fix the Starfall already

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Rivendell, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. d3c0y

Direct hits with under barrel grenade launcher, been working wonders for me at least.

Fury wraith flash
    AMR-66 with ub grenades
    exp. bolt x-bow
    grenade bandolier(emp's with ub) or nanoweave/flak
    ammo printer and regen.

Been fun on briggs at least.
  2. Movoza

A lot of people talk to their pets and they say it's soothing for them. I think trying to reason with you is like talking to your pet, but suddenly they talk back. It's nonsensical blabbering that you get back and can only serve to frustrate.

Fury and Starfall aren't identical because they have DPS that is similar. They share similar DPS with the Prowler's main cannon that is fully upgraded. Does that make it a fair comparison? No of course not. All are different and better suited for certain situations. The Starfall does exceptionally well in much more AV situations in comparison to the Fury. Your arguments aren't suddenly correct if you ignore rudimentary tactics.
  3. Skraggz

Erm, I have to disagree. If it had a connection to wrath more so than Starfall, I would expect more then 1 for the opposing factions. Starfall has 30x the turnout according to killboards, that's pretty telling.
  4. JibbaJabba

The cloak device on the Flash should be a weapon slot item.

It would solve all cheese problems overnight while still allowing both AV flashes and Stealth insertion flashes.
    • Up x 1
  5. Pacster3

And therefor they are useless against infantry(unlike the fury...which is likely how Demigan did his auraxium). That's how sidegrades work. Situationally better in one thing, worse in an other.

Yeah, or why not take weapons from the flash right away? Then we do the same to harasser and tanks and all is fine. ;-)
  6. JDS999

the mains point here is the cloaking and the quickness in which the starfall releases its payload. change something like this and im fine with starfall
  7. That_One_Kane_Guy

It always puzzled me how they eliminated shotguns and anti-tanks weapons on infiltrators as overpowered yet were perfectly fine with adding both of these to a platform that is faster, can stay cloaked longer, and is practically free to pull.
    • Up x 2
  8. Halkesh

The main thing that make starfall OP is it's on a cloaked flash : nerf wraith cloaking and you'll nerf starfall.
    Main problem about Pillager and Buzzard is they're flash weapon. Give Pillager to a MAX weapon and it become far better. Same for Buzzard if you make it a mana turret or a valkyrie / harasser weapon.
  9. Demigan

Looking at Dasanfall:
    http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/2510

http://stats.dasanfall.com/ps2/item/6004752

The Starfall outperforms the VS Fury massively in vehicle kills per hour.

It also heavily outperforms it in KPH.
    It also outperforms it in KDR...

Gee, and the Fury is supposed to be better at AI than the AV oriented Starfall...? Why cant some people see how a weapon that outperforms another weapon by a large margin is OP and in no way equal?

Also average vehicle KPH for a Fury is 6,3, I got 11
    • Up x 1
  10. Zak Preston

Fix NC maxes first, then we can talk... maybe...
  11. HomicideJack

Hey, that's a great idea actually. Slap these flash guns on a MAX arm and suddenly they're actually interesting.
    • Up x 1
  12. ridicOne

Just so you don't get to carried away the site hasn't been updated since 2016 and your comparing a weapon that has gone through zero changes to one that's seen multiple changes since inception. Since we know how dasanfall works hopefully it's not really a solid way to compare the differences in stats.

But feel free to nerf the starfall it's only screwing with a small portion of the VS faction.
  13. Pacster3

Yeah, it's not like it will really matter. And then we can go back to the threads about TR and NC toys that need a nerf...and that WILL hurt(cause they are actually a real part of the meta). ;-)
  14. iller

Oh is that what that ****ing is???.... I was manning an AA turret the other day and some VS nerd rolled up with his ATV and I was like "Oh great, here comes some d*****bag to try and hack my Turret like I didn't just totally notice him"....

...but he didn't get off it, he stayed on the stupid ATV... and I was like, you can't be serious, what's he gonna do with that??

He starts shooting my Phalanx turret that even most Lightning tanks take a while to kill right?... And I try ignore that purple crap flying at me b/c it's just a stupid ATV right?

...wrong....

In like less than 10 seconds a freakin BASE TURRET was in the red and I had to jump out of it :eek:
  15. Demigan

If it hasnt been updated since 2016 then how did the Starfall get added?

Proof that you were wrong doesnt really matter? And the fact that NC and TR toys arent overperforming VS weapons can also be found. You might for example try something like "but tha Anchor vs Orion!" but if you look at any starter weapon vs bought weapon you'll see that a starter weapon scores significantly lower as everyone has used it. But it doesnt make it a worse gun.

If you also checked Magrider stats and compared it to individual Magrider performance you would find that the Magrider scored only a fraction less in MBT vs MBT combat compared to the Vanguard. People usually go "yargh VS has more experienced players" but if we go to the NS Lightning we suddenly see that the NC scores slightly better with most lightning guna, so the players in the Magrider are either equally skilled or less skilles but still manage to keep up with thr Vanguard?
    Since I calculated that ofcourse the Magriders DPS got buffed above that of the Vanguard and the Vanguard shield got nerfed from the perfect emergency button to an ability that people can easily forcw an activation for, wait it out and then murder the Vanguard...
  16. Movoza

Exactly like talking to your pet.

That a weapon is bad against other things doesn't mean it isn't OP. Old striker was only exceptional against all vehicles in the game and absolute garbage against infantry. I guess that weapon wasn't OP then?

Your views are way too narrow and self serving, a seemingly desperate attempt to cling to your own perspectives. You look at one tiny part of something to ignore or "balance" stuff out. It is why I compare it with discussing to talking pets.

The whole setup is both cheap in certs and nanites, the abilities make it easy to flank (damaged) targets and escape, the gun does a ton of damage in a short time and because it unloads so fast the risks are greatly reduced if compared to the Fury. That makes it exceptionally good against tanks. That diminishes the overall fun people have in NC/TR MBT as they require a lot more investments in certs, nanites, infantry and tactics and are suddenly reduced to rubble by a hard to counter cheap but powerful buggy.
  17. Demigan

You know what? This deserves another response. You've been trying to convince people about how the Fury is supposed to be equal or even slightly better than the Starfall and how the Fury is better at AI work, when I provide proof about how it isn't you immediately go "well it doesn't matter as if we use actualy performance stats NC and TR need a few nerfs". This is an absolutely terrible way to go about your business. You are either lying your butt off when you constantly claim the Fury is similar or your bias is truly that bit, and when you get proven wrong what do you do? Throw even more bias at everything. You've just been proven wrong that your entire view of "oh noes poor Vanu Starfall isn't anywhere near as powerful" and then you want to go into a discussion about other things which definitely aren't more OP than the VS? With the exception of the Prowler who's Barrage pushed it beyond OP but that's a different discussion?
  18. Kristan

Why can't we just go the PS1 way? Cloaked flash - no weapon.

Yet I'd say to counter Starfall you need a second gunner with Vulcan/Mjolnir/Basilisk to watch after your rear armor, because that's where those pesky Vanu attack first. As soon as you lay first bullets their cloak becomes ineffective and you can see them and finish them.
  19. xMeserionx

Its the same cheese level of vulcan harassers, nullifying most armor in the game with the sheer output of damage. If Starfall is gonna get nerfed do the Vulcan harasser while you're at it because the crap is as easily broken as this.
  20. Gutseen

vulcan HARRASERS?! boi, its gonna be dead as soon as its spotted. (1.5/ 2 shots from NC's AP cannon)
    the ONLY place there the Vulcan is used is on Prowlers, and only for 1n way rush attacks

for anything else there is Halberd
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.