[Suggestion] JUMP MONKEY, JUMP!

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Liewec123, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Liewec123

[IMG]
    seriously guys, get rid of this c%%p...

i just had to jump through about 10 of these mother f%%king hoops,
    i am not your monkey, i won't be jumping again, if this c%%p is staying, i won't be.
    hell i'll go to the real PS2 forums, Reddit...

i understand that an unused forum (with about 5 active members) for a 6 year old game
    is the ultimate target for advertising bots (not...)

but you seriously need something better than this.
    • Up x 1
  2. FateJH

I think you missed a part of the sign.
    • Up x 2
  3. Liewec123

that was the 8th hoop i'd jumped through, can't say i was paying the upmost attention by that point.
    its ridiculous jumping through hoops to log into a barren forum for an old game.

also i dont think it counts a box with the very edge of the sign as a box with the sign.
    the boxes are usually quite obvious.
  4. TR5L4Y3R

... personally never had a problem with this stuff ...

bs like "i gained 1200 bucks in one week" like twice or more per thread however .. yea f.. that ...
  5. chamks

wtf is that? never encountered this add game
  6. Roxxlyy Community Relations

This is Google's standard reCaptcha software, which can be found on a variety of websites across the internet; we don't develop it.

It's used to prevent automated software from performing harmful activities on our forums - like creating massive amounts of spam. It's an incredibly helpful tool that we've implemented, and it's not going anywhere.
  7. UrielSeptimIV

This minigame still better than this BS
    [IMG]
    • Up x 5
  8. Campagne

Hate it. Not mean for these forums, given the low traffic we get. Think I might have read somewhere it's for the other, more popular forums hosted by DBG.

Annoying, but UrielSeptim is right. Better than trying to read that mess.
    • Up x 1
  9. Sazukata

It pretty much never bothers me with this. And when it does, I've never done more than 3 pictures.

It seems to me like it only does the pictures when I go for the checkbox too fast. Take your time and do more "human" movements.
    • Up x 1
  10. Gen.Drake61

if i may,your talking about spam bots,and if im not mistaken,its used to prevent a bot from logging in with a stolen or fraudulent username and password or bogusly created account made for the sole purpose of spamming a website,etc?correct me if im wrong on the technical details,but i have never had a problem with these security implementations,if i mess up i just have to redo the capatch again and reenter my login info, simple as that,i use it with my google all the time,along with 2 factor authentication apps.
    • Up x 1
  11. Roxxlyy Community Relations

Yup, you got it!
  12. PoopDatGame OUT!

Guess the game is old because they dont have part 3456789.. 10 by now huh?
    i see a chocobo with dragon ball Z hair bout to F up some dude with a big nose.
  13. The Rogue Wolf

I only ever get the "I am not a robot" checkbox. What determines which sort of Captcha someone gets?
  14. FateJH

Whether you can convince the backend that you'd not a robot. In general, organic mouse movements, slight delays between data insertion, and so forth. If you tab-type-tab-type-tab ... quickly, you'll look suspicious and be subject to the captcha. For example, I always "forget" to hit the checkbox the first time I enter my credentials and I find that creates enough of a gap that passes the hidden Turing test.

The captcha type is probably decided by the captcha provider. Everyone here seems to get car and sign recognition tests.