a TR a NC and a VS walk into a bar. They talk about population and discover :

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Aug 5, 2018.

1. Inzababa

that on each of their screen, the population information provided on the map is different by 5% or more !

on the VS screen VS has 29% but on the TR screen vs has 34%

I know pop information isn't accurate, can be laggy and so on, but wtf ? Such a big difference?

So basically all VS and all TR and all NC looking at the population info on their map are all looking at different figures, figures that differ by more than a little ...

I mean 5% difference, thats a lot, that's not inaccurate, that's just messed up if you ask me.

I've been playing for a long time, and this is the first time I realise this as I was chatting to "the enemy" during a boring fight.

Honestly, what is up with that?
  2. csvfr

For all intents and purposes, the same discrepancy could hold between anyone, even from the same faction.
  3. Inzababa

sure, but as you might be inclined to agree, when playing with your friends, or outfits, or random squad, whatever, a group of people from the same faction with which you communicate, it's never happened..

Every time I was in an outfit or platoon or squad and we're talking on teamspeak or whatever, and we talk about the pop, we all got the same pop, we've always had the same pop on our screens.

What a weird thing, to have such a big difference in figures that varies according to the faction? I can't get my head round that..
  4. csvfr

There was this one time I saw a fellow NC complaining about the VS pop in yell chat. When I checked the pop on my screen there was a 3 - 4% difference or so.

Edit: or it might have been the VS who stated the numbers, I'm not exactly sure

Edit2: No I'm pretty sure it was the VS who stated the numbers, so guess you are right. However the instance I witnessed was in the local facility population. The VS said "I will redeploy since we are zergin you with 91% pop" or something like that, and the VS only had 88% or so on my screen
  5. PlanetBound

Could be people flying over.
  6. Inzababa

this is world pop...

5% (or more or less) difference in world pop on your screen depending on whether your TR or NC or VS .....
  7. csvfr

Should set out to prove it by logging in to two accounts on the same time, record it, and post on youtube
  8. DrPapaPenguin

It's probably infiltrators :p