When is daybreak going to ban the cheaters?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Walking Shark, Feb 28, 2018.

1. Daftdrew

Well simple just kick anyone with a ping over 120ms.
  2. BorgUK1of9

Picking up 1000 marbles 1 at a time and putting them back in the container wont work, right now I am playing deep cloaker on Miller, we are always underpopped and trying to sneak into a firefight to drop mines and detectors. Its a waste of time when the fecking NC Russians are shooting me sitting still from 100m away. Nevermind the autoaim they have on the one shot shotguns now.

Fix the mechanisms that are allowing them to hack, reporting a hacker one at a time and relying on DBG to suss them out clearly isnt working because they just make new accounts 10 minutes later. Reverse engineer the hacks being openly sold and even as of last week being advertised in game.

After Planetside 1 and all the hacking that literally killed the game at the end (it was that, we gave up because you couldn't play) don't tell me SOE made another game easily hackable.
    • Up x 1
  3. CaptCran

Seriously, when any gun is not burst firing @ 80 meters and 4 out of 10 shots are to the head I think somethings up.
  4. csvfr

I don't think the SAW user was cheating. The accuracy he has is absolutely possible, I did it many times in a row when auraxing it even at targets that were sprinting. Notice the circumstances:
    • The shooter uses a 2x scope
    • The victim stands completely still
    • Additionally, the victim is engineer probably not wearing nanoweave
    So if you think that is cheating go to the VR with the SAW and say you can't kill a dummy in a burst or two.

Also, the distance is < 70m when he is shot
  5. iller

If you think that's the only "cheating" you ever saw for a year, then you clearly don't know anything about Subtle script toggling, packet manipulations, and other 3rd party methods of getting advantages. (hint: the people who see them more, tend to have a broad technical understanding in general, or direct hands on experience -- but most people don't, so they just don't understand how easy it is to hide it from everyone else who has so much blissful ignorance of the polygon world around them)

.......OR...

...it's called really lazy programming. I've done some programming myself, and Personally if it had been up to me YEARS AGO, I would have just "walled off" any ping spikers from the DPS system or atleast put exponential resistance Stats both on them and on their targets during those extreme "lag compensation" Interpolation periods while their latency is spiked...(but don't TELL their client that the target resisted their DPS..make them think they're getting away with it at first) and then include an A.I. sub function that recorded how often they were getting unusually ACCURATE shot %'s on target to automatically Flag their account for GM review
    • Up x 2
  6. VeryCoolMiller

Cheats are not only auto aim, there are also radars and tool to see through the walls...
  7. TRspy007

Ever so often i come across a cheater or 2, but they're usually quickly banned or punished by me or their teammates and never seen again, if you yell the name of the cheater, every player allied and enemy will look into it, because everybody hates cheating. I feel hackers have decreased since the early days i remember some used to kill us a soon as we spawned, and that type of hack has ceased i think. Maybe hackers have become more discreet but i feel daybreak did a good job banning them. Bugs and skilled players can seem like hackers sometimes, ill admit.
  8. FOC-SpikE

Blam, u know that if it comes to high ping, its just the other way around, dont u?

TRspy, u mean that warping guys jumping around, f.e. These are not smart cheaters. But there are smart cheaters, using there hacks in a way that it is not that obvious ;)

And to the cheaters problem. Yes there are cheaters, and yes, some of the "elite" outfits using them to be "elite".
    Believe it or not, i got my proves and i report them if i have them. I just hope they are getting banned, and not stay unharmed just because they pay money.
    • Up x 1
  9. Daigons

DB needs to step up their community relations by setting up a new forum where they can posts all the accounts that they temp-ban or perm-ban from the game. If they can post system wide server messages of players being removed, than they should be able to make a forum post.
    • Up x 1
  10. Gavlad7

DayBreak have financial problems , i believe that until this problem is solved u don´t see big changes as System to ban bots or Nerf the NC weappons that are too broken !!!
  11. KupoRU

Do not make me laugh. DB will never do this. It's not Sony, forget about any honest game when you come to this company.
    What it does now - protects players who have bought their access to cheat programs.
    I was denied access everywhere, due to the fact that I showed lists of players with cheat programs.
  12. NellyG

yep, I'm convinced that Planetside or DayBreak is managed by hackers, reason why groups like Recursion are tolerated in the game. I don't spend any money in this game anymore because of this.
    • Up x 1
  13. iller

yeah I feel like this is really the most objective look at it. I question if DBG even HAS the resources to address reports individually but who knows, maybe they hit a sweet spot in their automation when it comes to the Blatant ppl? :\
  14. Degenatron

As an additional note to these, I'd like to pass on this PSA: Do NOT yell about cheaters in chat. And do NOT throw around hackusations, either in /yell or /tell. That can only cause harm for three reasons:
    1. If you /yell to everyone in chat to "report so-and-so because they're cheating" then that casts doubt on every report of that player. A CSR doesn't know if someone is being reported because they are cheating, or because someone else is telling everyone to report them.
    2. Letting a cheater know they are suspected gives them a chance to turn off their cheats. Any cheater that isn't just blatantly rage-cheating is going to lay low for a bit, so they might ot get seem by a CSR if one comes to look.
    3. If the person that you are accusing ISN'T cheating, then you just padded their ego and let them know that they are making you upset. Don't give them the satisfaction.
    Just file your report and then get away from that player.
    • Up x 1
  15. KupoRU

Tell me at least one person who was banned. And you can not. Despite hundreds of reports on this player with aim-helper.
    • Up x 1
  16. TobiMK

People that unironically think Recursion is cheating are hilarious. Just because an outfit manages to bring together multiple squads of competent players doesn't mean they are cheating. But the reactions from completely delusional players are always hilarious to see.
  17. MuggieWara

I can confirm that network ping plays a major role.Sometimes,when Cobalt is almost empty on late night hours,i play with my NC or VS toon on Emerald and occasionally when i rush someone through a door etc,i have enough time to headshot-kill him before he even goes ADS.

He simply doesnt see me soon enough.I feel kinda guilty when this happens.:D
  18. Movoza

When are people going to not make posts about things they know nothing about?

Well simple, just kick anyone who has Daybreak or developers in the title.
  19. KupoRU

Come on, there can not be so many playing workers daybreak, and on all servers
  20. SKeL

You know.. Not just the aimbot, wall hack, teleportation, unlimited ammunition, no recoil, no reload, no spread are the biggest threats, the most commonly used and annoying ones are hitbox scripts which aren´t technically "cheating" but it is since it is not the original from game itself. For example, I´ve been playing almost a month now in Emerald and man.. I´m telling you, only the vanu and NC are the ones cheating, TR isn´t capable of such thing. Okay so, the hitbox is like, you can increase the weakpoint size of enemies and decrease your own for not getting like headshots or in a vehicle from behind wouldn´t register as weakpoint.

Now I know it is hard to belive but trust me, it is true, I´ve faced vanguards in front line no shield and the guy shot me with AP 4x in a prowler front as eff he shot from behind and it said 100% of him. Not to mention some other people whom I´ve tried to headshot but it never registered and once they noticed me, they insta killed me "no issues with FPS, above 80, sever latency and ping is 50-60"

In my server, it is quite funny how the vanu and NC need to cheat with their over powered weapons, as eff they aren´t strong enough. TR had vulcan the best as a beast on harasser and a prowler with running stealth but now... TR pretty much doesn´t have anything against people like that.

Oh yeah, not to mention, I´ve seen liberators with dalton 1 shot ESF like they are nothing, they can literally increase hitbox size like either 50m or 100m wide of the weak point.

This game is amazing, truly, like every players dream, but, it needs better anti cheat system, more balanced weapons, remove all the NS weapons, anti air, burster maxes, air should only fight air and ground vehicle, and infatry + max shouldn´t be able to destroy air like their nothing. In my opinion, every faction should most deffenetly have faction weapons only, unless it is an event weapons or cosmetics ment to share for everyone.