Symbiote Implant - FYI

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, Aug 22, 2018.

1. DarkStarAnubis

Fellow Auraxians,

I own the Symbiote Implant and I found out it is eating 100 health every 10 seconds, which does not match the the description (see below, Level 1):

Passively receives 20% small arms resistance. This does not stack with Nanoweave Armor. Any time you are alive longer than 20 seconds without taking small arms damage, the symbiote will gnaw at your health pool.

So I opened a support ticket to ask clarifications. What they explained to me is the following:

After the interval mentioned in the description (20...30 seconds depending on the level) the Symbiote will start to eat 100 health every 10 seconds leaving the player with 1 HP (at zero he would die) in less than 50 seconds if no damage is taken.

I pointed out that this 10 seconds is not mentioned anywhere and they may review the implant description to make it clear. IMHO it is very misleading.

With this health drain, the only way to make it useful is to use a Regeneration Implant alongside that will take automatically care of replenish health, even the Level 1 (+20 health/sec) is enough.
    • Up x 2
  2. FateJH

The important question for me, I think, is whether you sustained damage since applying the implant, i.e., whether there was any initial damage to reset the 20s grace period. That's what you complaint sounds like. In that case, the implant does still function properly, more or less, save that it starts in the health drain state. Clarificiation on the implant description would be helpful all the same since they didn't explain the timing for that exact "gnawing" mechanism.
  3. DarkStarAnubis

During fights I did not pay attention to the implant behavior (not gnawing) also because I equip it with a regen.

My complain is about the 10 seconds interval coupled with the high amount of health taken. It starts correctly after 20 seconds of undamaged life, if that is what you ask.
  4. Halkesh

Description say the symbiote START gnaw at your health after 20/30 sec, not that it gnaw at your health every 20/30 sec.
    Note that those damage are non-lethal : you'll have at least 1 hp.
    Edit : I should have read your first post more carefully.
  5. Movoza

Seems only like a misread from you IMHO. It doesn't say it'll gnaw every 20 seconds, but only that it'll start. They can clarify the gnawing part, I agree.
    • Up x 2
  6. DarkStarAnubis

True.

Since the gnawing part was not described, I simply assumed it equal to the interval, also because with a 10 seconds rate there is zero incentive to go beyond Level 1.

With a symbiote at Level 1, you will be "half dead" after 70 seconds.
    With a symbiote at Level 5, you will be "half dead" after 80 seconds, so you invest thousands of ISO-4 just to get 10 extra seconds.
  7. JibbaJabba

I kinda expected it to be faster ticks for less health. /shrug.

The point of the implant though: Get it level 5 and go on a ganking rampage with your 20% resist. You're not supposed to take damage from it.

If you lack the skill to maintain constant combat and remain alive then this is simply not the implant for you.
  8. Liewec123

Just out of curiosity, has anyone tested if lasher shot at the ground counts as small arms fire for resetting the countdown?
  9. Pat22

Or even a spiker charged shot?
  10. Liewec123

i did think about that, but the charged shot of spiker deals AV damage, so i didn't think it'd work,
    i did just log in though and test lasher though!
    didn't work.

though i noticed that the symbiote damages a very small amount of HP (totally ignoring shields) and regen implant then heals it right back up in about 2 seconds, so the implant doesn't seem punishing in the slightest.
    still not sure its worth using an implant slot to free up a suit slot (from nanoweave),
    imho implant slots are the more valuable of the two.
  11. Pat22

Have they changed it recently? I haven't really touched sidearms since I've had the ability to replace them with SMGs or Battle rifles so the Spiker might have been modified without my knowing
  12. Liewec123

not recently but within the past year i think :)
  13. Corezer

what's the implant for extra shield at the cost of health called again? anyone tested with that? will it not gnaw cause u only have 100hp or will it gnaw 99 once?
  14. UberNoob1337101

Bionics.
    AFAIK, people who own the implant say that it doesn't kill you and leaves you with 1 health, so you'd be left with 800 shields and 1 health. It's really good with Engineer, ASC and Bionics, as shields both start to regenerate faster and finish regeneration faster, while having more shields than health as well as the 20% small arms resist.
    • Up x 1
  15. Demigan

Factual and helpful information on the PS2 forum? Madness, Madness I tells you!
  16. Corezer

... you're right...

**** THIS PLACE! BURN THIS ***** TO THE GROUND!

*rips up stadium chair and hit's UberNoob with it*