Queues

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Silkensmooth, Jul 8, 2018.

1. Silkensmooth

This queue system is absolute garbage.

I have 20 mins to play today before going out with my wife, so i log in to try to play and get stuck in a queue for the ENTIRE time.

These completely stupid queues havent done anything to balance out fights.

All they do is make people like me look for something else to play and to cancel my membership.

2 continents open. 1 continent has almost no one on it and still im stuck in a queue for the ENTIRE time i have to play.

I got a friend to download the game the other day, and when he logged on he was in koltyr and he thought that was the game. He logged off in disgust and deleted the game from his drive.

How many thousands of people have done the same thing?

Get rid of this horrible system. Id rather get zerg-rolled than sit in a useless, pointless, universally hated queue that serves no purpose other than to drive people away from the game.

Again these queues arent doing anything for the game. Having 20 more people on a side isnt going to change anything AT ALL.
    • Up x 3
  2. chamks

yes you are right! and give us empire specific liberator belly gun! and i wanna see other friendly sunderers on the map, while im in sunderer myself! work on your game
  3. Towie

...but we do need balanced populations for a balanced game. XP bonus doesn't help or really attract anyone and people who 'like playing the underpopped faction' are the minority or indeed a myth.

I thought that Koltyr was a great idea - at first - but the reality just isn't fun and the method for getting out of Koltyr is not very intuitive either; i'd hate to see a complete new starter figure everything out.

Trouble is, it's difficult to come up with a good alternative while still achieving a level of balance. They somehow need to make the underpopped faction way more appealing and/or competitive.

Maybe the underpopped side could have a damage multiplier relative to the deficit ? It's something that has been suggested before and to be honest, I wasn't keen, but it might be better than the alternative (ie. the current Koltyr and queues).
  4. Silkensmooth

Its very simple. You put a 30 minute timer on an account's ability to change empires.

Make it so you cant switch AT ALL during alerts

Then you give a 30% XP bonus to the low pop empire 20% to the second empire, and nothing for the overpop.

You could lower vehicle prices for under-pop, or reduce re-spawn timers to zero.

OR you keep it the same and give the over-pop side a penalty.

You could increase vehicle prices. Increase re-spawn times.

Either way, this system is horrible. And as i said, i havent seen any noticeable difference in the battles.

All it has done is make the majority of players unhappy. That's not a good thing at all.
    • Up x 1
  5. rsonny

If missclick i must wait 30 min? :)
  6. Bansheedragon75

30 minutes is too short, I would say make it at least as long as it takes to lock a continent from it unlocks.
    Allow people to swap faction when they change continent, but once you have chosen a faction on a continent you will be locked to that faction until the continent is locked.
    This to prevent people from abusing it to swap faction.

Pretty much yes, should make people pay more attention to faction selection when they log in.
    I know it probably sounds harsh, but given how people tend to swap faction to the "winning/lead" faction leaving the underdog even more crippled, I say its necessary.
    Faction hopping based on who is winning/leading should not be a thing.