Cortium Silo's

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Libpilot, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Libpilot

Please can you give serious consideration to allowing a player to lock the cortium silo again. You get a group together and start building a base but first you want enough cortium. So you fill your silo above the 20k limit go out with your teammates to get more and come back to someone elses base built using your cortium.
    Also it's extremely anoying that you want to build the defences up before you place the Orbital Strike and find that some random comes along and places his. This renderd the hour you put in running around competing for cortium to waste.
    • Up x 6
  2. Libpilot

Furthermore If one of your team mates logs off, the owner of the silo. You are then left unable to build replacement modules when you fend off an attack. It's starting to get silly.
  3. Pacster3

Yeah, and you think exaggerating like that really helps? you should be able to scrap buildings that others build at your silo and that's about it. The 20k lock is already annoying enough if you want to defend someones base but can't build anything cause he ain't above that limit.
  4. PlanetBound

5. supahitecjetfyta

they should make it you can lock the build area.
    i dont care if ppl take things from the silo but id like to stop them ruining my base layout with badly placed walls and things which block the LOS of my turrets.
  6. Jac70

Whenever I put a base down I want people to come and add stuff - especially turrets and AI modules. Then again I play solo pretty much all the time.

Can you lock access to your ANT terminal? You could always ignore the silo, just keeping it ticking but empty enough that people cannot generate structures from it. If you get a random in the vicinity just undeploy.
  7. chamks

i used to be an enthusiastic base builder, and i started to purchase and work on my base items untill the last update.
    but ever since it, i dont build bases no more...
    • Up x 1
  8. OgreMarkX

We have a "Central Planner" designing gameplay. Never ends well.
  9. TomoB

And what's the problem filling other player's silos, they want all the cortium XP for themselves? I liked to help others to fill their silos if they were nearly empty because I don't care about building my own base much. Often base owners drive me away by shooting my ANT if they see me emptying cortium into their silo.
  10. supahitecjetfyta

i usually just build a quick basic support base when i first log in, so i know i have some cover, a terminal and some AA to support me while im out on patrol. i always offer anyone that does help fill my silo my ANT as i have a maxed out one with an assortment of utils and weapons. it is a team game after all.

the only support my base needs is some cortium now and then to keep it active. keeping the base active provides the ANTs in the area some AA and AV support too, so its in their interest to put a bit of cortium in now and then and check if repairs are needed as they drive by. ill be back at some point to replace modules as needed but i cant keep swapping back to an ANT to fill it up.

locking the silo doesnt stop other ANTs from deploying and building, i would like to be able to lock the build area, then the silo can remain open for others to use to transport parts elsewhere if they want to.
    2 guys in a harasser/tank can stop at the base grab a silo and an ammo tower or a terminal or whatever and then go drop them wherever they need it.

we landed at a base yesterday that had turrets, a skywall and a vehicle terminal, my gunner had spawned in as wrong kit so we thought "oh good theres a full silo, we will build a bunker to get a terminal to use", always handy as border patrol uses a lot of mines too. nope locked silo, tried to use the vehicle terminal to pull an ammo sundy to deploy then, nope terminal locked. atleast they hadnt locked their turrets so we could have used them if needed.
  11. Pacster3

Exactly...and even before we had the 20k rarely saw anyone building something in my bases although I kept my silo open. I'm a bit surprised that other players seem to experience something different there. If you read this thread you at least get the feeling that people always build something when they see cortium in a silo....

No base builder wants to see a bunker in his base. Enemy infils tend to abuse the terminal and the shape usually opens holes in your defense. Kast but not leats enemies can hide in it. So if you EVER build a bunker from an enemy silo then build it FAR outside and destroy the terminal after use. If you couldn't build anything then the silo was below 20k...so it was not that full at all(with the oncreased decay 20k is not THAT much anymore).
  12. Sgt Mcguilicuddy

Build a bunker for its terminal? You mean an Infil attractor? You do NOT need a bunker to achieve a change of character. Just select choose another spawn point and select from the window. If you need a max, get a sunderer. Never, NEVER put a bunker in my compound, PLEASE!
  13. Luicanus

They're probably worried that you'll do something to compromise the integrity of their base (eg build more than you give). Or place things in locations that compromise the lines of sight of their turrets. Or with the 20k unlock they may have been deliberately keeping their Silo below that for the above reasons too. Or maybe they just wanted the XP that is gained from offloading cortium into a silo.

Hahaha, on very rare occasions I do, typically if I have C4 enhanced IEDs placed, but I make a point of using an AT mine + a Claymore to rig the terminal. If an infiltrator comes to hack the terminal they'll either step on or shoot the Anti-Personel mine which will, in turn, trigger the AT mine destroying the terminal to prevent capture. Works a treat on Vehicle terminals you don't want to be hacked too.
  14. SLIME0

You destroyed base building! LET US LOCK THE SILO PLEASE! They use our products to destroy my base! TR players come in as VS and and put tings all over your base making i useless! You just gave cheaters more power!
    • Up x 1
  15. SLIME0

HIVE IS GONE! I PAID FOR IT CASH MONEY ! Can I have that refunded? The game IS NOW STEALING MY CREDITS? REFUND FOR ALL YOU TOOK AWAY THAT I PAID FOR!
  16. SLIME0

I agree they ruined a good game! Looks like they want all those that enjoyed base building to leave. They stole our money we paid for hives, supplies to make the walls somewhat in-vincible away why didnt they just just delete all base building completely? May as well they are useless now
    • Up x 1
  17. Luicanus

Wasn't the Hive a free unlock? Once you hit BR15 it was one of the default structures you could build.
  18. SLIME0

iF THIS IS SO THEN i DO APOLOGIZE! But they still took things away as in how I purchased them and how they are now. Biggest issue is locking the Silo.....BUT thank you for the correction.
    • Up x 1
  19. SLIME0

THIS IS IN ERROR PLEASE DISREGARD. I JUST WAS INFORMED THAT THE HIVE WAS FREE AFTER BR15 WAS REACHED. NO REPLIES REQUIRED TO THIS POST
    • Up x 1
  20. DobryiPupok

The same with me. I'm a base building fan, but after latest constructions updates i only tried 1-2 times to build and check what they done. No more wish to build. I'm even not logging in game during the week or more. Only checking forum for some new constructions updates.

But... may be i need to say thanks to devs, cuz i spend more time for better summer hobbies, such as roller skates, bike, running the cross, swimming, playing online chess etc? No, really, thank you dear devs! Good job! :)
    • Up x 1