Does anyone know EXACTLY how long the AFK timer is? please? PLEASE? :))

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Aug 17, 2018.

1. Inzababa

I googled, and it's been asked before, in 2014 ...

Basically, if I'"m playing for hours and hours, like, almost all day, and an alert starts, and we own all the map, like 70% or something stupid.

I really can't be bothered fighting 4 poor random guys in the spawnroom while herds of harrassers and lightnings try to get as close as they can blah blah you know the drill.

But, I did play for many hours and TRYHARD (in the good way, ie, I actually succeeded in most of the things I was trying) to contribute to get territory etc.

So I really feel like once the alert started, I deserve a little relax time, but I dont' want to be watching a movie and get disconnected from the game, until the Alert ends, I have to move or do something in game every so often (I DONT KNOW WHE?N????) to reset the AFK timer.

Question --> how long is that timer? (and are you facking sure :p)

that way, I set an alarm every 14 minutes or whatever, move or redeploy, and back to the movie :)

thanks !
  2. Inzababa

for those who also want to know, I can at least tell you that it's more than 10 minutes, as alt tabbing back in game, moving a bit, and alt tabbing to Netflix every 10 mins works and doesn't get me disconnected !
  3. Aitchkay

Any movement prevents AFK kick. Go to a base deep behind the front lines. Find a corner. Turn on autorun. Never get kicked.
    • Up x 3
  4. JibbaJabba

haha really? That's awesome. Work in the warpgate?
  5. Inzababa

o
    Ohmygod....

WHY DID I NOT THINK OF THAT!!!!!

(especially as what I'm currently doing mostly is moving every 10.. I'm so stupid lol)

Thanks !
  6. PoopDatGame OUT!

get 2 monitors.
  7. Halkesh

It must depend on server/faction population : if there are plenty guy in purgatory/queue, the server will kick AFK people faster. I've no idea about the exact timer, tho.
    • Up x 1
  8. Pacster3

I wouldn't believe everything people say... ;-)
    • Up x 1
  9. Inzababa

I will assemble a scientific experiment in order to acertain the verity of the theorem!
  10. Inzababa

I just checked that, and after auto running for a while, I alt tabbed back into the game to find that I had been disconnected.

DOES NOT WORK
  11. PlanetBound

It doesn't work for me.
  12. Inzababa

by the way, someone mentioned that the timer was dynamic, I think that could be true as on the last alert, I tabbed back into the game every 10 mins and I didn't get disconnected.

However a short time (maybe 20?) before the end of the Alert, when I tabbed in as usual after 10 mins, I was disconnected :/