MAX units should not receive OS damage at spawn

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by ZDarkShadowsZ, Aug 15, 2018.

1. ZDarkShadowsZ

Whenever players use Orbital Strikes, sometimes they use it against spawn rooms. For regular infantry, you get thrown around the room a little and all's good because you take no damage. MAX units on the other hand get thrown around and up to 3/4 their health is taken of. What happened to spawn protection?
  2. Coliax

Nothing should get dmg in at spawn (unless it is a sundie)
    • Up x 3
  3. SpeedFreakPS0NE

OS, in its present form, was poorly thought out.
    But poorly thought out ideas are usually inline with DBG's current policy of 'throw it at the wall and see if it sticks'.
  4. UrielSeptimIV

If you inside (By the game`s logic inside means that you have something above you) direct damage from OS shouldn`t be applied. The only damage that applied inside is a fall damage when hitting walls or floor on high speed. You can counter this by pressing against the wall.
    [IMG]
  5. Pacster3

Pffff, if you are inside a spawn as MAX and can't find anyone to revive you then that's your problem. Seriously...that's the bottom line of team work...
  6. Eternaloptimist

I got killed inside a spawn room once (not as a Max) It was one with one of those spawn shield windows in the ceiling. I'm OK in other types of spawn room. But I notice that whichever type I'm in, the equipment terminals get destroyed so I just assumed that Maxes are counted as equipment and take damage as well.
  7. ZDarkShadowsZ

No. If you're in spawn, you shouldn't take damage at all, no matter what class you are.
    • Up x 1
  8. Armcross

I like OS killing spawn campers. But sadly there are ways to avoid damage inside that small box.
  9. Silkensmooth

Max units shouldnt exist, but if they must they shouldnt even be allowed inside the spawn room, should have to pull them from vehicle terminal.

No more spawn room bursters!
  10. Maxor

From what I can gather the OS does a specific amount of damage to vehicle based objects (MAXes and terminals) and sidelines the normal invulnerability status of the spawn room. It is possible this is related to the bug that lets C4 do damage to targets below it if placed above a spawn room / teleport room.

Hopefully this can be quickly fixed.
  11. MonnyMoony

I'd be fine with that - as long as in return they get MBT levels of armour, a massive speed buff, don't take small arms fire, get weapons that can OHK ESFs and can no longer be roadkilled.

Spawn room bursters only exist because air is too deadly towards a Max - and the Max has no commensurate way of fighting back.

Make Max AA weapons more deadly, especially at close range, give them better armour against air weapons - and give them a way to evade (something like Max charge again) and i'm sure they'll come out to play.