Is Planetside 3 in development?

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by elkikko92, Jul 12, 2018.

1. elkikko92

2. Roxxlyy Community Relations

There have been a number of rumors floating around lately, but we haven't announced anything about a PlanetSide 3. News about a game announcement can only be confirmed if it's coming from official Daybreak channels!
  3. Liewec123

I don't hear a no! ;)
    • Up x 3
  4. TR5L4Y3R

no.
    • Up x 3
  5. ArcKnight

can we interpret the "we haven't said anything yet" as a "maybe" ?:)
    • Up x 1
  6. JobiWan

I wouldn't be surprised if Smed (he's now at Amazon Games) is working on a spiritual successor to his baby, but not called PlanetSide 3.
  7. Towie

Well if Smedley was working on something - surely it would be called 'Stop whinging you Vanu scum' don't you think ? One of his more common phrases I believe...
  8. HippoCryties

Oh god please!
  9. Armcross

Let me guess, Reddit.
    • Up x 1
  10. Demigan

Still not hearing it you are typing it <plugs ears and hums> NANANANANANANNAAAAAAAAAA
    • Up x 3
  11. Beerbeerbeer

Can you just redo Planetside 1 (sans BFRs and caves) with modern graphics and call it Planetside 3?

I want backpacks, real customizable load outs, no class crap, lootable packs, lockers, etc., etc., etc.

If I want to carry around a backpack with nothing but plasma grenades and one med kit, well that’s my damn prerogative, lol...
    • Up x 4
  12. texasritter

Planetside 3 is in development, but i read that PS3 goes to Battle Royale...damn.
    Everquest 3 too. So we have h1z1, PS3, EQ3 and all as battle royale, that sounds not good.
  13. adamts01

I really hope you're just trolling.
  14. texasritter

15. adamts01

There's no way that can be true. No one in their right mind would build PS3 as a battle royal after how much hate this community has given H1Z1. I'd love to see a PS3 instead of having more and more dumped in to this game. Putting a couple bandaids on PS2 to fix the recent performance problems and just leaving it on life support till PS3 comes out would suit me just fine. But what I'd really LOVE to hear is.....
    PS3 will have more Arma and less CoD.
    And that my subscription wouldn't fund other games that I don't care about.
    • Up x 3
  16. OldMaster80

Recycling assets, boosting a little bit graphics and ralunching products is quite the standard nowadays.
    I wonder if they could make ps3 just turning ps2 into a ps2.5.
  17. Pelojian

planetside is the only true open world continental FPS conflict game series, no way they are going to throw it's uniqueness for a temporary fad.
  18. TR5L4Y3R

not exactly what i was looking for but ..

• Up x 1
  19. Luicanus

Can I make a suggestion? If this is a thing or will be in the future make the friend system better.

Seriously, In my friends list I don't see anyone's faction or BR let alone when they were last online or be able to move them into subgroups (Eg. Harraser Gunners, Lib Gunners, Pilots, Squad Players, Good Medics) how hard is it to make it so that you can custom name 3 subgroups and maybe double that for subscribers.

Games that rely on cooperation live or die on how well you can build a community on the game, PS2 is VERY weak in this regard.

Hell, if I go into the leaderboard friends filter to see who is inactive/low BR I can't even unfriend them form that list, I have to literally copy the names then look them up individually on the friends list to remove them.
    • Up x 2
  20. The Rogue Wolf

DBG would need to be willing to fund development for Planetside 3 (because it's not going to be just an asset port onto a new engine) while still supporting Planetside 2, which would require either a second dev team or forcing the current one to multitask.

Whether or not you believe DBG is willing to do so rests entirely on your opinion of the company.
    • Up x 1