[Suggestion] Option to report Planetside 2 teamkillers on ps4

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Gen.Drake61, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Gen.Drake61

Hi,as of currently there is a huge problem with toxic team killing on the s4 veraion of planetside 2,and no way of reporting teamkillers(only the report player name) who suddenly no reason tk you,was just in a game as a prowler where this guy blows up my tank and when i try to defend my self from the tking,by blowing up his tank with a rocket and tried to kill him,my weapons got disabled(i dont like tking but i will defend myself if i have to),as soon as i kill him i switch on my mic,and tell him to stop and he starts using racial slurs and other things that arent so savory and claiming that trump will kill me,his squad kept reviving me and tking me,ended up having to turn off my ps4 just to log off,i got so frustrated an angry afterwards,ive even had someone who was tking just because people were just standing around having fun and i tell him if he tries to tk me i would rip him a new one in game,(he broke his controller aganst the floor and claimed i owed him a new one because i stood up for the other players,ive since blocked him on psnanyway,i know the pc version has this feature but not the ps4 version,are you going to implement this feature,because as of planetside 2 on ps4 in its current state,it needs it badly. I will also be requesting this feature on the request and bug tracker website for planetside 2.
  2. Vulpecula07

I feel for you, this must be a terrible experience.
    So many lunatics.
    Although I don't think PC has this feature yet.
  3. Roxxlyy Community Relations

You can report them by opening up a ticket with CS at help.daybreakgames.com.
  4. Soldier2765

Is not working
  5. Gen.Drake61

I understand that,but the pc version already has a report teamkill function in it, like this example:
    However console is different from pc,and honestly it does need report function for teamkilling,and/or harrassme,all there a report player name,which im assuming is only for inappropriate character names,even dcuo has a report function,it s too much of a hassle for console players go to a seperate website while in game,when a report could be sent directly to the moderation team,from the game client itself,anyway i put it in as a feature request on the bug tracker,also,your system only has up to ps4 live version 1.18 on the bug tracker,whats up with that,the most recent version of the ps4 client is 1.55?
  6. LaSouris

It's genuinely too much effort to try and get people banned on PS4, it requires so much effort by so many people. I only know of 3 people who have been banned, one of them temporarily, and the guy with the temp ban hadn't even done anything wrong, one of the permabanned guys had made a new account, got mad at the other guy, and got all his friends to report him for cheating.

How the hell you cheat on PS4 is beyond me.
  7. Gen.Drake61

not really,ccp games that made the game dust514 on ps3 had a game mode in thier ps3 game called planetary conquest,where you could battle for controll of a planet that an opposing corp owned,well members from other corps often had their members make alts so they could apply for the enemy corp as a spy and saboteur,well when the battle started these spies began teamkilling while the other corp Just sat back and laughed/taunted us,it got so bad that they removed the friendly fire off of the game entirely,and eventually planetary conquest,which led to a mass harrassment of devs and a ddos ever chrismas for the day when it was taken down,eventually ccp was forced to close down the game permanently,unfortunately they never caught the people responsible for the ddos.a few bad apple essentially got in the game and destroyed an entire community,however ultmately i understand that f2p games dont last long because of issues like described above which as ccp said is part of the challenges of mmo games and in my opinion mmo fps games in general.
  8. LaSouris

How is that relevant?
    • Up x 1
  9. Gen.Drake61

Basically toxicity can lead to the destruction of a good gaming community and video game,ccp had to shut the game down because of this,this is the reason i feel it needs an in-game report function,before history repeats itself on the console,and i do not want to see my replacement for dust destroyed by things like this,but at the same time theres nothing you can really do about this.
  10. LaSouris

In game reporting makes it way too easy to report people you don't like, and honestly, in my opinion, a system where bans are given out by reports is bad, it's so open to exploitation by the toxic people you're trying to prevent. At least with the current system, it's an effort to do so.

Besides, a few toxic elements of the community (who just make a new PSN whenever they get banned) isn't the reason this game is dying.
  11. Sazukata

Sabotaging a Planetary Conquest match was part of the game (players referred to it as awoxing). As a game taking place in the Eve Online universe, player-driven drama and whatnot was part of the IP.

And no, friendly fire was never removed at any point. Planetary Conquest stayed until the end as well, so I have no idea what you're on about.

They shut the game down because it was on a dying platform and couldn't be developed much further due to hardware limitations and terrible base code. The playerbase being so tiny didn't exactly help keep things afloat.
    • Up x 1
  12. Gen.Drake61

how do I login with my psn at this website?or do I have to use a pc version account?
  13. Gen.Drake61