[Guide] Cyrious Guides to Knowing Planetside

Discussion in 'PlanetSide 2 Gameplay Discussion' started by Sarmane, Aug 23, 2017.

1. Sarmane

Witness Outfit Ops as Lepalose provides highlights from MERC Ops last week.

2. Sarmane

Nuking all the things and new construction tutorial since the mid June update!

3. Sarmane

Something a bit different this time, a Montage by HP McDoogle for the TR Directive LMG, The Butcher

Relentless

4. Sarmane

Further Operation highlights from Lepalose of [MERC] Mercenaries on Connery during the July 4th Holiday event (which is still running until end of August I believe)

5. Sarmane

A heavily requested video from viewers is finally here. Recursion State Tracker is a great external, free to use tool, to provide your sessions in Planetside with detailed statistical tracking experiences and support from audio cues related to particular actions and also an optional overlay feature to always know where you are aiming on screen. Check out the tutorial if you haven't already and are wondering if there's something here for you to enjoy!
  6. Sarmane

Discussion on establishing successful patching in Planetside 2
  7. Sarmane

Cyrious is back and here is a quick overview of the PS2 stream by him

Future of Cyrious

Stream

8. Sarmane

Cyrious discusses the new Nanite System Operative (NSO) system and it's potential for Planetside
  9. Sarmane

Another for the week, this time discussing the effects of O.M.F.G in the past and the potential of DX11 for PS2 now

10. Sarmane

Cyrious gives a State of the Game update on the topic of Alerts in PS2 as of the current build. Great info to understand what kind of impact they have in terms of:

Major Facility Alert
    Minor Facility Alert
    Mini Alert - Aerial Alert
    Continenal Territory Alert

And a discussion on what is working and not through these alerts

11. Sarmane

Another State of the Game analysis, this time on Construction at the end of 2018

With regards to
    Orbital Strike
    Router
    Flail
    Base Durability
  12. Mojo_man

I play TR on Connery and I've recently discovered Cyrious' channel. I'd love to run with his squads but I unfortunately seem unable to bump into him.
  13. Sarmane

Hey Mojo! While I can't promise he will be there every Operations time, Cyrious does play with [MERC] Mercenaries on Connery TR for their Ops which are every Wednesday and Friday at 6pm Pacfic Time. I would recommend you make an application with them and/or add Cyrious as a friend in game and tag along for one of the ops. They are a really fun way to play Planetside and people.

https://mercgg.com/

https://mercgg.com/forums/forum/applications/apply-for-planetside-2-merc
  14. Sarmane

Cyrious covers the implications of two Planetside games existing and a general take on the potential of Planetside: Arena compared to Planetside 2.
  15. DeadlyOmen

Way too long.
  16. Sarmane

Cyrious describes the cultures of PS2 in regards to skilled playstyles and a prerequisite towards the Advanced Heavy Assault Guide
  17. Sarmane

Diving into the sort of reasonings behind the Lifetime Membership that Daybreak Games offered recently
  18. Sarmane

Discussion on the state of Planetside and its current forms of bugs and how they relate to future development
  19. OgreMarkX

I play TR on Connery. You can't run with MERC unless you have one of these three things:

1. Morse code equipment linked to all other MERCs
    2. A Telex/Telegram hookup linked to all other MERCs
    3. Speak Navajo (aka you're a Windtalker)

One time I was driving in my sunderer and eating a snickers bar with one hand and accidentally cut Cyrious's morse code wires from a base to the next fight.

He chewed me out in Navajo.

I replied: .. / .- -- / ...- . .-. -.-- / .--. .-. . - - -.--

It was pretty cool. 5/5.

Would cut the wires again.
    • Up x 1
  20. JibbaJabba

I dig Cyrious and his stuff is great but this video I take issue with. He assumes so much and is so wrong about it.
    He assumes the high KDR player got that way *without* playing for the objectives.
    He assumes an high KDR HA main won't mop the floor with you while playing as any other class (they will).
    He assumes a high KDR player somehow has control over who he fights with and deliberately chooses easy targets.

His attack to defense ratio metric is utter crap and here's the logic the proves it:
    Assume you are awesome at attacking and you are awesome at defending.
    You are equally good at both.
    You alternate back and forth between the two *exactly* equally. One defense, one attack, one defense, one attack..
    Being awesome at attacking, your attacks will end quickly (duration of base timer)
    Being awesome at defending, your defense will last longer (until the enemy gives up and stops sending spawns you destroy)
    By this logic a good player will have a higher defense ratio even though they did things equally.
    He spends a lot of time in the video bashing good players while failing to point out the crap gameplay of the "victims".
    There are a LOT of BAD players in planetside... not just at planetside, but at FPS games in general. People running like lemmings into the meat grinder of a couple high KDR players is not the fault of the high KDR players and Cyrious needs to put his moral high ground in check here.
    That said. I dig all his other stuff.
    • Up x 1