[Vehicle] Collossus Tank

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Diilicious, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Diilicious

(mostly just me jerking off to the idea of having this ingame)

[IMG]

Prerequisite: Amp Station / Tech Plant / 100,000 cortium / 10,000 Certs to unlock (1 time cost)
    Limit: 2
    Map/Spotting: Spotting Collossus will make it appear on your whole factions map

HP: 20,000
    Resistances: Wall Constuction Resist Values (Vulnerable to seige weapons and little else)
    Mass: Collossal
    Dimensions: 2 prowlers wide, 4 prowlers long, 3 prowlers tall.
    Engine Torque: Gargantuan
    Top Speed: 20 KPH
    Acceleration: 5 KPH/s
    Hull Traverse: 10*/s
    Turret Traverse: 10*/s
    Gun Depression: 8*
    Gun Elevation: 15*

Primary Weapon: Collossal 9100 Judicator Cannon
    Speed: 300m/s
    Drop: Negligable
    Damage (per barrel): 3000 Direct, 1500 to 3m, 500 7m
    Reload: 7 seconds per barrel
    Warhead: Flail

Secondary Weapons: 2 Sunderer Secondaries on rear, 3 MBT secondary (2 on front citadel and 1 on top of the turret)

Ability slots
    The Abilities of this tank would use the nanite pool of the occupants to function

Nanite Fortress Aura: collossus and all allied units within the AoE will recieve an additional resistance to incoming damage.
    Level 1 (1000C): 25m, 7% resistance, 300, Nanties per second
    Level 2 (1250C): 45m, 14% resistance, 150, Nanites per second
    Level 3 (1500C): 65m, 18% resistance, 75 Nanites per second
    Level 4 (1750C): 85, 25% resistance, 37.5 Nanites per second

Nanite Scrambler Field: All enemy units vision will become increasingly distorted the closer to Collossus they get, also disrupts missile locks to all allies in the AoE
    Level 1 (500C): 10m, 20% noise in 10m, 50 Nps
    Level 2 (750C): 30m, 40% noise in 10m, 150 Nps
    Level 3 (1000C): 60, 60% noise in 10m, 250 Nps
    Level 4 (1500C): 90m, 80% noise in 10m, 350 Nps

Nanite Steath Generator: Collossus deploys a large cloaking field, able to hide itself and any allies and allied base components in the AoE. damage halts this for 10 seconds (relatively cheap as on a tank so big its use will be limited to getting from A to B unseen)
    Level 1 (750C): 10m, 7 Nps
    Level 2 (1500C): 20m, 15 Nps
    Level 3 (3000C): 40m, 30 Nps

Utility Slots:
    Cortium Fuel Tank: Grants Collossus the option to use Cortium to fuel abilities once nanite pool is extinguished,ANTs supply cortium to Collossus between the rear two tracks. Causes collossus to explode catastrophically if destroyed
    Level 1 (200C): 2000 Capacity
    Level 2 (400C): 4000 Capacity
    Level 3 (600C): 6000 Capacity
    Level 4 (800C): 8000 Capacity
    Level 5 (1000C): 10000 Capacity

Early Warning Radar: A radar system that transmits the position of enemy aircraft to all nearby allies, marking the aircraft on their HUD.
    Level 1 (150C): Air 100m, ally 20m
    Level 2 (300C): Air 200m, ally 40m
    Level 3 (450C): Air 300m, ally 60m
    Level 4 (600C): Air 400m, ally 80m
    Level 5 (750C): Air 500m, ally 100m

• Up x 2
  2. LaughingDead

What is this abhorrent monstrosity. We want to win the continent, not destroy it D:

But continuation, 10k certs just to pull one is silly, or do you mean to unlock it? But I'd love to see an entire empire attack this, would be funny as ****.

Also I would put all rangers on this, just to **** with air.

Edit: I'm dumb and can't read in the morning.

Edit edit: Where would you be able to pull this?
  3. FateJH

Feels over-engineered.
    • Up x 1
  4. Twin Suns

Thank you sweet baby jebus! Master Blaster lives!
  5. Armcross

Too many similarity with BFR, I am guessing it won't pass. It won't be too soon if ever.
  6. LaughingDead

We know it's not gonna be added (even though it shares almost no similarities to the BFR mind you) this is just for fun and adding to the awe inspiring force that is this monster of a tank.
  7. Daigons

Yet it still only takes 2 bricks of C4 to slag it. I always liked the OGRE tank game designed by Steve Jackson. A giant AI controlled super tank swatting everything away in it's path.

[IMG]
  8. typnct

its gonna get c4'd even before you can pass 1km
    i guarantee it
    • Up x 1
  9. Diilicious

Have you ever tried to C4 the wall of a player made base? youd need like 40 C4 to kill a wall section with 20000 HP, thats how much HP and resistance it has. not to mention you have to get to the tank, dealing with 5 powerful secondaries and a really big boom stick of its own, and ALL of the people swarming around it going "OH MY GOD ITS SO COOL" youd never get anywhere near it.

also I would think that its very clear that a forum post can not create the perfect outcome, it is a basis of discussion. so how about some... discussion?
    • Up x 1
  10. LaughingDead

I don't think people appreciate simply statting something silly just for the thought and imagination of what it could do in game. le sigh.
  11. Diilicious

[IMG]

TR colours, mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm so sexy...

12. Bloodlock

An APC with 6 seats, one Lightning gun and one sund turret will be more usefull... it will be the ground ver. of a Valkyrie :p
  13. YellowJacketXV

As much as I like an idea of a ground (or even air) based colossus that can be spawned in, the idea of having it mostly as an attack/defense dreadnought is poor. From how it sounds, one empire might get just a squad of libs and shoot the thing (literally off-screen) and laugh their ***** off at the free certs later.

I would recommend a different route.
    [IMG]

This is called a Fatboy. It's from Supreme Commander. I'm probably not the only RTS fan here. The Fatboy is a Tech4 class tank capable of acting as a mobile factory, a refueling station, as well as being loaded with cannons. It is heavily armored and boasts it's own shield. A super-tank should be about UTILITY not POWER.

Creation should be playerbase only or warpgate only. I agree with the idea of 'spotting revealing to the entire map'. This will cause lots of fun shenanigans with coop gameplay for those who want to defend vs those who want to destroy. But I believe that the spot should also fade per normal. I would say it should be a limited spawn. Whether or not it's single only or only two per warpgate is another thing. It would only be spawnable by a platoon leader at a warpgate, essentially costing all nanites. It would also need a timer on spawn perhaps.

Weaponry should be only average. I would recommend four sunderer-tier turrets (Kobalt, Basilisk, Fury, Walker, or Ranger. No Bulldogs) with one moderate mortar-style weapon or something akin to a halberd as the 'main' gun. The speed shouldn't be so slow as to make it useless in a fast-paced environment but not too fast, probably about half to 3/4ths that of a sunderer. It is a deploy-based vehicle becoming a mobile FOB upon utilization. Once deployed the empire (or squad/platoon, preferably platoon) will have access to an Elysium spawn tube located in the back as well as a frontal and top deploy shield. This shield would simply act like a sunderer shield except more visible, almost like the existing sky shield available to player bases (matching faction color is key here). When deployed, infantry can also roam about the interior and exterior acting like a player-made bunker. It has it's own energy bar and when depleted the shields go down and spawns cannot happen. This prevents it from becoming a bully.

Upgrades can be to energy capacity, ammo dispensary, movespeed at cost of shield/armor, infantry radar (not the scout kind), etc etc.

OR OR
    Instead of energy it requires Cortium to run, therefore requiring squads to consider refueling options for the Colossus and building upon it's potential playerbase-made spawn theme and thus making it more balanced with more finite concept of resources.

Destroying it can either be done slowly from the exterior or a hype team of @$$kickers can enter into the Colossus itself and lay C4 on a control module. About 6 C4 will destroy it instantaneously in this matter. This means you can't abandon it. It's an investment to the platoon.

Having something like this would feel almost like a flagship for terrestrial events, where two armor columns would clash heavily each with their own behemoth. It's this kind of large-scale yet team-orientated stuff that drew me to Planetside to begin with.
    • Up x 2
  14. typnct

its actually quite easy to answer
    20k health
    2c4's = 5000hp(6000 in the vanguard's case)
    2c4'sX4=20kHP
    or 17 prowlers shots or 24 titan ap
    at long range this is too easy for experienced tankers to take down slow moving targets using kiting or just plainly shooting at blind spots
    a more logical solution is about 50k hp but its still not too hard to kill it because it will have a whole lot of blind spots
    an even better solution is a smaller tank that has some gamechanging mechanics like a master of everything tank(air ground armor infantry)
    basically an op beast to everyone that can change the tide of the battle ;)
  15. LaughingDead

Someone doesn't know resistance values.
    • Up x 1
  16. Halkesh

THIS.

I think it should act as a mobile spawn and help to keep armor superiority as long as it's in the area. I like your idea to have its abilities disabled when its shield is down.
  17. LaughingDead

Ok, just, no....just....no.

We already have 8 ways to deploy infantry, we have so many ways to make a base to spawn aircraft, and spawning an aircraft closer to the fight does not mean nearly as much as you people think it does, in fact it's looked down upon if you do since a lot of airbois check that. We also have ways to spawn vehicles from those same bases, but it was rarely ever used because it still costed nanites and we only see it now because now they can cost cortium instead.

We have sunderers to spawn infantry, we have vehicle terminals at every single base, we have all of this to circumvent the redeploy of war, a supertank that acts as a mobile spawn for other vehicles when you can spawn vehicles at literally every single base on the map and/or hack terminals at enemy bases to spawn there, makes it rather pointless.

Now if we didn't have redeploy as a feature or didn't have a terminal at every single base or even only ground terminals at tech plants, this would be a different story.

Personally, I like the idea of a monster of an objective to fight, I'm a big fan of monster hunter style games in which multiple players try to avoid or kill this one guy or group of players playing as the monster. But just a glorified spawn is kind of lack luster and completely contingent on how many people actively want to operate with it.
  18. MichaelMoen

o_O

I think I'd just plink it with an Archer from a mile away.
  19. typnct

yeah you are right
    its enough health for him to survive for long
  20. TR5L4Y3R

good luck placing the spawningplatform for that bloody thing ..
    may as well include actual armored command (contsruction rather) units to build it on the field ..

it sure will cause shenanigans ... which i expect not being fun for the recieving end ...