[Suggestion] Should the Developers Bring Back Capability To Capture Any Region Any Time?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Destroyer0370

So it possibly has 2 advantages...

1. More strategic gameply to cut off a force of enemy, without the lattice impediment we currently have.

2. Swarm armies,should probably be less common, because people would split up more, if all Regions are targets.

Furthermore, why, at the moment, we can't blow up generators behind enemy lines/all regions, like how we can hack+blow up terminals+turrets?
  2. Sazukata

Surely you were there when we had the pure hex system?

Players would just bunch up and zerg down a lane, while avoiding the enemy zerg. The rest of the map was playing whack-a-mole with ghost caps. It was very non-competitive.
    • Up x 5
  3. Icedude94

Unnecessary because the construction system allows you to build bases deep into enemy territory to harrass them with. Nobody wants to play the game where you have to form 3 man teams to drive around the map in scout radar flashes to catch infiltrators going around hacking everything.
  4. Luicanus

While I see options to modify the lattice system (One I like is a clustered Lattice) I feel that the move from open captures to lattice was the right move.

FYI the clustered lattice idea is that a series of bases would be clustered together (typically around a major facility) and each cluster would be linked together via lattice.
  5. Scatterblak

It was non-competitive from a tactical standpoint - from a strategic standpoint, it was Betterâ„¢. Flanking, capping critical resource-generators and modifiers, feints, etc. The devs basically nerfed the strategic aspect of gameplay in favor of funneling players into each other. A middle ground approach (like grouping several territories into a larger group of hexes, and applying a Lattice mechanic to that) might have been better.
  6. JibbaJabba

We could not remove the lattice. The mechanisms that made the old way somewhat work (somewhat) are now gone.

What I mean is previously we had:
    Certain vehicles could only spawn from certain bases. On some I think you could only pull a flash and a sundy.
    Same thing with air. You couldn't pull a galaxy from anywhere, only major facilities.
    Infantry, Vehicles, Air had separate resource pools, not just "nanites" Different territories provided points for these.
    You could not "chain pull" vehicles. Each type had a timer.
    Many bases, even smaller ones had SCUs.
  7. NXR1

dear god no