Best infantry implants?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BanthaFodder, Aug 30, 2018.

1. BanthaFodder

Returning player after a 2 month hiatus, has the meta implants changed for infantry combat or is it still Battlehardened + Assimilate? I noticed their are quite a few new ones.
  2. Demigan

Assimilate isnt very useful mid-combat for the average player and battlehardened is grossly overrated. Have a look at all the implants you have and how they can be advantageous rather than asking others to define your playstyle.

But if you really must have someone else's idea's, check here for a bit of inspiration of new implant loadouts: https://forums.daybreakgames.com/ps...ill-using-the-older-ones.250229/#post-3513199
  3. Gustavo M

If you only go for body shots and/or use shotguns -- then yes, it is.
  4. Demigan

Let me correct you there:
    Only if you dont shoot the head for the entire engagement, dont exclude your arsenal to one specific weapon set and engagement distance and dont understand the full extend of PS2's COF system.

Well that means that easily more than 90% of the players fall outside this category as lots of players have tried various weapons outside of the narrow high-accuracy band.
  5. entity009

Among the basic implants I find Regen, Catlike, Ammo printer, sensor shield, sweeper hud and heavyweight/battlehardend to be very useful.

Regen is always handy

Catlike is great for stalker

Sensor shield is great for sneaky LA or cloakers.

Ammo printer and Sweeper are handy in vehicles and when running a max (sometimes no engie around)

BH and HW can be useful depending on playstyle.

I'm no meta master but I consider those to be the essential basics. Most of my loadouts include at least one of them.
    • Up x 1
  6. Silkensmooth

I like infravision a lot it has helped me get more headshots because it makes it easier to see heads imo.

It does have a downside of making infiltrators completely invisible which kinda sucks since most implantts only provide benefits with no downside.
  7. Cyropaedia

Carapace still dominates.

I feel like nothing beats Carapace + Combat Surgeon 5 synergy on Combat Medic.

It is awesome to have Carapace + Regen 5 with Resist Shield on a HA.
  8. Corezer

Wish I had infravision for some smoky shenanigans.