You know what is killing PS2?It's not the lack of "newbie-friendly" things or complexity...

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gustavo M, Sep 9, 2018.

1. Gustavo M

If the opposite infantry players don't have/or lack the tools to properly counter that tank and the enemy tank doesn't give a damn and is aware of the opposite players lack of resources/experience -- yep, that's griefing. In simple terms: It's like a certain group wants to play chess, and you (the tank) rushes in uninvited by the group and kicks the table away, messing up the whole game.
    Then again, the purpose of this thread is to on how is "easy" to farm rather play the "intended" roles. And on how it is the "true" purpose that newbies are quitting (and avoiding) this game.
  2. Skraggz

I'm curious, do you believe the invention of tanks was to kill other tanks.... or perhaps .... people? Serious question btw.
  3. That_One_Kane_Guy

The answer is "many people. many, many people".

I didn't learn about those bloody tunnels until this year. I started playing in 2012.

I spent more time than I'd care to admit chasing radar contacts that I was certain were wither Stalkers or Light Assaults sneaking back in to contest the cap before the light finally dawned. I'd feel really dumb about it too if I didn't consistently see high-BR players ignore those tunnels in favor of rushing into the meat grinder over and over again.
    • Up x 1
  4. Trigga

The only diff is your 'feelings', which have no consequence.
    The game is the game, you die to explosive, bullets, shells. Infantry kill you, aircraft kill you, tanks kill you.
    Death and destruction is all this game is, and if you think its supposed to be fair youve got another thing coming.....
    • Up x 1
  5. Trigga

Its not griefing.
    Saying it over and over and over will not change the fact.
    Killing your enemy in a war game is not griefing.
    I have nothing more to add.
    • Up x 3
  6. Silkensmooth

I don't consider it greifing i guess. More bad game mechanics.

So many bad game mechanics.

So easy to fix.

Maybe its not realistic for it to take 3 body shots by tank rounds to kill a planetman, but is it realistic that my 18 mm, which is 3/4 inch nosegun rounds only do 150 damage to infantry?

I can hit you in the head with a .50 cal which is a half inch round, and ohk you or 2 body shots, but it takes 10 or more to kill an infantry with a 3/4 inch round with higher velocity?

Forget about realism in a video game. We want fun not realism. If this game was realistic, you would get one life. One headshot would kill you instantly. One body shot would kill you or put you down HARD.

If the game was realistic we would use bombs that could make a crater out of any base and kill everything in a kilometer radius.

But this is a game, and constantly dying to other players who put on a suit of armor, aka a tank or max suit, is not fun.

It wouldn't be so bad if it was difficult to acquire a tank. If it had to be driven a long distance to the battlefield.

But its extremely easy to get a tank. Or a sunderer with kobalts.

But is it fun for those of us who don't want to spend all of our time dying while trying to kill the tanks and sundies?

The answer is no. No it isn't. It's one way fun for the most part, which isn't a good game mechanic.
  7. Skraggz

So you are on board for changing the bases of a game to conform to your idea of fun?

You say it's easy to get a tank, but yet to counter someone with a tank is 'hard'? Thought tanks were easy to obtain.

You sound like you want the removal of vehicles altogether which I will 100% not get behind on, that again is a rare thing that makes planetside fun for me, even though you claim it is not "fun". Sounds like you are not looking for a CA game, but much more of just your casual run of the mill fps.
    • Up x 2
  8. freedom_burger

Solo infantry ****ter problems. Play with squads and deal with the problem instead of whining about it, vehicles have never been weaker than they are right now in the CAI era.
  9. Skraggz

Not even, as I have plenty of vehicle kills under my belt and I haven't been playing nearly as long as some. (I play solo all the time)
  10. Twin Suns

I'll kill, grieve, harvest and farm ya. I might even shoot the bodies when I'm done.

War is he//.

By any means necessary...
  11. NXR1

Anyone who claims vehicles are hard to kill just isn't trying. I wont even say they are bad because even a bad person can kill a vehicle near effortlessly (I do it and I suck at this game). Even new players have the means to fight vehicles:
    1.) Rocket launchers
    2.) MAX AV
    3.) Rocklets

All of those are extremely effective against vehicles and after just a few shots the tank or harasser or whatever is farming you is going to run away for repairs opening the path for your team to leave the spawnroom. The only reason people dont do this is because they get alot more kills firing snipers out of the spawn room and dont have a chance to die and ruin those precious KDR's they've spent so long padding.

Another great counter for vehicles is the archer. I was expecting the archer to suck against vehicles since everyone told me its damage was horrible against everything but MAX's. But after using it I was sending entire convoys of tanks running away smoking and forcing deployed sunderers to relocate. 1 person sitting out of range of just about any vehicle weapon was able to basically stop a vehicle zerg and greatly hinder its effectiveness. So yeah claiming vehicles farming is a problem is just straight up BS probably from the same people who complain when they lose 1v1's to overshield heavies.
    • Up x 1
  12. TobiMK

This is a simple issue between player's "philosophies" in this game. Some are looking for an enjoyable experience with balanced engagements, others want to roleplay an actual war as closely as possible, even if that means that actual fun goes out the window for you and your opponents.
    • Up x 2
  13. TobiMK

I always find it interesting to observe how people advocating against KD are far more obsessed with it than the people accused of padding theirs. How much time must you guys spend looking for people sitting in spawnrooms. Maybe instead just go and play the game and stop worrying so much about what other people are doing.
    • Up x 1
  14. Trigga

100% agree, everyone has different preferences
    Doesnt this contradict the previous part of your post?
    Who defines the 'actual fun'.
    I dont consider zerg stomping to be fun at all, much prefer to fight against a larger force, but some people (a whole lot from the looks of it) do actualy consider zerging to be fun.
    So who decides what the 'actual fun' here is?
    I think the answer lies in your first sentence.

Its not hard to spawn at a base, see an infil sniping. Then run to point, kill / die etc the usual, respawn and see same infil. Then repeat, and repeat and repeat.
    So from me actualy playing the game as suggested, i see the same person standing there over and over and over.
  15. iller

That's b/c most ppl will "cope" by taking the path of least resistance. For players with an AWESOME CPU and top 5% reaction time / eye hand coordination... that actually means getting out of spawn, and fighting 2v1 Odds. But the part that too many on the Forums always refuse to acknowledge is that just about everyone else falls into that second category where they literally can't leave spawn and then have an okay experience unless they already have pop advantage which usually means quitting the game before they even get invested in it.... or mainly rolling with the zerg once they made up their minds to keep playing.
    • Up x 1