Lock hours issue

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Oreilley, Jul 5, 2018.

1. Oreilley

Every afternoon I am being forced to play Hossin on Cobalt, Map that I can't stand playing on; I have no issues with the 3 other maps and i believe not to be the only one hating hossin.

My guess is the alert clock timer sets up at specific hours and as a result we always end up with hossin in the afternoon with no choice to switch map due to the pop limitation on map availibility.

Whats hapening is that I log in see hossin force myself 30min-1h in it hoping another map unlock quickly, then loging off with disapointment.
    Next day: log in see hossin log off
    Next day : play something else

I believe this pattern will exhaust your afternoon player pool on cobalt in the long run, if not from disliking hossin in the first place, it will from always playing hossin in their afternoon playtime.

I recomand quicker map rotation or lowering the required pop to unlock a second map.
  2. Xebov

The pattern is on all servers. Sometimes it changes a bit but its a general issue. The time until a continent is locked is simply to high (including the alert time).
    • Up x 1
  3. LtBomber

Even worse, the time needed to lock is fixed! It can only be altered by not having 41% at the givin time, open a new continet or have a server restart...
  4. Silkensmooth

I love Hossin.

But i agree. We get stuck on Esamir every night. The land of snipers and tanks.

Each continent should be open for no more than 3 hours.

Open the continent, have a random alert, and then a short while later start the lock alert.
    • Up x 1
  5. ZDarkShadowsZ

I don't mind Hossin but I can get behind what you've said about it. I'm also on Cobalt and since returning home for the summer, I'll log in in the afternoon and I'm stuck playing Hossin. I log out to take a break and hope the map will change then log back in after an hour or two later in the hopes of another continent yet to no avail.

Don't get me wrong, I don't mind Hossin, but it's the kind of map I can't play for hours on end. It's too claustrophobic. Everywhere I turn there's something stopping me from going somewhere. Those orange bulb things, those thorny briars on rocks, the mass amount of trees and what feels like unfinished plateaus. The bases themselves are great, they feel so much more unique than the bases on other continents, but at the moment that's the only thing it has going for it for me and it's not enough to warrant me to continue playing after an hour because I just can't take how cramped it feels.
    • Up x 1
  6. Luicanus

They'd have to reduce the rewards for the alerts but yeah that should be decent.
  7. dreyone

The game is dead, don't even bother complaining anymore. They're not going to fix any of these problems. It's obvious. People have been complaining about problems for years and they just ignore everything we say. The game gets worse and worse and now we have this server latency making it literally impossible to play.

RIP Planetside 2. Its dead and its just not coming back guys. Just accept it and move on
  8. Xebov

I dont get your point. I dont see any latency issues and everything works fine. From what ive seen so far the game may even get a bit more developement.
    • Up x 1
  9. FateJH

dreyone's been the voice of gloom and doom since the start of 2017.
  10. Silkensmooth

It DOES seem like they entirely ignore the community AND common sense.

Like people being able to sit in spawn rooms with sniper rifles and shoot at people with zero risk of retaliation.

Like letting people spam hesh rounds and ruin EVERY fight.

Like pointless faction balance queues.

Like snipers not needing to unscope to chamber another round.

These are truly bad game mechanics. Tanks drove away almost all of the new people i brought to the game. No one enjoys getting 1hk by some noob in a suit of armor that is virtually in-destructable.
  11. Luicanus

And here I thought this was supposed to be a combined arms game. Yes HESH is overused because they made it too good relative to the other gun options but they're VERY far from invincible.

They could make spawn rooms similar to Skyshields in that under enough sustained fire their shields shut off for 30 or so seconds. Trouble is while this would be good against snipers it would only encourage HESH spam even more.
    What they need is more tunnels and trench systems where armour is of limited use, in a big enough base you can have tunnels that bring defenders all over the place. to the point that sieging the spawn room is pointless as the infantry can still get behind the armour.
  12. Silkensmooth

Combined arms, where are the airplanes? They are supposed to counter the tank zerg.

There should be a counter to the constant spam from vehicles. Currently you can just sit in a vehicle and farm with very little worry. And if you try to bring an airplane to the fight forget about it.

I'm all for combined arms, but you cant have invincible armor columns just farming infantry all day. It gets extremely OLD. Every single day i log in and get farmed bny hesh ttanks and kobalt sundies ants and harassers.

I just dont find it fun to be farmed with no way tto counter it other than logging off, which is currently the only way ive found, just log off and go do sometthing else, when what i really want is to have a decent infantry fight without CONSTANT vehicle spam.

I'm not the only one who feels this way, i hear people in platoons ******** about it too.

Its just not a good game mechanic to have virtually unkillable tanks spamming hesh rounds into every base. Not to mention the ridiculous ttk on the kobalt.

This is just not fun for me or most of my friends who also quit because finding a good infantry fight tthat isnt farmed by some stupid vehicle is nigh impossible to find.

Hint; No one likes being farmed by something they cant fight back against.
  13. FateJH

Saying that you can't fight back against something is what makes it invincible.
  14. Diilicious

• Up x 2
  15. dreyone

Ignore the shills. I'm pretty sure Epstein is paying them to post here. We know that what I said is true, disregard the rest.
  16. Twin Suns

Dear DBG, 6 hours on one continent is Bolshevik.

Ijhytg, ijhgnjuu, 57nffj, @&$8hhb and hfhuy. It's nice to see players with those names. A lot of friends boosting friends going on. Then they just switch to their real account in the last hour and actually try to play.

The road to hell, is paved with good intentions.