[Vehicle] why are Harassers so tanky?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by boomchacle, Aug 2, 2018.

1. boomchacle

I get that they should not take one shot to kill, otherwise they would be extremely easy to kill, but hitting a harasser with multiple decimator rounds and an anti vehicle grenade should kill a single harasser.

A harasser has as much health as a Prowler or a Magrider have from their back armor,(5000/2=2500) considering it has 2500 base health, which is able to be increased to 3000 health with composite armor. Composite armor mixed with max rank fire suppression means that the harasser has an effective health of 3360 health, assuming that you fire the fire suppression off when you get damaged and that the 12 percent health that fire suppression gives you comes from the 3000 health of the composite armor. This means that it would take exactly four rounds from a decimator to kill a harasser, while it while it would only take 3 to kill a non vanguard MBT from the back. This is a bit ridiculous in my opinion.remember that harassers have the same base resistances to anti vehicle rockets as tanks do.

factoring in the reload of having to reload a decimator 3 times (not counting the first shot), that leaves an engineer in the back of a harasser about 17 seconds to repair the vehicle, which might increase the shots to kill by one, assuming that the engineer is able to repair 540 health by the time you are able to hit the harasser the fourth time.
    I feel like harassers have way too much survivability for the fastest land vehicle in the game.
  2. adamts01

They're seriously making Harassers even stronger?... What a mistake. They need much stronger guns and much less health.
    • Up x 3
  3. Pacster3

They definitely deserve a health pool nerf. You see it with starfall and fury on flash: The guns are really strong, but if the platform is easily killable it is still more than balanced. Harasser(like tanks vs. infantry) can just take too many hits and that makes farming easy.
  4. Halkesh

I think it's a better idea to change harasser resistance instead of reducing their HP pool, because it mean quicker repair time.

Nerf their resistance to RL to -20 and it will reduce the rocket to kill by 1.
    • Up x 1
  5. AEROCHAOSS

Not to mention that you need four hornets plus a little of the nose gun in a harassar not repairing.
    The resistances are more or less gone, right? With CAI it's only valks, libs and tanks having different resistances.
  6. Halkesh

7. Fishpoke

The harasser is not tanky because the weapon you are using has a terrible TTK.

FYI they already stealth nerfed harasser HP a while ago.
  8. Halkesh

Source ?
    • Up x 1
  9. Robert Patrician

I agree. My outfit can be doing operations (four squads moving in formation across an area), a harasser drives by and despite taking small arms fire from literally forty people at once for a solid 3-4 seconds, it's able to usually run over 2-3 of us and drive away to safety.

How about this for balance, if we can't adjust the health. As a harasser gets damaged, it slows down.
  10. Silkensmooth

Make harasser take 33% damage each time it hits an infantry unit.

I forgot to add harassers running over people in my list of cheese in another thread.
  11. Armcross

no
  12. Twin Suns

Very sTanky like a Sunday and maneuvers like a Flash.

Seriously, who needs a convoy of sTanks when a convoy of harassers does it better? Pair you're N-G driver with a LA and Heavy as passengers and enjoy the Ritz Cheese.

Just saying.
  13. NXR1

Yeah honestly a hit and run buggy shouldn't be able to stand and deliver like they currently do, shot one 3 times with my vanguard and he just bolts before I can even finish reloading for the killing shot.
  14. Silkensmooth

Wasnt asking your opinion.
  15. Peebuddy

I think most of you guys are exaggerating your stories a bit too much on just how tanky harrasers are. Here's a youtuber who's great at driving a harrasser, look at the health bar of the vehicle on the right when he takes hits. A lot of the time a single hit takes off half his hp and a single shotgun flash dealt 2/3 of his hp! He's good because he knows where to engage and when to disengage.

The strength of the harrasser is its speed and the two engineers crewing it, one of which can heal from the back seat. So in order to kill one you need sustained dmg on them, not a lot, because it only takes a few seconds for them to get out and repair to full. Thus giving the illusion that they have a lot of health.
    • Up x 1
  16. Armcross

It's my expression
  17. Mardevian

Da heck are you people on about. Harassers are definitely not too tanky. Soon as you stop you're practically dead. Good harasser pilots are the ones running stealth and staying at range to snipe or to ambush, not composite hurrdurrs charging into armor trains to get instagibbed. Reason they don't die quite as fast against infantry is because usually bunches of infantry caught in the open like that are low BR zergs that don't have a clue what's going on, half don't even shoot at the harry, a quarter is missing, another quarter is shooting their comrades in the back or running away.
  18. Maxor

I think one thing that might alleviate Harassers tankiness a bit would be increasing the amount of damage they take from falling from high places. Its kind of ridiculous to see a harasser get shot up to the point of almost on fire then drive at top speed over a cliff, stick the landing and just drive away until they come back.

While I know hit and run is the Harasser's bread and butter, I don't think they should be able to plummet from the cliffs on Indar and survive that at all. I've found this has led to many harasser drivers to take on more extreme reckless driving practices and less tactical ones.