[Suggestion] Miller imbalanced Population DBG

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by BorgUK1of9, Aug 20, 2017.

1. WarCannon9000

Thing is what does the VS have that is appealing trait wise anymore, i keep hearing about this no bullet drop and being maneuverable but you do not see that in a lot of the weapons. Then the TR and NC have their traits that are in almost all the weapons, but not so much in the VS weapons. I think the pop issue could be solved by taking another look at the VS and the traits it has along with the weapons. I always did find it odd how so many of the weapons feel the same or a copy. Then again just thinking... :rolleyes: ( not saying other faction's are OP, but saying you can notice the traits right away )
  2. Kristan

02.10.17, prime time, Miller, everyone switched to NC to win alerts.

[IMG]
  3. Orakel

Thats why we had below 30% VS world pop during last months yeah ?
  4. Orakel

Thats why everything at VS is nerfed to death because you care pop balance ?
  5. Humoreske

I always think....DBG should reduce the maximum resource(Nanite:750) of the empire too populated.
    It is not preferable that the total resources of the empire be proportional to the population.
    It further expands gap due to population difference.
    • Up x 1
  6. LordKrelas

The moment you do that, they won't be able to actually match either side unless overpopped to account for the more restricted access to force multipliers.
    If they have even-pop, they will be discouraged from ever not overpopping the hexes they fight in.
    Since only then, can they match the opponent in Force Multipliers.

So it'd go very severely into the Encouraging zerging by that side to ensure they don't get swarmed by force-multipliers.
  7. Eternaloptimist

I just came from an Alert on Miller, (well two I guess - triggered/collapsed then triggered again both by VS). Population was roughly equal throughout.
  8. BorgUK1of9

[IMG]POPs back to pre-patch levels on prime time. Found myself logging due to getting gangbanged.
  9. Jac70

Doesn't seem that bad to me. Pops fluctuate depending upon time and day but as a VS I have been part of quite a few VS continent locks over the last week or so.

I remember in the firstyear or so of live, MIller had insane TR overpop. I mean 60-70% during every alert for months and months on end. That was cancer!
  10. BorgUK1of9

This issue has never really gone away on Miller and its getting worse.
    So the other week I cancelled my subscription and I find I am spending more and more time playing games like PUBG etc
    It's great having all these new toys but its like giving someone a can of soup and no opener, a waste of time.
    [IMG]
  11. BorgUK1of9

You forgot about us Mepps...........................
  12. Zak Preston

well, as a VS infiltrator I envy NC Cyclone and Gladius, TR Farmisticae and Jackal feel really good as well. Now take a look at Canis: literally the worst ES SMG... Not take a look at VS pistols: all of them are faceless and gimped clones with useless "fun" features.
    Magrider is the worst MBT, Lancer is trash, our burst-mode carbines are considerably inferior to TR and VS ones.

Perhaps, this underpop is a signal that something is wrong with the faction, no?
  13. Xebov

The underpop issue is old and has little to do with weapons. It has something to do with visual style and feeling. When the game was new there where already less VS characters made than NC or TR. Noone wanted to play a faction that ran around in spandex and had weapons that sounded like they shoot tiny nails. The MBT adds to it, not because its the worst, because it is a hover tank and its not what ppl expect, some simply want a real tank design. So alot breaks down to pure design and how stuff feels.

The thing with trash weapons etc is a different problem. The problem here is that everyone has a way to work and play with weapons and some factions tend towards specific playstyles. This problem could have been solves years ago by opening up all weapons, vehicles etc to all factions so everyone can drive and use whatever he wants. This however wasnt made because of "faction identity". I played VS myself for years and later abandoned my char to start with NC simply because i liked their visuals and weapon style more. Having weapons that sound like tehy give a punch was simply betetr and having a MBT that follows simple tank designs.

Again the problem could have been solved by opening everything up. Now after years you wont solve it. Players have their characters and some have them for years. So no matter how you change up things, there is little reason for playwers to switch.
  14. Zak Preston

This is what DBG employees tell themselves to pun no effort into actual factions balancing.
    NC + TR may actually think: VS is a farmed faction, let's keep it that way further.

I rolled VS because of spandex, hovertanks and futuristic stuff. NC and TR are kinda backwards even by XXI century, to say the least.

I kinda dislike NC and TR visual style, while VS one is more or less acceptable and realistic. But even I was thinking of rerolling to NC simply because of how much better results I got from using their weapons.

Maybe it's time to realize that "no bullet drop" is almost useless on pistols, SMGs, carbines, LMGs, ARs, and that increased mag size or damage have way more combat impact?
  15. ridicOne

Hey now, VS wins the most alerts. So they have to have all the OP gear, it just doesn't make sense any other way....
  16. Xebov

No this is what i tell you because i started playing with the games release and VS was always the lowest pop faction. Balance favors one of the factions in specific situations, but overall the balance is not that bad. Your issue seems to be "the grass is greener on the other side"

This doesnt mean that their weapons are betetr, they just fit your style of play better and thats a difference. According to your logic my NC performance should be much betetr than my VS performance, but it isnt. Im as good as i was with my VS, only difference for me is that the weapons feel better for me.
  17. asmodraxus

The infantry weapons are relatively balanced, its the max units (NC instagib max cough cough) and the MBT's that show a lack of balancing. Then there's the issue of what is the VS faction ability its sure as hell is not lack of bullet drop as the Magriders main gun has the most drop of all MBT guns, mobility er well the mag goes the slowest but hey it can go sideways to dodge a shot fired 250m away...

Its the lack of faction flair for the VS (NC gets damage per shot and shotguns upon shotguns, TR gets fire rate and dakka) and so so weapons yes the infantry weapons are relatively balanced but they are generally the weakest performing in category ie Orion is the weakest CQC LMG (if you want to compare starter weapons then the TR have the best pistol, and NC get the best sniper rifle, you have to compare like for like).
  18. BorgUK1of9

Your right there, on PS1 VS was about mobility, jump jet MAX's, Magriders that floated easily and on water, the Thresher was a super fast floating spamming buggy. It all never got transferred over to PS2 properly, the MAX special ability is useless, the Magrider clunking Saturday night drunk with a bullet drop that is OTT and at range seems to actually disappear altogether. No bullet drop, damage drop off over range to compensate, speed and mobility. PS2 VS are an NS empire.
  19. RedBlack

You seem to be a Veteran Player, so you should actually know that VS Miller always had less pop then NC and TR.
    Even before the Merge of Miller and Woodman. This is nothing new and has certainly nothing to do with, that VS is "underpowered".

The only time VS Miller dominated the pop, was shortly after the Servers merged.
    And that was because two Major Zergfits, DIG and KOTV collaborated. They zerged the living sh*t out of Miller ("fun times"), witch caused alot of players to leave NC and TR or change servers for awhile, including me (whent to cobalt).

So my pity for VS Miller being under poped again, is kinda low.

Also, having only one Outfit taking all the bases (90% of time), is not going to help either.