[Suggestion] To: Developers. I don't know how to fix Double Teaming against NC on Emerald

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Destroyer0370, Jul 26, 2018.

1. Destroyer0370

Not always, but most of the time i guess. Whether alert or not. Granted other ones, Vanu and TR, can get double team as well(with or without alert and even if they are losing alert), still as said it is mostly NC on Emerald.

I propose some kind of engagement mechanic to go in place. i.e. If a faction winning the alert, regardless of time/time remaining, and they are not being attacked(each enemy faction player not in closeby allied territory and/or in their territory), then the game calculate who/which faction is being engaged the most, and that helps determine the winner+territory control when alert is up.

Not a fully thought out idea, you can refine if you thing is has merit developers.
  2. chamks

not only in emarald. in miller the vanu and tr are double teaming us for the last few months. its ok.. i get it... it is because of the nc nature.. the hard hitting weapons with good accuracy that requires more handling and "ill do it myself" mentality makes it more fun to fight the nc. the nc weapons are fun to use, but are bringing with it more individuality, which is easier to take down.
    rather than fight the fast firing, oiled machine, team work tr. or the ppa that can explode infantry with large radius, accurate less recoil weapons..
  3. Blam320

On Connery, Vanu seem to get double-teamed the most. Probably because we have TWC and possibly the highest pop of non-USA players. Then we get double-teamed whenever we have the lowest pop, which seems to be a regular occurrence over the summer months.
  4. Movoza

On Miller I see the tables turning regularly, each being double teamed or just having low pop. I can imagine it can feel like your faction is being double teamed constantly, but I think it isn't as bad as you might think.

There are improvements in the work to spread out the population further. Fights with 96+ will not allow spawns, fights that are unbalanced will not allow spawns/will increase the respawn timer, more favourable spawning locations where there is need, so you can spawn there more easily and faster. That kind of thing.
  5. BorgUK1of9

On Miller pops on general at 24VS 38NC 38TR and VS get double teamed a lot as we are easy targets.
    When PS1 had been established for a few years we saw double teaming a lot too it comes with the game type.
  6. JibbaJabba

There has *got* to be a favorite to fight. Things are just about as equal as they can get but it's impossible to be perfect. It just so happens NC is that favorite for slightly more folks. /shrug.

On Emerald there is also a lot of self inflicted damage. The leadership on NC Emerald, particularly among some of the mega outfits lacks understanding of "diplomacy" and will invite a double team. For the leaders on NC Emerald that do understand this concept it's particularly frustrating as we have to deal with the fallout of others stupid decisions.

As an example I'll see them attack the territory next to a TR or VS warpgate when it makes no strategic sense to do so. It invites an immediate retaliation from that faction when they might have otherwise been ignoring NC.

If you see your leadership doing stuff like this, speak up!

Otherwise best suggestion I can give: 1. Don't let it get to you. Find a good local fight and roll with it. Don't worry about how the rest of the map looks. 2. Wait. The double teaming will shift due to alerts and such, but also shifts as the hour of the day changes. Different crowds come on at different times. That TR/VS outfit that was running ops when the dumbasses at NC attacked their warpgate will eventually have ops end and disperse.
    • Up x 2
  7. JibbaJabba

As for game changes to help with this. here's an idea: Make the reward for base captures change depending on the amount of territory held by each faction.

If you are pressed into a corner with little territory, you'll get big rewards for any capture.

If you have lots of territory, and capture a base from a faction that has little territory, you'll get very little XP at all.
    • Up x 8
  8. KupoRU

Is there any proof of what you said? Just one example in six months, when did this happen? And you can't provide that because you're lying.
  9. AlcyoneSerene

If NC really is, here's some thoughts:

My perception of NC is they have more nonsense in terms of gear like Mjolnir (whose recent nerf is still to be determined), NC Scatmax with or without slug ammo, shielded tank that auto wins close engagements if it's up, lots of C4 use against everything (the recent nerf has helped, but indirectly buffed NC Max), infantry seemingly soaking up more damage than TR, lots of mines, lots of taunting, more loud-mouthing during ridiculous overpops, lots of team killing (I see this now as NC kill their own to kill me), the completely unappealing aesthetics, and having consistently higher population but not by much or not very often as TR is also about equal.

Most of that listed isn't the NC player's fault. It is in the design decision, and they can be adjusted. In sum, that makes me unlikely to want to play and fight for NC as I do for VS & TR, but much more likely to attack NC, and exclusively still on TR.

I see a lot of non-existent team work on TR side, or questionable command decisions like random vehicular zerging.

VS side has the lowest population, and can dive at any point, meaning to survive or have any chance VS has to play it right and play the point.

Combine all that, how TR tend to play, what VS is forced to do, player perception (I listed mine), and maybe this fills in some piece of the puzzle.
  10. Towie

I like this idea - although it would probably benefit the lowest pop faction more than preventing the double-teaming. However the concept of variable reward is definitely something that DBG could / should use to create a more even fight for everyone.

Now double-teaming is frequent and incredibly frustrating for the 'target' (the extended alerts have really not helped) - it's risky trying to grab a lot of territory to start an alert as that invariably makes you the target of the double-team. Thing is - i'm betting that more often than not, the initial target continues to be the target for the entire alert and so ends up with the least territory.

So DBG need to consider a situation with often uneven populations that is attractive enough for the underpop while dissuading the double-team element, providing balanced fun for all. Fair to say we're a long way from that (possibly further than ever before).
  11. chamks

no im not, you are lying
  12. KupoRU

Show me where the double team is against vanu?[IMG]
  13. Towie

Well one picture doesn't exactly tell the whole story does it.

All it shows is that VS have equal-highest population with TR on a continent where an alert has only just started - so if this is Emerald (you don't state) where TR tends to have the largest pop, followed by NC then some distance behind it's VS, did you take a picture of the 'other' continent ?

I'm guessing it would surely show equal & high TR and NC populations and a non-existant VS population. Would also be interested to see how the Amerish alert ended; 1.5 hours is a loooong time (far too long if you ask me).

Whatever - it doesn't change things - double-teaming definitely happens and DBG needs to address this and the widening population issue.
  14. Oleker2

As Jibba said... Main issue is some leaders on public platoons being straight up idiots. In frequest cases last weekend (28/07 ~ 30/07) we saw platoon leaders tunnel visioning on a underpop push on 3-point bases, prioritize low lands checkpoint with 96+ while loosing indar comm, lack of coordination and a lot of really bad shooters pilled up in a full platoon trying to push a room full of maxes.

To top it all off, some situations that hint someone spying on NC platoons. On saturday we had 2 leaders on command chat coordinating a push on VS. And VS moving dozens of galaxies before they even start an attack. Literally about 30 seconds after the leaders agreed to push paliside on command chat, 96+ VS dropped from gals there, while the leaders just began to redeploy their man.
    • Up x 2
  15. Towie

Regulation 46A: "If communications are being monitored during battle...no uncoded messages on an open frequency"
  16. FateJH

"Why is Command Channel just a lot of loud knocking sounds tdoay?"
  17. Movoza

It might feel like it's happening more to you, but psychologically you're wired to notice these bad things more. That's why it's easy to get a wrong perspective.

Even so, the devs are doing stuff. They want limiters on fights, so people will get more spread out. It won't always reduce double teaming, but if fights have more substance against the other double teaming, they'll more likely go there.

Lastly, I don't think the double teaming is done on purpose. People are just blindly following a fight and with a 5-10% difference in each fight they have enough to do while pushing the enemy back.
  18. KupoRU

It not one picture.
    This is a permanent picture. This situation is 99% of the time.
    And it is promoted by the idiotic system Daybreak with restriction of an entrance to the continent. Now the fraction TR which is against a constant double team can't even protect themselves.
  19. Towie

Dot dot dot...dash dash dash....dot dot dot - if only I could figure it out ?
  20. pnkdth

Probably the best idea I've seen so far. Doesn't go into the murky territory of increasing health/damage yet still make it more rewarding to pick off the large target. That said, I wonder if it would influence alerts but it is a great start.

I could even see versions of alert having bases of different value, king of the hill alerts, and other dynamic events based on the context of the map. Perhaps even mini-alerts which doesn't really lock the continent but servers as mini-missions (I am sure lots of outfits who like organised play would enjoy these).

Just some ideas and again, I really like this idea of your + the potential to add more "life" to each continent.