Starfall is broken, the pillager and the buzzard are complete trash

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by raffa2, Jul 9, 2018.

1. raffa2

Starfall is broken, it's literally a fury but better against vehicles, and has even less exposure time.
    With the buzzard i can still see a use inside point holds, but the pillager is total, and complete rubbish.

Please daybreak, apply balance accordingly.

PS: who's the extremely trusted companion in your dev team that though that 75*750 splash damage at extremely close range was a good idea?
  2. DeadlyOmen

broken & rubbish

Great details! Balance accordingly.
    • Up x 1
  3. Prudentia

It's a fury that is worse against Sunderers and MBTs, better against harrassers and lightnings and has 0 Anti infantry capability.

but yes, the Buzzard and pillager are bad.
  4. raffa2

Less exposure time for a stealth flash, DPS comprable to the fury, totally not broken.
    Also the fury is not used to kill infantry, that's the renegade.
    What do i need to explain? Do i need to explain to you why you die if you fall from a bridge?
  5. Prudentia

ah yes the good old "i'll just cloak for 1 second and remain stationary" survival tactic.
    and the point is that the fury CAN kill infantry. if someone jumps out of their tank you will have no problem killing them. with the starfall you can run them over or jump off and shoot them.
  6. Campagne

Buzzard wouldn't even be usable for point holds given the 20 meter arming distance. Couldn't defend, and couldn't get line of sight outside of the 20 meters with the heavy drop. :confused:
    • Up x 2
  7. LaughingDead

Actually more often than naught you've already used too much ammo by the time the guy pops out of his tank to try and kill you with his primary, it's far better to simply get off your flash to displace your hit model and kill him with your primary in which you often have the upper hand because engies nowadays run the archer instead of a usable sustained damage primary.

It's why I've started to use a carbine and keep the repair tool holstered in the tank, often if you see a C4 fairy (cough cough FAIR-y) it's just much better to simply step out and shoot him instead of use your main turret. Since there is a latency delay he literally cannot shoot you first even if he did have his carbine out.

It's part of the reason vehicle players feel like vehicles are not properly represented in this game, because you have tanks and massive armored buses being instantly destroyed by toxic flies of doom and quad bikes. It really feels disappointing when liberators are often strictly better picks and then if you're fighting skyguards you just need a flash mobs. Since sunderers are the most prominent individual unit, you can simply peg them down from range with the dalton or flash mob them from range with the fury or new saron. It's almost like people who want armor dead don't understand armor at all and simply call for nerfs because they've "tried everything".
  8. Prudentia

yes i too think that stepping out of your tank to kill someone close by is a terrible mechanic.
    they really need to implement some sort of "jump out" delay so tanks are actually vulnerable to close by infantry.
  9. YellowJacketXV

I've gotten a few surprise kills with pillager simply because I snuck up on a sunderer and shot fire through it, hitting people on the other side.
  10. AtckAtck

I have to agree, i tried to play the pillager yesterday. First i played a "classical" run with the shotgun and made a decent 25 killstreak.
    Then i thought to try out the pillager and oh boy it is bad. I really tried. But the best i could ever do was maybe 1 or 2 kills.
    I has one several problems:
    - the flame velocity is so low that you sometimes burn yourself.
    - you don't see friggin anything, not a chance to track a moving target
    - the range is pretty low, that combined with the restricted viewing angle is often a fast death.
    - the time to kill is too long. Either it needs more direct dmg or more dot over a longer time so you can actually lay down fire in a hit and run tactic.
    - the burn sticks to the ground (but very short), but doesn't seem to stick to players. At least i don't see that.

The starfall is completely op, it is a friggin sauron weapon on a cloaked flash!
    Before going up against a lightning with a fury flash was somewhat risky but the tank had a chance even if you came from behind.
    With the starfall you are dead, dead and dead. Every friggin time. Unbalanced as hell.
    • Up x 1
  11. Demigan

For anyone who hadnt noticed yet: the Starfall has twice the DPS of a Fury.
    The Starfall also unloads everything and starts reloading in 1 second, which puts a single cycle at 3,5 seconds and 1200 damage.
    A Vanguard AP deals 850 damage a shot with 3,5 second reload (maxed reload)
    A Prowler AP deals 1200 damage per magazine with 3 second reload and 0,5 seconds between shots and 0,5 seconds before reload for a Grant total of 4 seconds. With Barrage active this is reduced to a 3 second cycle...

The Starfall hits almost as hard as a maximum Upgraded AP Prowler with barrage on and requires no upgrades to do this.

Is there anyone who still dares say the Starfall is nothing but a slightly worse Fury?
    • Up x 7
  12. raffa2

So, the vanu bias is now confirmed for good i guess, better not disappoint those sensible souls at vs as they might leave the game for good if they get a bad weapon.
    Canis, Obelisk, Now this...
    • Up x 1
  13. Liewec123

yep they majorly botched the release but don't worry they'll fix it i'm sure,
    remember how hilariously bad Mjolnir was on release?
    now its competitive.

keep calm
    and
    wait for balance
    • Up x 1
  14. Xebov

The DPS on the Starfall is insane and the damage cannot be prevented. If a Flash with fury drives up you have reaction time. With a Starfall the flash is already gone the moment you notice it. The problem here is that we are talking about a cloakable 50 nanite vehicle that can easily mow down Tanks with little exposure time and is so cheap that you can easily replace it. Its also insane against shielded Sunderers, would love to have that DPS on my Tank Main Gun.
  15. Xebov

Would still Trade it in for the Vulcan alone for that AI capabilities, but thats a different story.
    • Up x 1
  16. raffa2

The current vulcan, because the 600 RPM vulcan was very underperforming
  17. Daigons

Don't forget the obligatory Decimator HA passenger. I stopped pulling Lightnings since they seem to be easy kill with the Starfall+Deci combo. I saw one enterprising HA driving a stealth Starfall Flash who would quickly change to seat 2 to fire their Deci after they finished unloading their Starfall.
  18. Movoza

But you can't stealth as a HA on the flash?

Regardless, the thing is insane. As Demigan shows, it's a fully upgraded AP prowler cannon on a 50 nanite contraption that can stealth and thus easily flank for 35% higher damage output. I suspect the thing is even in the same damage resistance profile as the prowler, making it even better compared to the fury.
  19. Daigons

They guy gets away with max stealth. Stalks then charges opposing vehicle and wrecks them.
  20. Movoza

Ah my bad. I thought stealth as in the cloak.