Hacking is back

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Beerbeerbeer, Aug 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Beerbeerbeer

Frankly, at this point, I hope this revelation keeps newbies away. This game needs to die a fast death instead of the slow, creeping death crawl that's occurring now. This is the proverbial straw that will just break camel's back considering the life support this game is seemingly on.

I haven't seen a real hacker in a long time, but not anymore. They are really back. Teleport hacking, hitbox hacking and/or aimbots are all back and I'm dead freaking serious. I would not have believed it unless I saw it with my own eyes.

Post it on Reddit, Steam and anywhere else anyone that might even care a tiny bit would still read.
  2. FateJH

I don't care to read about it; I want to see it. Videos by beerx3 will always be more convincing than just words by beerx3.
    • Up x 4
  3. Towie

Well in fairness there's been some recent highly suspicious individuals who appear to have been banned (like this guy who got greedy / stupid) https://ps2.fisu.pw/killboard/?name=ebashymavashy

I agree that recording video is the best way to kinda prove it, thing is that PS2 is such a resource hog the last thing that anyone wants to do is add recording to the mix.

Why kinda ? Well many things can potentially be explained by the unusual stuff that happens all the time. Last night I had a heavy disappear in front of my eyes only to reappear nearby and kill me. I recognised the name straight away as i've reported him before (highly suspicious) but all the video would prove is that he disappeared then reappeared and that stuff does happen.

At the end of the day we're totally reliant on DBG sorting it out. Battleye made a huge improvement but it's not infallible.

(There was a recent video on reddit of someone demonstrating his warez but couldn't find it !)
    • Up x 4
  4. Beerbeerbeer

Hey I’m a natural skeptic. I’m usually the one who shrugs away hackusations against legitametly great players.

Unfortunately, I’m not one to record my gameplay, but just be aware that hacking really is back. Blatant hacking, the type seen pre-Battle Eye. At the very least you can’t say I didn’t tell you so because it is so.

What scares me even more is that blatant hacking usually means there’s a lot of subtle hacking that is likely occurring. Stuff we can’t easily see. The smart ones. That is more serious than the dingbat blatant teleport hackers or 50%+ head shot heroes.
  5. JibbaJabba

Aye, I've done several /report in the past couple weeks. It had been close to a year prior to that.

Movement hacks and aimbots primarily. The aimbot one was particularly frustrating as it altered the outcome of the larger metagame. 20 people couldn't take a point from a single individual. The only way to kill him was to attack 3 at once. It gave you a six bullet headstart (not a bullet more) as he headshotted your two allies.
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

If you experience hacking in game, please report the player to help.daybreakgames.com so that our CS team can take appropriate action.

Our anti-cheat has not changed, and we have not been receiving more reports of hacking than usual.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.