Rep Nade's/Spam

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Kdog559, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Kdog559

I was at a amp station with 2 platoons taking it from TR and both gen's were down to get into the base. This one guy literally goes up on top of the amp station and on the side bridges to throw a rep nade on top of the gen's roof only for it to start self repairing. He was no where in sight for me to kill or prevent him from repairing the gen with the rep nade.I find that it's BS for someone to stop 2 platoons by simply just walking out of the spawn and just throw rep nades at the building that gen is in. Not even inside the doorway there was no rep nade. It was on top or on the wall outside.We need rep nade's to do the purpose of repairing what it is stuck to,Not a aoe type of rep nade. Maybe make 2 rep nades? One for self heal with more rep or another with aoe heal with less rep effect.
  2. FateJH

If the generators were down, why wasn't there anyone on the capture point? (I am assuming the Amp Station you are talking about is one of those one-point bases since the shields being up would be an issue in that case.) If there were people on the capture point, you weren't stopped.
  3. Sazukata

That sounds like really clever play to me.
    • Up x 1
  4. Kdog559

Well they were people inside when they rushed the amp station with gds sundies and they ended up getting trapped in their on point while we had to keep on getting the gen's down again. When one goes down the other goes right back up.
  5. Doc Jim

Edit: I hadn't read the last post.

Well, GSD is the way to go, you just have to keep it up. Have more than one person per squad on Sunderer duty to bring in replacements for when the other Sundies get blasted.

As for your original post, the problem here is not the repair grenade, it is the design of the old AMP stations, they are too easy to lock down regardless of whether repair grenades are used or not. rushing both generator rooms and repairing as much as possible with the tool is almost as good for foiling an attack.
  6. NXR1

Its hard to aim grenades in this game, so good on him for learning how to do something that benefits the team.
  7. LaughingDead

2 things

1. If you see a guy do this, give up on keeping the generators down. It’s kinda ******** we can’t rocket launcher to keep them damages but whatever.

2. At that point, you GSD the base and put the sunderer’s bum to the shield. This both help prevents people fron rocketing it from the spawn shields by forcing them to be more exposed and also allows other players to enter the sunderer from the outside and exit it on the inside of the base.

Really not sure why we can’t decon a gen though, seriously, that’s a requirement in a lot of bases, I even feel like they could’ve possibly kept subterranean nanite if they just made generators have more counters or more interactions that limit them.
    • Up x 1
  8. JibbaJabba

I'm a heavy rep grenade user. Emergency harasser stuff, Max crashes, etc..

I also use them to repair generators. Getting one tossed into the room as you try to push in is pretty standard. It's a hard tactic to counter but that's too bad. :p

BUT - They should not rep through walls (or ceilings in this case). I agree that's a bad mechanic.
    • Up x 1
  9. DeadlyOmen

People crying about creative gameplay proves that this game is light=years ahead of the players.