Thoughts on the Symbiote Implant?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by DarkStarAnubis, Aug 18, 2018.

1. DarkStarAnubis

It is an alternative NW armor, with the drawback it "eats" health periodically if you do not get damage. It looks interesting because it frees the suit modification slot for other purposes so one can have combos like:

NW (Implant) + Flak Armor
    NW (Implant) + ASC
    NW (Implant) + Flight suit
    ... and so on.

The drawback of eating health can be easily resolved: a Biolab in the continent will regen health, using a Regeneration Implant, being a Medic.
  2. Sazukata

Does Symbiote protect the head? (I haven't played in a couple weeks)
  3. DarkStarAnubis

According to a Reddit thread it does not. Basically behaves like NW in terms of stacking and protection.
  4. breeje

the symbiote implant dos not stack with nanowave armor, how is it working ?
    if it would stack it would be 100% health + 20% nanowave = 120% + 20% symbiote = 142% total ?
    but it dos not stack so is it 100% health + 20% nanowave + 20% symbiote, both adding to the 100% health 140% total?
    or do we get 120% health in total while only adding symbiote and neglecting nanowave ?
    maybe a stupid question but can someone explain this to me, thanks
  5. UberNoob1337101

When it comes to resistances, the highest percent applies and others don't.

For example, you have Nanoweave and Symbiote

Nanoweave gives you 20% small arms resistance.
    Symbiote gibes you 20% small arms resistance.

If you equip both, you'll only have 20% small arms resistance, benefits don't stack, so it's always 100% + [insert highest percent here] when it comes to effective health.

Now, the implant itself doesn't seem that useful. I could see some great synergy with say, Lasher HA, Archer Engineer and lots of other builds with weapons that have small-ish AoE damage so you can plink yourself for minature damage and avoid the health chew for minimal effort. But on Medic I think this would be pretty weak, Carapace+Combat Surgeon+Nanoweave medics rule as the best non-HA head-on fighters, Symbiote medics would probably play more with Grenade Bandolier as support+combat effectiveness, could be good but I'm skeptical.

The health damage seems to be 50 every 6-8 seconds, way too fast to be out-healed by Nano Regen for long. I suppose this will be a thing for very aggressive play-styles, which while fun are also quite weak at the moment. Not to forget, Regeneration only works if your health pool doesn't take any damage for 10 seconds, too slow for the symbiote damage-dealing unless you only receive shield damage.

Kinda complicated, limited synergy, doesn't beat the existing top-tier implant picks, good benefit with a terrible hard to control downside, might play with it on a few gimmick builds, I'll just stick with Battle Hardened and Safe Fall on everything.
    • Up x 1
  6. DarkStarAnubis

Symbiote is bugged now.

I have a Symbiote level 3 that should gnaw health every 25 seconds but it does that every 10 seconds. The amount of health taken should be 100 since a Regen 4 (35 health per sec) takes approx. 3 seconds to restore it.