ETA on Construction System for PS4?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Cryhavoc12, May 6, 2016.

1. Cryhavoc12

The Release of the Construction system for PC is nice and everything, but anyone have any clue when we should expect to get the Construction system update on Ps4? I'm mainly asking for myself, my friends and fellow Outfit members who are eager to enjoy this great new update to our beloved game.

Any information on this would be highly appreciated!
  2. Ryme_Intrinseca

Never, hopefully.
    • Up x 1
  3. LaSouris

Oooh, now what makes you say that? I'm REALLY enjoying construction and I don't even have an outfit to build with on PC, so it'll be so much better with my PS4 outfit
  4. Ryme_Intrinseca

When I want to shoot things I play PS2, when I want to build things I play Cities Skylines. If they let me build stuff like this in PS2 I might be interested, but a couple of walls doesn't really cut it.
  5. Metrack12

Rumors say probably in june/july
  6. Neo3602

you know you don't have to use the construction system right?
    • Up x 1
  7. Shiaari

Wait. What?
  8. Ryme_Intrinseca

Yes but then you're just playing an FPS with ridiculously imbalanced maps. No thanks.
  9. LaSouris

They're not that ridiculously imbalanced, the player built bases are initially skewed toward the defenders, yes, but when you attack a base you stop enemy ANTs from getting to the base, they run out of cortium and the base falls, classic siege. Most bases are made around HIVEs anyway, so you don't even have to fight at these bases if you don't want to
  10. Ryme_Intrinseca

Well, what do you think is likely to be more balanced:

1. A base designed by devs as a fun sandpit for defender and attacker alike
    2. A base designed by the defender to maximize their ability to farm the attacker

Sure, eventually resources will run dry but in the mean time you have a hopelessly one-sided 'fight'.
  11. LaSouris

They're not as one sided as one might think. Some good coordination and you can take down most player built bases. Right now, Lancers, Prowlers and Phoenixes are really useful at taking out these bases.

It's not like the devs have got rid of all the bases in the game and it's just minecraft with guns, you still have to fight at the normal bases. This just adds another level of gameplay and adds a lot more variety of fights, rather than the stale ones you get now.

If you don't like construction, don't fight at player made bases or build them, stick to your normal bases. Besides, don't knock it until you try it, I was uncertain when it was announced, but I've been playing with it and it's REALLY fun, I think it's something the PS4 outfits really need
  12. Cryhavoc12

i whole heartedly agree with LaSouris's last post ^ , and thank you to everyone who has commented so far, and my outfit and I cant wait for june/july then :D! Also, i was wondering if any PC players have more positive thoughts on the construction system so far?
  13. Cryhavoc12

also i cant fault you for wanting to be creative, but i think the Victory Point system, and what ive seen of the Construction System looks really up mine, and my outfits alley! Thanks for your opinion though.
  14. AxiomInsanity87

It takes a valk or gal and 4 people who don't give a **** about dying to destroy everything within a 100 ish metre radius.

I wouldn't worry about it ;)
    • Up x 2
  15. Valthis78

Sure the bases the devs made are much more balanced, thats why half of Indar just had to be redone and others like Iknam, Subterranean Nanite etc are so great.
  16. Ryme_Intrinseca

So your solution to accidental imbalance is intentional imbalance? It's like running a road safety campaign telling people to deliberately crash.
  17. Steffie035

Wel I think you guys shud make it your first task to bring the building update online on ps4 we are waiting for it so long and you are losing alot players in the ceres server to be onest because we are waiting so long the game get bored it's not fair pc get more stuf then us
  18. Twin Suns

Watching the "crafting generation" having to leave their Tool Belts at the PS4 FPS door. Priceless.

Nothing but gun game allowed over here. That's the reason I don't play PS2 on my PC.

Not a fan of Crafting in a FPS.
  19. TR5L4Y3R

i heavily doubt construction as it is will make the experience on ps4 any better .. in fact contruction on pc struggles since its inception to find its place in PS2 ... so before dbg brings construction to ps4 they need to iron it out further on PC first ..
    not to forget that construction has a clear impact on perforamnace .. something you don´t want to be included if having only a halfased purpose to metagameplay ..
    • Up x 1
  20. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're not actively working on bringing the Construction system to PS4 - it would take some massive and time-consuming overhauls to allow it to run properly, and that simply isn't something we have room on the books for right now.