These servers.... still.....

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by adamts01, Jun 29, 2018.

1. adamts01

I gave the game a break after the 4x XP event because of server performance. I just logged on to try out the new stuff but the game just isn't playable like this. Fixing servers needs to be Daybreak's number one priority.
    • Up x 4
  2. PhoenixFanatic

Gotta love this ****

Todays compilation:

[IMG]

Source:
    https://www2.pic-upload.de/img/35550394/screenshot_20180627-16-26-19.png

Upscalable:
    [IMG]

I really, really hope they allow character transfer in the future.

It just hurts playing now. Playing infantry is mostly IMPOSSIBLE now.

I can fire shots at an enemy in my ESP 100m away 100% on target and don't get a single hit. It is really frustrating.
  3. Twin Suns

Not going anywhere for awhile? Here's a Snickers™ Bar. *throws*
  4. Roxxlyy Community Relations

We're still aware and very actively looking into it. I'm going to go ahead and copy/paste one of Paul's comments from Reddit here, as he does a much better job of explaining things than I do.

• Up x 3
  5. Luicanus

Thank you, the engagement here and on Reddit is comforting, best of luck getting this sorted ASAP.
  6. adamts01

I'm renewing my subscription as soon as this is fixed. But for now you guys have me playing MWO. Please don't make me keep playing that awful game. I guess I could fire up Arma 3, but those guys are weird. I want my Planetside.
    • Up x 1
  7. Luicanus

Hate to break it to you but I've seen intermittent spikes on Cobalt of up to 72000ms Server side. I don't think this is an issue that can be solved by simply switching servers.
  8. PhoenixFanatic

I generally don't have the same issues on Cobalt or at least NOT AS BAD. Tried that one out.

I mean... this is an FPS, right? And I CAN'T PLAY INFANTRY, because it is too laggy/slow.

That's awful.
  9. Luicanus

Perhaps, Cobalt does seem to be a little better now that a few weeks ago. I'm just holding out for a proper fix, I've not been playing much at all recently and a fair part of that is the fact that at any moment everything can go to hell in a handbasket for 20 seconds.

Oddly enough it seems that some days are better than others, Sometimes there are no issues at all then others it's a nightmarish series of spazzing out gameplay every 2-15 minutes.
  10. adamts01

It's so bizarre how random this latency is, and how half the platoon gets insane warping and the other half sometimes doesn't. What's frustrating is that they keep pointing to some European provider as an issue when this problem is so clearly game-wide.
    • Up x 1
  11. OgreMarkX

Please. PLEASE understand that, at least on CONNERY, this server latency issue was a problem BEFORE the last major patch (construction revamp, etc patch).

BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE BEFORE.
    • Up x 2
  12. HippoCryties

Dude calm down, we know. The people outside of US are getting their own server
  13. adamts01

This isn't at all an issue of high ping players. These problems didn't exist a month and a half ago.
    • Up x 2
  14. PhoenixFanatic

Update for today:

[IMG]
  15. Luicanus

Yeah, I was seeing the same about 48 hours ago on Cobalt I'm going to be fair and assume it's a manifestation of the problem and not someone trying to hide exactly how bad it is by hiding severe spikes server side.
  16. PhoenixFanatic

Just in case: I wasn't assuming that someone was trying to hide that. I just think it is broken in a way that prevents the system from showing the correct number. The latency maybe exceeds the 100'000 ms mark, so that the info bar can't show it anymore, or the connection is interrupted for so long that the system has no available info to show.
    • Up x 1
  17. PhoenixFanatic

By the way, the problem still exists, I am just too lazy to post at the moment.
  18. OgreMarkX

I have pics of server latency showing 330,000K. Too lazy to post at the moment. But the 300K number was clearly shown. This was a few weeks ago. On the Connery Server. West Coast US server.
  19. Silkensmooth

Agreed, the devs seem to add the worst things to the game, and have no idea of balance.

Construction.

Hesh tanks so you cant leave the spawn room on indar or esamir or even amerish without some tanker one hit killing you from the top of some hill 1km away.

Flak buff so now we see MASSIVE armor columns where almost every vehicle has AA to counter their counter. Not to mention the flak causes huge lag spikes so that when you are in your lib trying to kill the aforementioned hesh tanks you just lag and die to aforementioned flak.

This game hasnt run well for several years though. Even before daybreak got ahold of it.
  20. pnkdth

Ignore me too. I'm top level daybreak operative. My shill is so ill all my friends name's dolla dolla Bill.
    • Up x 2