Construction is Underpowered.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Okjoek, Sep 11, 2018.

1. Okjoek

So not only is mining and running cortium boring, but now it's not even rewarding because you can't get a good defensive fight out of it, there's no reason to build forward bases anymore. The whole appeal to base building before was that it finally gave us a defensive force multiplyer against zergfits, specifically armored zergs. The Orbital Strike doesn't really make up for the loss IMO. I would trade OS's ability to nuke facilities for just the blast wall (the porus, unshielded and mostly useless wall) to be invulnerable with a repair module again.

Before we would be able to hold out for a few minutes against considerable overpop IIRC, now a base is lucky to last more than 60 seconds against a few cheap roaming tanks with a repair sundy. But that was the whole appeal was creating defended spawns between the bases that enemies couldn't take out with armor alone.
  2. Demigan

Construction isn't underpowered, but is simply on a point where the time investment will rarely be worth the power you get in return. But if you do get enough power to be worth your time investment it would instantly be OP as all hell.

The solution is therefore simple: Reduce the time required to build and maintain a base. For example building could be done through a player-piloted drone that has limited range. The drone has access to all schematics and the player just has to cycle through them. This give the player a better overview of their base, can allow you to better see the edges of your walls&module AOE when placing them and accelerates the speed at which you can dump down all components as you can move faster and don't have to return to the Silo all the time.
    • Up x 1
  3. freedom_burger

My primary issue with construction is how inaccessible it is. It's such a bad cert grind, tailored exclusively to people that were BR 100+ pre-ASP.
  4. NXR1

Yeah the turrets need better range and tracing also they need to buff the auto repair module so 1 tank cant solo an entire base just by sitting behind a hill and firing at the tall buildings.
    • Up x 1
  5. LtBomber

Before Construction "Patch/Update": Build all stuff in a conor of the map and no one can crack it, or care about it.
    After Update:
    Just build what you need:
    Air Terminal for free vehicles, Router (far away)
    OS and Silo for striking (nothing more, dont provide XP for the enemy!!!!
    ... and thats it!

No one build a lot of stuff, not even walls, since they are usually not worth the time of beeing constructed. Building things gives you NOTHING in return, in contrast to harvesting and deposition.

Why should i build things that...
    ... drain my silo faster than needed
    ...provide minimal protection to my base
    ...and require placementtime?

ATM players rush their bases, and then play the game and use them on occasion. My concern is also about the huge no-construction zone limiting attacking and defesive potential from player made bases to a laughable factor.
  6. BamaRage

Agreed so devs please just delete this crap once and for all........