FREE AIRCRAFTS DURING EVENT.

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Inzababa, Jul 15, 2018.

1. Inzababa

It's great, you made flying great again, great.

No really, it's a very good idea, and it means people who didn't really fly can do so for a few minutes or more for free, PS2 needs more pilotes !

Thing is, you didn't really think it through. Or if you did then I don't know what your thinking.

During the event, attacking a base is becoming more than frustrating, more than annoying, but ******* waste of time.

Not all the time, not at all bases, but increasingly, as players realise "free aircrafts"

"LET ME PULL AN ESF OR LIB TO GO DESTROY THE ATTACKER SUNDY"

"AND IF IT DIES WHO CARES I JUST PULL ANOTHER FOR FREE"

"AND ANOTHER"

"AND ANOTHER"

"AND ANOTHER BECAUSE WHO CARES ITS FREE"

I know I like to criticise without providing solutions, I know it's bad, but it isn't my job, I don't get payed for this, and I don't have a degree either, not in this..

So I don't propose anything at all, not constructive, all I want to say is that I think you, the devs, forgot to think of this kind of consequence.

(and I realise it's only a temporary event)
  2. Halkesh

As someone who abuse of that 100% cost reduction, (I still have 280 kill to get my photon pods aurax) I agree dev should do something about it to avoid 45 min of 0 nanite A2G.

What about spawning neutral fully upgraded ESF / Lib / Gal at the warpgate ? So dev can choose airplane loadout. You still must pay full cost for airplane you pull yourself.

Basically, the warpgate will spawn 8 ESF, 2 libs and 1 gal with random loadout, as long as that loadout is in the list of "what dev allow to participate for free during that event".
    Everytime someone enter into the airplane, he have 10 sec to move because an other airplane will spawn. (so there are always at least 8 ESF, 2 Lib and 1 Gal available)
    • Up x 1
  3. Blam320

Those are all free kills for Skygyards, and worse all the new pilots are farmed by vets. Combined with unintuitive controls, the air game is one of the most punishing to try and get into, free aircraft for 45 minutes or not.
    • Up x 4
  4. UrielSeptimIV

Despite all flaws reduced nanites cost of aircaft is a good thing. Yes, it can be abused but during this event I finaly undersood how to fly properly. And as addition I had a ton of fun from fact that I was able to match with some skynightts in skill.
    Air anomalies is definately a good for all players: new and old.

P.s. Also you can pull a free ESF/Lib/Gal to protect your sundy.
  5. Twin Suns

Sundy with dual Ranger mounts. Check!

2 Herbies (Harassers) for perimeter defense. Check!

Deploys right under anomaly. Check!

Let the Turkey Shoot begin!

How many HOURS is it till the lock alert? :) :) :)
    • Up x 2
  6. Diilicious

the stupid control scheme is the only defence pilots have against accusations they are the ultimate in absolute 100% skillless farming. they all rely on nothing being able to shoot back and always make sure thats the case. easymoding at its mode extreme
    • Up x 2
  7. LaughingDead

Maybe they should instate the galaxy's deploy mode for non-sunderer spawning.
  8. YellowJacketXV

Sounds more like Rangers, Walkers, and Skyguards are becoming more popular.
    That and all the G2A anti-air missiles.

If it's not free, spawns will happen far less and the Air Event will turn into just another "Ace vs Ace" slugfest where new players can't even get their foot in the door. The only reason Air Events work at all right now is because they are free, getting inexperienced people into the air with a gang. I have wanted to really do good air for a long, long time and this event has helped me tremendously. Sure, some people are going to abuse the mechanic and push points with free galaxies and libs. There will also be people who know this, and preemptively counter-push on their own with that same mentality.
  9. Liewec123

meanwhile i spend that time bellyflopping ground vehicles with free galaxies.
    i've been a long time skywhale, oh yes i have XD
    but its so much better when its entirely free, i don't even need to worry about dying, i'm just endlessly pulling galaxies,
    skyguard? good luck with that. XD

as for playing ground, if you have stealth for your sundy that is about the best time to run it, so much A2G trolling around,
    shield and blockade sundies just won't last long.
    also if you're TR you should always be running Striker during this alert if you're on HA.
    if you plan on pulling an MBT use an AA topgun.