Orbital Strike is forcing players' hands

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Friendlee, Jul 28, 2018.

1. Liewec123

While I totally agree that OS should never have been made usable on lattice bases ( it was designed for nuking enemy player-made bases.)
    On Cobalt the number of people farming with this lameness has gone waaay down,
    In the first week there was an OS relay in every space that they could fit in, expect 3-4 around your base!
    Now fortunately there aren't too many, I still think it sucks,
    But I can tolerate it now that the base isn't getting nuked every 2 mins...

I do still strongly think that they should have chosen to make construction more about roadblocks than OS.
    Construction is a system that doesn't really have a place, so now they're trying to force it into the meta,
    And OS on lattice bases was the wrong way to do it.

If a vehicle comes along you can simply pull a heavy or LA and deal with it,
    Good luck trying that for an OS base with AI turrets and pain field etc...
    A vehicle takes minimal effort to counter, OS farmers take a whole heap of effort to eliminate.
    I once spent 5 minutes firing my fully certed AV turret into an OS relay, killed the owner about 5 times,
    Eventually he killed me,
    You shouldn't need to spend 10-15 minutes to counter one dude.

I agree with you that people QQing about vehicles should just pull a heavy or LA and boom,
    But against OS farmers it is entirely different, eliminating them takes a great deal of time and effort,
    and most people (me included) just want to play planetside 2, the base capping game.
  2. UrielSeptimIV

Because they nerfed it.
    You can actually hide from OS in the buildings without dying.
  3. Corezer

Back capping forces a player's hand too, so does the enemy redeploying to a different lane, etc.

if something counters whatever you're doing, you are forced to move to a new location, or address the counter to resume normal gameplay.

There are micro counters and macro counters in the game. Macro have been mentioned in that they cannot be addressed without changing location, no matter what way you're playing the game. Micro's can be addressed on site with a change in gameplay, such as pulling a burster max, c4 ferrying, etc.

This is planetside 2. Keep calm and respawn.
    • Up x 1
  4. Sprant Flere-Imsaho

Take out orbital strikes, or just the whole construction thing. I hate the fact that I have to wait in a queue because some dork is building a fort and not playing the game.
  5. Corezer

it would be quicker and easier to remove your character than an entire system used by thousands...

we get it, u don't like fortnite, go play pubg.
    • Up x 1
  6. Liewec123

well that sounds nice...so glad they did that,
    it would be a shame if i spent 450 on a max and got oneshot indoors by some guy nuking a base...
    [IMG]
    oh wait.
  7. Tvayumat

Bad luck. OS may toss you around a bit inside but since the change I've never had one kill me when I was indoors and more than a few feet away from an open door.
    • Up x 1
  8. UrielSeptimIV

1. You need to press against the wall to avoid fall damage (Works every time for me).
    2. To restore 450 nanites you need to wait only 9 minutes. In this period of time, no one forces you to leave the game or stand in AFK. If nanites were to be actively collected (Like cortium for example), that would be another matter.
    If you have lived more than 9 minutes, MAX has fully paid for itself.
  9. Liewec123

9 minutes without any grenades, c4 or medkits, just to get oneshot by a guy with a nuke.
  10. UrielSeptimIV

This guy spent ~50 min to setup a nuke and a lot of boring cortium harversting probably without kill or good xp count (Harvesting and ressuplying are overrated, I have better score/h as an engi).
    On the other hand you done nothing to earn these nanites other than just walking on auraxis. There is no effort in nanite earning.
    This is not even comparable.
    • Up x 1
  11. Tvayumat

Nine minutes you spent not reacting to the big, ominous, growing circle plainly visible on the map and minimap allowing an orbital strike relay to encompass your position.

Hmmm...
    • Up x 1
  12. Fishpoke

It's nice to see a charging indicator was added to OS. It's nice to return and see OS actually in use several times per day instead of once every few weeks you'd see one.
  13. Friendlee

100% agree.
    They should ask players to vote Constr up or down imo.
  14. Friendlee

Homework assignment: Re-read my post.
  15. HomicideJack

I've played both PCside and Consolside, and believe fellas, you'd much rather put up with those orbital strikes than the plethora of lag wizards on the PS4. Seems like every single day there's more and more out of region players breaking the game. Why, even last night I killed a person and their damage didn't occur to me until a good half second after their death - which almost killed me, mind you.

Seriously, be grateful with what you have.
    And not to derail the thread, use teamwork to dismantle enemy bases. It's simple, my dudes.
  16. VeryCoolMiller

Orbital strike is the only tool to get rid of crowded max rooms. The alternative is a max crash... another boring thing to organize , realize. This game need more counter...

The next counter we need is to check infiltrators, that are proliferating without control lately.
  17. Doc Jim

1. Learn to dance, the ladies like it, snipers don't.
    2. Bring a flashlight.
  18. VeryCoolMiller

flashlight ok... help a bit but reveal your position
    the dance thing is a ********... infiltrators have plenty of automatic weapons nowadays...
  19. Toumal

OP has posted the biggest confirmation that OSes work (except for some minor issues and tweaks).

"You force me to deal with them" - Good! That was the point!
    You're mad because an OS kills you in your max? How about getting shotgunned by a reaver? Or getting mass-attacked by NC shooting Phoenixes from the safety of their spawn, as they usually do? Heck, you can't even do anything about those guys in the spawn, but you CAN do something against OSes!

I'm glad PS2 added gameplay for support-oriented players. If you want Planetside to be a game about just shooting at dudes, then there might be other options that are better suited for you.

I can only imagine how you would've moaned about PS1. Back then you didn't even have to build a base, wait for 15 minutes, keep the nanites topped up AND defend it during the whole time.
  20. Silkensmooth

I absolutely hate orbital strikes.

I said it was a horrible idea before they implemented it and as Sean Connery once said to Barbara Walters, I haven't changed my opinion.

It seems as though the majority of the devs, or whichever one is in charge really likes cheesy game mechanics, as there are so many of them.

HESH.

Invisible guys with lock-ons everywhere.

Rocket pods.

Spawn room warriors.

Snipers.

Stalker infs.

Heavy shields.

C4.

Vehicle zergs with no counter.

So much cheese thats so easy to fix.

And now possibly the king of cheese, some guy who cant even see you presses a button and if you are in the wrong place you just die.

So fun /SARC.