[Suggestion] NSX Shottogan

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by csvfr, Aug 13, 2018.

1. csvfr

Noticing that there are NSX weapons for almost every primary weapon type, I would still like to see an NSX shotgun.

For those that do not know, NSX weapons have unique traits to them which enable advanced playstyles for the non-noobs. The NSX Naginata for example, an LMG, has no bloom when shooting whilst standing still which gives unprecedented accuracy even under continuous fire. The NSX Daimyo, a sniper, is a cross between bolt-action and semi-auto that kills on headshots but does almost no damage if hitting other parts of the body.

A possible trait for the NSX shotgun may be discussed. Personally I'd like a cross between pump-action and semi-auto shotguns which retains the OHK of pump-actions and the magazine reload mechanic of semi-autos. So it would have the damage profile of the Bruiser/Blackjack/Deimos, but an 8 round magazine which takes 8 seconds to reload. It would support the playstyle of flanking a group of players and OHK them, but since the reload is so long the attacker would either need to get out again, switch to the sidearm, or make sure that all enemies are taken out. That's the compromise for the large magazine size.
  2. LordKrelas

The NSX SMG is a shotgun SMG hybrid
    Just to mention.

Interesting concept though, for a Shotgun that has the advantages of both, for a longer reload time.
    • Up x 1
  3. csvfr

Trait idea #2: Explosive ammo. Similar to the TR battlerifle, anti-materiel rifle, and certain vehicle weapons (Canister, Banshee, Airhammer).
  4. Halkesh

Make it half shotgun, half Chaingun that is great a killing entire room but not so great in a 1vs1.
    • backpack ammo (no magazine, you fire your ammo directly from ammo pool)
    • spin up time (slow RoF at the begining, high RoF at the end)
    • low alpha damage (for a shotgun)
    E.G. :
    Damage 70*6
    Ammo pool 40
    RoF 200-400 (after 2.5 sec spin-up)
    • Up x 1
  5. Rydenan

If it could unload like a semi-auto, it would absolutely melt MAXes. As much as I dislike MAXes, it still seems like it would be unfair to them. ;)

I'd love to see a super-heavy shotgun that fires a TON of pellets and does massive damage, but has a large spread and very slow rechamber time. It would be massive overkill for a single infantryman, but you could pepper a group of tightly-packed enemies with it to soften them up for your allies.
  6. Demigan

We finally have a flamethrower... Except for higher skill requirement this weapon hits all the bases for an NSX weapon.

Perhaps do it something more like the NSX sniper: two shots, tube loaded, only 3 or 4 pellets but with great damage (200 each?) and only a small spread. With a headshot you can potentially OHK at shorter ranges. Due to the spread and the usual damage falloff the weapon remains short-ranged. Perhaps if you ADS you automatically fire slug ammo. The trade-off is obvious: shotguns normally have huge magazines and damage per magazine, this weapon would have only two shots and if you dont aim dead-center and the spread causes pellets to miss you are boned... Which is perfect for an NSX weapon.
  7. Maxor

IIRC the Daimyo was supposed to be a shotty early on in concept. Still wondering what went wrong that they went with a sniper.

Most of the ideas posted so far sound pretty interesting. I think as long as it fits the NSX style of rewarding headshots and punishing otherwise it would make for an interesting shotgun.
  8. NXR1

Id prefer them to not ruin the TR faction flavor more than they already have with an NS weapon for every ES unique weapon TR has.