEY I AM RIGHT HERE!!!!" and you would not have blinked twice thanks to seeing that fire. :D It is not just you, ANYBODY would give up the ghost for a tank ablaze. So why cheat against something you can win against easily? I means I can see obliterating a Harasser or a tank with a Gorgon equipped Max using a 1 hit cheat on a Bursters against a fighter? That is like attacking an ant with a Gatling Gun.... Could have just stepped on it, guy..... :confused: Well I hope he gets what is coming to him. o_O I mean even if he was not cheating, nobody with that bad of a connection should be allowed to load in.
  17. Exileant

;) I have to disagree. It is very effective depending on what you use. Swarmers are pretty to look at as you said, but I did not start bringing down fighters until I swapped for something that delivered the damage instantly and prepped me for a second devastating shot. o_O On the first hit of ANY other weapon most targets will leave because they will not know where it came from and it hurt too bad to sit there and try to find out. :eek: After a fighter suppresses, it has used up its grace and is on borrowed time. All you need is to achieve 2 additional lock-ons to finish the job. Most of the time that is not even needed. :D Pop them twice and even when they leave there is like an 80% chance someone else is going to tag an finish them for a healthy assist. o_O Now TRUE, if you are out in the open and not hiding when you have to reload and they spot you? You WILL be punished, as you should. But if you work your angles and your terrain you can make it impossible for them to survive in the area, by yourself, and that is if you do not bring the plane down all together.

o_O As for the Skyguard lightning. I would not mind them beefing it up toward infantry, giving it back explosive round, or at least making it more accurate so you can deal with the lone rageaholic without wasting half your clip or getting so close you can give them a sniff, however, that is not really necessary thanks to the tank moving so fast. :eek: What gets people killed in this game is thinking you can sit still. Even in the mountains someone sees you. So use its abilities. It can run between 55 and 60 miles an hour so if you stay moving a base is never too far from you. ;) Keeping on the move and being hard to see head on is how it survives. o_O When you down a plane, 30 seconds later that person likely called something to kill you because that is what revenge does. :eek: (You should ALWAYS expect this) However if you are not there, you increase the chance they will get killed looking for you and allow the next person to become the target of their vengeance or get back to the sky and back into your hands where they should be. It takes like 3 clips to kill a Sunderer so it can even be used as a janitor or extreme pest for trucks trying to get setup. Though it is harder to use a Skyguard will kill people if you stick with it and learn its new attitude. :p I would love it if Lightnings had access to a type of Basilisk though.