[Suggestion] Make the repair gun deal damage against enemy players, MAX's and vehicles.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gustavo M, Sep 3, 2018.

1. pnkdth

Why not. It is a slow process with would be a last resort and slowly take out isolated targets. The engineer doesn't have the speed of a LA or the stealth of an infiltrator. In infantry combat an engineer isn't exactly a powerhouse either. Would be a nice perk for the class.

I'm pretty sure that wise hobbit wasn't talking about walking straight up to a fully armed Uruk-hai's face and start throwing pebbles at it though. A MAX ideal kill range is close range and that's exactly where the player would be looking for you.
    • Up x 2
  2. Luicanus

As others have noted deconstruction needn't be as time-consuming as repair and reconstruction. To be balanced it would need to take slightly longer than planting and detonating C4 on a MBT.

It's advantage would be it's lack of resources for use through it's non-use of ammo.

I've been arguing for it to be an option to take instead of C4 or instead of Demo Pouch/Mine Carrier, this option needn't e effective against MAXs, especially if you could still take 2 C4 or 3 AT mines. It would be a slightly slower but quieter way to take down armour. Especially if the sound is comparable to repairing, a crowd of armour might not spot the enemy engineer among them.
  3. Icedude94

I was being sarcastic with the meditool thing. Everything you're suggesting can be done with tank mines and a sticky grenade.
  4. freedom_burger

Good idea if it only applied to vehicles. For MAX and just about anything else it sounds pointless.