IDEAS TO IMPROVE THE GAME!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by NeonSonic, Aug 20, 2018.

1. Armcross

Teeeeeeeeext!, waaaaaaaaaaaaall...
  2. TR5L4Y3R

HA, LA and engineer with snipers may not be a good option for the noob
    but for the veteran who cares for nothing but KD padding .. (players having fun in what ever way they want ect.)
    or who may not even care bout dying but simply want to oneshot people ...

combine that for the LA with asp shotguns and he becomes a oneclickpony
    as for the HA yes his overshield may make him visible, especialy at night but he can tank those few shots still
    and appearantly snipershots too (still don´t know how because i always get OHK with active OS be that )

an engineer can camp all day and have his own proximitywarningsystem with a sentrygun ..

these classes being more visible than the infil is however not the matter ..
    as i said this is another extreme this suggestion of the OP would bring ...
    noobs would take AR´s .. vets may take snipers and there are though few people that are still capable of doing good job with snipers in the middle of battle ..

the homogenisation of OP´s suggestion would not only render many weapons and weaponclasses obsolete but also potentionaly bring more ohk play to the general game than would be good for it .. be that through sniping or shotguns ..
  3. Demigan

Then the Infiltrator is still better! It can make more area's a suitable sniping spot due to it's stealth, the Infil can basically be standing right out in the open and snipe in relative safety while an LA can only use area's with cover nearby and then still has a higher chance of being counter-sniped and killed because he can't take his sweet butt time to aim while in stealth.

A skillful one-click pony, with a gap in his effective ranges and a higher risk than an Infiltrator would have.

He's discovered sooner, he'll get countersniped sooner because he's visible during each part of the engagement rather than just before and after the shot, he has less area's he can use for sniping than an infiltrator and he's running a larger risk when moving about to get to a sniping spot. The only time this would be useful is when you know exactly where you opponent is and he knows where you are and you know you'll get hit even if you aim at him while stealth.

And then what? An Infiltrator can at least stealth away or make him harder to hit until he's in pistol range. What can the Engineer do? Unless your enemy starts in shotgun range and you have that ASP unlocked as well you are way behind on the Infiltrator.

And that's basically the "problem" here, Engineer, HA and LA all have only a few edge-cases where they would be better than an Infiltrator, and only because the infiltrator wouldn't be able to get there or do a specific task. The engi, HA and LA would still have worse capabilities with the sniper compared to the "normal" situation of an Infil sitting somewhere sniping, so despite them being better in the situation they wouldn't be better overall. So there wouldn't be a problem giving them access to snipers and other long-range weapons.

For snipers it would, snipers require a longer time to aim it before it's effective, and that time is best spend in stealth.

Homogenisation by giving all classes to every weapon would be a massive problem, it's just that giving snipers to other classes wouldn't be a big problem as the Infiltrator is simply better at them. Although I will admit: If you have access to sniper rifles and want to play HA, why would you pick a long-range LMG if you have access to snipers, the new BR's, AR's? Only to aurax them maybe but that would be intentionally nerfing yourself.
  4. Corezer

maybe he's saying that's what he would change to improve the game. This game is an innovative concept, it shouldn't be following anything, not even a game as successful as battlefield.

literally the first sentence of my last reply, to most of your other points... IDK I stopped reading after u said everyone would run AR, as I would definitely choose LMG... I did notice that you lost the ability to spell somewhere in your fit of rage, though...
  5. NeonSonic

^ this!

all good ideas! i hope devs implement them!
  6. NeonSonic

another idea to improve the game:

how about implementing ammo belt 4 into all classes across the board and removing it from the suit slot.

or redesign suit slot to where you can customize your inventory so u can choose grenades ammo armor etc. maybe like this

agile exo suit: sidewinder 5 implant benefits + ammo belt 2 benefits.
    reinforced exo-suit: advanced shield capacitor 5 suit slot benefits + ammo belt 4 benefits.

and u can still choose stuff like nanoweave armor / flak armor etc. to go with your suit slot. its just it would be less lame like now where u can only carry body armor or ammo as it is now like your some half-***** soldier please devs buff the inventory design!
  7. Corezer

my ideas to improve the game are to let lightnings aim higher. it'll solve a lot of AA complaining while also letting aircraft have a more than adequate chance to fight back.

implement nanoweave as a passive small arms resistance buff for infantry, raise/lower small arms RoF to re-achieve weapon balance.

reduce HS multiplier to 150% (versus 80% for chest and you still have almost double damage)

we can start with that before going into more extreme stuff.
  8. TR5L4Y3R

do you need help with angermanagement or something?
    are you "hearing" angry things from text?
    also what last reply? you didn´t say anything to me in this thread before ..

doesn´t change what i already said ..
  9. Corezer

there were 2 replies in the same post.

anger management, there's a space there...

the fit became obvious due to your fingers starting to move faster than your brain, and it's happening again...
  10. TR5L4Y3R

or maybe, MAYBE .. english isn´t my main language and as such i am prone to mistakes in spelling ..
    but in your mind it HAS TO BE ABSOLUTELY fits OF rage ..

so i don´t know .. may be check yourself again ..
    or is assuming BS your way of "discussing" stuff on threads?
  11. LordKrelas

If ammo was built-in... it makes the present ammo capacity of all these guns pointless.
    As they're instantly modified upon use by any player using them; So their magazine sizes, tailored for their use..
    Are instantly higher, every time, rather than a picked choice sacrificing one boon for another.

As making choices matter? Do you want the extra clips, or the extra armor.
    If you could do both, you have literally less requirements to pick your buffs -- as then the competitive slot items are combined.
    Which means, the two competitive choices for you, literally end up as one, removing any ability for the others to compete with either.
    Like that is why, they are different items; As you want both, so you have to pick.

-- Hell, if you can pack everything, let alone increase all magazine carrying capacity why bother with inventory at all?
    Assume everything is equipped: Which removes the entire point of having to pick buffs or bonuses.

-----

I would like to pick two grenade types, but keybinding would be a bugger, as would throwing an emp & frag at once.
    But it would be glorious - not sarcasm either.
  12. NeonSonic

another idea: server select with any character you have

another idea: directive unlocks pass over to alt characters of same faction
    • Up x 1
  13. MonnyMoony

This.

You can rack up hundreds of XP just farming kills - yet turn the tide of an entire battle by taking out the hard to reach spawn beacon - and you get what, 30 XP?

For a game that is supposedly about teamwork and objectives - you get very little reward for actually working as a team or going for objectives.

You don't 'kill' anyone in this game, all you do is push them back to the nearest spawn point - so surely the concept of 'kills' and 'KDR' is meaningless.
    • Up x 1
  14. That_One_Kane_Guy

This stands out over and above the rest of your post as particularly wrong. If you think this game resembles reality in any way, shape or form, you have no idea what modern weapons are capable of.

Based on your other assertions of how giving all weapons to all classes will not be a balance issue, I'd say you don't know how weapons in this game work, either.
  15. Corezer

Accidental caps, too?
    HOLA! tu BIEN! QUE pasa?!

idk... I speak less Spanish than you do English, and something's telling me that the caps just aren't necessary...
  16. NeonSonic

Stop shooting down ideas please this is for improving the game, constructive feedback/ideas is encouraged! example instead of just shooting down ideas if u want to talk about them say how u would balance the idea if u didnt like it. if u just straight up dont like it please leave it be its just an idea that the devs can take into consideration with their professionalism and balance it accordingly if they decide to implement the idea into the game!

thank you for your time!

peace.
    • Up x 1
  17. That_One_Kane_Guy

Sorry, bud but it doesn't sound like you're interested in feedback. Sounds like you want an echo chamber.

You're simultaneously asking for constructive feedback yet also asking that people refrain from shooting down your ideas? You can't have it both ways. People have told you your ideas are bad for the game and shown why they believe this is so. This is exactly how constructive feedback works.

If the Devs took the [Suggestion] threads in a vacuum with no feedback from other players there would be no Aircraft, Tanks, MAXs, C4, guns, players or maps and everyone would be on the Reddit page slapfighting and complaining that VS is still somehow overpowered. Input from other players in the community is very important, and asking for it to be muffled for the sake of your ideas is bad for the game.
    • Up x 3
  18. LordKrelas

Understand what Feedback is, and then understand what Constructive means; As it isn't 'positive-only'.
    I stated why it was a bad idea, I stated my rational: That is constructive feedback.
    Improvements are not all positive, nor blind positivity towards any & all suggestions for it.
    Some feel improving the game would be removing half the gameplay, and no one could even agree on what half I even mean is.

Or should is it meant to allow BS idea's like "Lets give an ES gun that one shots a tank", to never be seen as anything but a positively received idea, when in reality it would be seen as insanely moronic?

I also stated, I liked the ability to carry multiple grenade types.
    As well, You've been pushing hard of late , to sneak in your idea, with as little opposition as possible;
    As if it was a well-received idea, instead of a nosedive.
    • Up x 2
  19. NeonSonic

i disagree with you my VS friend... im VS as well i thought we could share a common interest but i will put it simpler for you:

this thread is for ideas and for ppl to post their ideas not for u to shoot down ideas just cause you dont like them. thats childish just post your idea if you have one or **** and not spam in my thread. and for the devs to consider the ideas then dont spam my thread shooting down ideas when that is unconstructive trolling. i see you, stop typing your brain into posts. respect my view on it since this is my thread. end of story. or it will be considered unconstructive spam and trolling since u are merely shooting down ideas just for the hell of it.

oh and before u fail to read again, im VS as well share a common interest and LISTEN to what im telling you.

peace!
  20. LordKrelas

Fine on you, without understanding what Constructive feedback is, or trolling: Constructive does not mean "like or silence"
    As I don't waste my damn time trolling, You go right ahead.
    Report me, at your pleasure; If you want Feedback, you get all feedback. Deal with it.
    This is a forum, I've read the rules; I'm not assaulting you, I'm discussing & engaging in discussion on the subjects.
    Welcome to General Discussion.

I am also Many things, I do not support half of VS on this site, as they suggest hitscan sniper rifles, for example.
    Is it bright? No. It was however a VS suggestion, 'better the game' by screwing over TR & NC.
    To Canis' original release, which was hell on NC & TR, to the Starfall, which you can find 7+ entire pages of a VS being a loon.
    Which is depressing.

--- Now onto something useful, past our bickering about how I give feedback, on why I disagree.

Replace Vanguard Shield with something more useful.
    I'm legit serious.
    Right now it's either the other Tank is remorselessly screwed, or the Vanguard is.
    I've suggested before, a shield that effects everyone but the tank, for a short period, with an Overshield.
    This shield is generated for a short duration around the tank (and vanishes rapidly when out of range), with this shield applied every a second or so, in a radius around the tank; These do not stack, and does not shield the original tank.
    This promotes a wall of armor & infantry, supported by their Vanguard brothers.
    In single-combat, the Vanguard's ability will no longer be a 1v1 tool.
    In group-combat, the ability is geared for team-use, and is best used with allies.
    This overshield is vulnerable to EMP's, and the ability has a cooldown & duration of field generation.
    • Up x 2